ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > ADDF Lounge > Chit-Chat
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Old 07-21-15, 06:19 AM
e-(((hug))) extraordinaire!

Thanked 15,251 Times in 7,593 Posts
psychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Small Successes

Quote:
Originally Posted by BellaVita View Post
Just finished an amazing book tonight...can't wait to read the second book....

I'm so overwhelmed with emotion...that book went to the core.

That was truly a wonderful book.
Oh don't just leave us hanging!!! lol...what book was it?

Gah I miss reading books! lol...been ages since I've finished one (haha I've been halfway through at least half a dozen books for over a year now).

Did the book come from your little nerdy (hehe ) library?

(((((((MOM)))))))
I Miss You.

The Following User Says Thank You to psychopathetic For This Useful Post:
BellaVita (07-21-15)
Old 07-21-15, 08:53 AM
Mrs dvdnvwls

Thanked 18,904 Times in 9,304 Posts
BellaVita has a reputation beyond reputeBellaVita has a reputation beyond reputeBellaVita has a reputation beyond reputeBellaVita has a reputation beyond reputeBellaVita has a reputation beyond reputeBellaVita has a reputation beyond reputeBellaVita has a reputation beyond reputeBellaVita has a reputation beyond reputeBellaVita has a reputation beyond reputeBellaVita has a reputation beyond reputeBellaVita has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by psychopathetic View Post
Oh don't just leave us hanging!!! lol...what book was it?

Gah I miss reading books! lol...been ages since I've finished one (haha I've been halfway through at least half a dozen books for over a year now).
Forbidden - The Book of Mortals

It was a crazy book, and anything you read online about it doesn't do it justice. Especially reading the back cover of the book, whoever wrote it clearly didn't read the book!

But dang...

Life...love...blood

A book about drinking the blood, everyone in the world is dead and had been for over 400 years...they weren't dead dead, but there was a virus that was released to help the humans evolve, a virus that altered their genetic codes and would eventually wipe out all emotions...except fear, because fear was needed for survival.

And so yeah, and there was one remnant of those who were alive, who was born with the purest blood. And he was to be Sovereign...and to try to save the world from their deadened state.

(The reason the virus was released in the first place was because ambition, lust, and greed led to Chaos - the corruption of the world. So the virus was to make sure peace would be in the world, only keeping the emotion - fear - needed for survival...)

And so the future Sovereign boy and his Keepers came about to try to save the world.....

I won't tell anything more (those things don't spoil the book - just some background info)

Quote:
Did the book come from your little nerdy (hehe ) library?
Yes, it did.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BellaVita For This Useful Post:
midnightstar (07-22-15), psychopathetic (07-21-15)
Old 07-21-15, 02:55 PM
Societal Malarkey Sorter

Thanked 17,792 Times in 8,903 Posts
Unmanagable has disabled reputation

Remaining delightfully and melodically entertained while gathering and putting all the random things in one corner away, dusting all the stuff left in said corner, washing dishes, making a soup for the crock pot, and dancing in the rain to go refill the bird feeder, all at the same time, pretty much. Hahahahaha!! Once the ball gets rolling, look out!

Working on purposely directing all of this excess brain energy towards making my living space more functional and pleasing to the eye vs. allowing my butt to sit and fingers to type as I fervently seek out never ending loops of random info in the endless and always accommodating world wide web.

Working well, so far, and seeing the results is a natural high of sorts. If only I didn't grow such an unexplainable tolerance of that pleasant and accomplished feeling and let it get cluttered up again. Wishing cellular memory of all the comforting good stuff would come rushing in as aggressively as the disjointed feelings of discomfort.

"You torment yourself wondering how they could not love your burning heart. And the answer darling, you are not the star you thought you were. You are the f******g universe and not everybody is an astronaut." ~Unknown
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Unmanagable For This Useful Post:
psychopathetic (07-21-15), stef (07-21-15)
Sponsored Links
Old 07-21-15, 04:42 PM

psychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond repute

Go Aunty Unsy go!

