ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > ADDF Lounge > Chit-Chat
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Old 09-13-18, 05:33 AM
Mod-A-holic

Thanked 32,426 Times in 15,023 Posts
sarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond repute
Had a reason for taking a certain med, does doctor have to change my records?

What I mean is...I had a standing rx for a pain med for the chronic pain I have. I ended up having two oral procedures done that caused enormous pain. My doctor is very clear that I am not to take the pain medicine for anything other than the chronic pain. I had leftover trammadol from between my hand surgeries so I took that instead. ( with the approval of the endodontist)The last time I took pain meds was the Saturday before my urine screen. The doc mentioned that she wanted periodic screens so I messaged her about when to take it. She asked that I come into the office the Monday after that Saturday. I would never ask to take a drug test if I had done anything wrong. My refill for the pain medicine was sitting at the pharmacy to be picked up that Friday.

She called me that Wed. to tell me that they did not find any of the pain medicine in my screen but they did find Trammadol. I explained to her that I hadn't been taking the pain meds and that I had trammadol from December. She is a very good doctor and the papers that I signed for the pain meds stated that there are no exceptions. She said when she pulled my rx history that she couldn't see that I had been prescribed trammadol. She kind of implied that because my husband was on Trammadol she wondered if I was taking his. There was no oxycodone in my system. She said she could no longer prescribe the pain meds but would still be my doctor. She said she would be willing to refer me for medical MJ.

When I go for my physical I am bringing a print out from the pharmacy that I had a legit rx. I also have the complete rx for September of the pain meds...she told me I needed to wean off them but I just stopped. So I plan on bringing them with me too. She wasn't mean or a jerk about it, very matter of fact. A few questions......

Is she obligated to change the notes for my records to reflect that I did have a legit script? Is she obligated to note that I was not taking the pain meds at least because that is what I say even if she didn't like it? If she is willing to refer me for medical MJ she can't be afraid of my honesty or think that I can't be trusted with narcotics...she is just covering her as* IMO. What do you all think? Its very important to me for her to understand that I did have an rx and that I have the full amount of pills for September to "prove" that I could stop and am not taking it. My integrity is very important to me. If she wants another screen then no problem.

I am going back to my pain management doc to see what he thinks( I turned him down before due to the fact that I refused to go any higher in pain med dose-I was on 7.5mg of oxycodone in total for the day). The pain doc wouldn't see me due to the fact that I was on such a low dose and didn't want more or to go any higher. He said I was a breath of fresh air because I was not asking for more or expecting more, I was just honest.

I know my doc likes me and she isn't refusing to see me or discharging me from the practice. She wouldn't refer me for medical MJ if she didn't see a need or that I wasn't honest right?

What do you all think? (I also can't take any NSAIDS due to various digestive issues and the last time I did I ended up in the ER). I hope I don't sound like I am making excuses or something shady, its just the truth.

I carried a watermelon?
The Following User Says Thank You to sarahsweets For This Useful Post:
psychopathetic (09-13-18)
Old 09-13-18, 06:37 AM
e-(((hug))) extraordinaire!

Thanked 15,242 Times in 7,590 Posts
psychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Had a reason for taking a certain med, does doctor have to change my records?

lol I'm such a dumb a**. i didn't know what MJ was, so I google searched "medical MJ"...haha...oh, it's that!

I don't have answers to your questions, but it does sound like you're doing everything right in this situation by being open and honest with her. It sounds like she's not questioning you...it's just that (like you said) she has to cover her own a**.

(((Sweets)))

(((((((MOM)))))))
I Miss You.

Old 10-01-18, 02:37 PM
ADDvanced Member

SashaBV will become famous soon enough
Re: Had a reason for taking a certain med, does doctor have to change my records?

The doctors in this country are under great pressure by the government. That's probably all it is. My DD is a doctor and she doesn't like to prescribe any controlled pain med or sleeping med...in her specialty, she can easily do it that way. But yeah, show her you were taking your own legally prescribed med.
Sponsored Links