ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > CO-EXISTING CONDITIONS > Anxiety Disorders, OCD & PTSD
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Anxiety Disorders, OCD & PTSD A forum to discuss Anxiety, Generalized Anxiety Disorder, Obsessive Compulsive Disorder, Panic Disorder, Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder, Simple Phobias, and Social Anxiety Disorder

Old 09-12-18, 01:38 PM

DarkMaGiicS is on a distinguished road
I thought today, I would of met my death bed

So today, after 24 hours awake, I took my Concerta with a rockstar energy drink, I downed this drink like no business.

I started getting muscle twitching around my body, Sharp pain in my chest, My head was tingling, I thought i was close to a heart attack, I took a diazepam and propranolol, It took its effect, I was fine for a hour, But suddenly, I couldn't move, I had pain going down my left arm, Pain in my jaw, Discomfort in my chest, My anxiety was hitting its highest peak, I was sweating, my body started feeling like i was going to have a stroke, I called 999(Emergacy response)

They got to me within 5 minutes as they thought i was having a cardiac arrest.

I was a mess, I even ****** myself as the pain was that bad. i couldn't move, They injected me with a controlled painkiller, Pain was still THERE, I was starting to get a little sedated, The done emergancy bloods, ESG, Blood pressure, Sugar test, Drug test, A full count body // heart tests, There was 7 paramedics here.

Every test come back? Perfect? No problem with my heart, sugar, blood pressure

They took me to hospital for a full body x-ray

NOTHING

Rockstar + Concerta + No sleep caused me to have a psychotic anxiety attack, They explained to me very well how bad high caffeine and concerta can be, I was in shock, All that pain, all it was just my head playing games with me

ANXIETY
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to DarkMaGiicS For This Useful Post:
benito (09-12-18), Emre22 (09-12-18), Fuzzy12 (09-13-18), Lunacie (09-12-18), Rebelyell (09-12-18)
Old 09-12-18, 02:50 PM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 10,755 Times in 5,795 Posts
Rebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond repute
Re: I thought today, I would of met my death bed

Well I'm glad to see your ok be more careful next time maybe
Old 09-12-18, 07:18 PM
Committee Member

Emre22 is a name known to allEmre22 is a name known to allEmre22 is a name known to allEmre22 is a name known to allEmre22 is a name known to allEmre22 is a name known to all

You have to sensitive body

You must becareful with all meds,stimulants,substances

Air Nomad Guru Laghima
Sponsored Links
Old 09-13-18, 02:38 AM
ADDvanced Member

SashaBV will become famous soon enough

I've heard some scary stories about those energy drinks, just them by themselves. And to mix them with meds without knowing what would happen? Wow, you probably should have called 911 even earlier. Glad you're okay, though.
Old 09-13-18, 08:39 AM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 30,113 Times in 13,881 Posts
Fuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond repute

That sounds scary. Thanks for sharing. It's a good reminder to be really cautious when mixing stimulants with caffeine and sleep deprivation never helps

Glad you are ok!!
Old 09-13-18, 09:14 AM

Feeling so much better today after a good night sleep and no caffeine, Energy drinks may taste nice, May give you a little buzz with stimulants, But they can also mess you around, It can cause heart defects, high sugar level, even heart attacks, But a very common effect it can give someone who has AD(H)D and take stimulants is really bad anxiety and heart problems, even if its just a coffee, You should never mix these tablets and always be caution with it!

If you ever felt like i did, Stay calm, Get medical attention straight away and just say to yourself "Its anxiety" but most of the time it is anxiety even though it really feels like it isn't, You won't believe the doctors its anxiety but if thats the diagnoses, Trust me, Believe them
Old 09-13-18, 09:35 AM
Committee Member

Emre22 is a name known to allEmre22 is a name known to allEmre22 is a name known to allEmre22 is a name known to allEmre22 is a name known to allEmre22 is a name known to all

Probably everyone is different
Had no problem with Coffee&Energy Drinks&Cigarettes&Concerta&Wellbutrin

I guess , i use too much stimulating things , somehow body adapted

Air Nomad Guru Laghima
Old 09-13-18, 09:45 AM

Unhappy Re: I thought today, I would of met my death bed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emre22 View Post
Probably everyone is different
Had no problem with Coffee&Energy Drinks&Cigarettes&Concerta&Wellbutrin

I guess , i use too much stimulating things , somehow body adapted
Could happen to anybody at any time, Even if you do these things daily, I mean, Not saying your gonna have a problem but one day your body could just give up and give problems due to mixing stimulants

Everyone is different surely, Some people drink vodka, brandy on stimulants have no problems
Old 09-13-18, 09:50 AM
Committee Member

Additional note : I have been consuming large amounts of caffeins since i was 16 years old
Smoking since i was 18 years old
My body is very familiar with coffee, energy drinks

It doesnt force my heart even
Never had high blood pressure problem even

Air Nomad Guru Laghima