...Also, I'm jealous of your rain.

...Also...Also...May I borrow a cup of your brain energy please? lol

(((((((MOM)))))))
I Miss You.

Unmanagable (07-21-15)
Old 07-21-15, 04:44 PM

(((((((Bells)))))))

What a cool book! Man it's been a long time since I've read such a cool book.

/sneaks into Nerdy Bell's library to pick out a new book to read half of

(((((((MOM)))))))
I Miss You.

Old 07-21-15, 10:34 PM
Societal Malarkey Sorter

Got the floor vacuumed, clothes put away and more washed, bed linens laundered, made more salad dressing, rearranged stuff in the craft room to make friendlier pathways for foot traffic, watered my indoor plants, and helped the hubster as he sawed up more of the fallen tree. Rock on, domestic diva/energizer bunny! lmao Leaving the computer off did/does wonders for my productivity. I should do it more often.

The youngest offspring is arriving this week to recoup from summer vacation and prepare to head to Africa to work for a year, so I have extra incentive to have our space much more 'together' than usual. That way, she'll have the freedom to mess it up as need be while she does her thing.

Those precious and few moments of complete cleanliness and massive reduction of clutter and dust. Ahhhhhhhhhhh........... (**Ah-choooo!**)

"You torment yourself wondering how they could not love your burning heart. And the answer darling, you are not the star you thought you were. You are the f******g universe and not everybody is an astronaut." ~Unknown
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Unmanagable For This Useful Post:
anonymouslyadd (07-21-15), psychopathetic (07-22-15)
Old 07-21-15, 11:03 PM
Moderator of all seasons

Thanked 16,261 Times in 8,226 Posts
anonymouslyadd has a reputation beyond reputeanonymouslyadd has a reputation beyond reputeanonymouslyadd has a reputation beyond reputeanonymouslyadd has a reputation beyond reputeanonymouslyadd has a reputation beyond reputeanonymouslyadd has a reputation beyond reputeanonymouslyadd has a reputation beyond reputeanonymouslyadd has a reputation beyond reputeanonymouslyadd has a reputation beyond reputeanonymouslyadd has a reputation beyond reputeanonymouslyadd has a reputation beyond repute

I spent time on my speech, made a phone call, did some light cleaning in the kitchen and put dishes away.

~Paulo Coelho
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to anonymouslyadd For This Useful Post:
psychopathetic (07-22-15), Unmanagable (07-21-15)
Old 07-22-15, 05:39 AM
Purriendly feline moderator

Thanked 22,746 Times in 13,435 Posts
midnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by BellaVita View Post
Forbidden - The Book of Mortals

It was a crazy book, and anything you read online about it doesn't do it justice. Especially reading the back cover of the book, whoever wrote it clearly didn't read the book!

But dang...

Life...love...blood

A book about drinking the blood, everyone in the world is dead and had been for over 400 years...they weren't dead dead, but there was a virus that was released to help the humans evolve, a virus that altered their genetic codes and would eventually wipe out all emotions...except fear, because fear was needed for survival.

And so yeah, and there was one remnant of those who were alive, who was born with the purest blood. And he was to be Sovereign...and to try to save the world from their deadened state.

(The reason the virus was released in the first place was because ambition, lust, and greed led to Chaos - the corruption of the world. So the virus was to make sure peace would be in the world, only keeping the emotion - fear - needed for survival...)

And so the future Sovereign boy and his Keepers came about to try to save the world.....

I won't tell anything more (those things don't spoil the book - just some background info)

Yes, it did.
(((Belle of the Ball)))

(Belle of the Ball's Library)))
Ebony (1st January 2014 - 2nd March 2018)
Tigger (31st October 2014 - current)
Willow (3rd November 2018 - current)
"No human should ever hurt an animal" Jessie, Animal Farm

Old 07-28-15, 02:12 AM
Moderator of all seasons

anonymouslyadd has a reputation beyond reputeanonymouslyadd has a reputation beyond reputeanonymouslyadd has a reputation beyond reputeanonymouslyadd has a reputation beyond reputeanonymouslyadd has a reputation beyond reputeanonymouslyadd has a reputation beyond reputeanonymouslyadd has a reputation beyond reputeanonymouslyadd has a reputation beyond reputeanonymouslyadd has a reputation beyond reputeanonymouslyadd has a reputation beyond reputeanonymouslyadd has a reputation beyond repute

I finally finished the first speech out of the entertaining speaker manual. People loved it. My heart is glad.

I knew it wasn't perfect but I did my best focusing on what I could do.

~Paulo Coelho
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to anonymouslyadd For This Useful Post:
amberwillow (08-05-15), someothertime (07-28-15), Unmanagable (07-28-15)
Old 08-03-15, 03:23 PM
Societal Malarkey Sorter

Helped rewrite an introductory business plan to help improve the flow that had been sorely crushed by a previous editor. Wow. That sparked some neural activity I forgot I had.

I spent over a decade writing and editing policies and procedures, life skills class curriculum, mental health reports, support group blueprints, etc. that had to be dry to be approved and supported......and it crushed my spirit big time. It felt so good to turn a dry scripted promotion into a flow of linguistic intrigue that was celebrated. Yay!!!!!!!

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Unmanagable For This Useful Post:
amberwillow (08-05-15), anonymouslyadd (08-03-15), psychopathetic (08-03-15), stef (08-03-15)
Old 08-03-15, 03:55 PM
Moderator of all seasons

I did some work this morning.

~Paulo Coelho
amberwillow (08-05-15), psychopathetic (08-03-15), Unmanagable (08-03-15)
Old 08-04-15, 12:37 AM
Mrs dvdnvwls

Thanked 18,904 Times in 9,304 Posts
BellaVita has a reputation beyond reputeBellaVita has a reputation beyond reputeBellaVita has a reputation beyond reputeBellaVita has a reputation beyond reputeBellaVita has a reputation beyond reputeBellaVita has a reputation beyond reputeBellaVita has a reputation beyond reputeBellaVita has a reputation beyond reputeBellaVita has a reputation beyond reputeBellaVita has a reputation beyond reputeBellaVita has a reputation beyond repute

Cleaned the bathroom.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to BellaVita For This Useful Post:
amberwillow (08-05-15), anonymouslyadd (08-04-15), psychopathetic (08-04-15), Unmanagable (08-05-15)
Old 08-05-15, 12:32 AM
Moderator of all seasons

I responded to emails.

~Paulo Coelho
amberwillow (08-05-15), BellaVita (08-05-15), Unmanagable (08-05-15)
Old 08-05-15, 01:51 AM
Well Modulated Moderator

Thanked 2,425 Times in 1,193 Posts
amberwillow has a brilliant futureamberwillow has a brilliant futureamberwillow has a brilliant futureamberwillow has a brilliant futureamberwillow has a brilliant futureamberwillow has a brilliant futureamberwillow has a brilliant futureamberwillow has a brilliant futureamberwillow has a brilliant futureamberwillow has a brilliant futureamberwillow has a brilliant future

I've been really down the last 6 days... Today my DH reminded me that we planned to prep meals ahead for the slow cooker. We picked up the ingredients yesterday in a quick food shop.

So I have vegetable soup simmering on the stove, saucy pulled pork simmering in the slow cooker and two more 'dump bag' recipes (apricot chicken and smoky sausage and bacon casserole) in the freezer.

I feel a little less like crying now. That's a success!
anonymouslyadd (08-05-15), BellaVita (08-05-15), psychopathetic (08-05-15), stef (08-05-15), Unmanagable (08-05-15)
Old 08-05-15, 09:52 AM

(((((((Ambers)))))))

(((((((MOM)))))))
I Miss You.

anonymouslyadd (08-05-15)