ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > ADDF Lounge > Chit-Chat
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Old 12-17-13, 11:14 AM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 1,028 Times in 608 Posts
excel is a splendid one to beholdexcel is a splendid one to beholdexcel is a splendid one to beholdexcel is a splendid one to beholdexcel is a splendid one to beholdexcel is a splendid one to beholdexcel is a splendid one to beholdexcel is a splendid one to behold
Re: Support Group Fireside chat!!!!

This time of year can be so depressing
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to excel For This Useful Post:
psychopathetic (12-17-13), Rebelyell (12-17-13)
Old 12-25-13, 10:17 PM

excel is a splendid one to beholdexcel is a splendid one to beholdexcel is a splendid one to beholdexcel is a splendid one to beholdexcel is a splendid one to beholdexcel is a splendid one to beholdexcel is a splendid one to beholdexcel is a splendid one to behold

Tw0 days surgery.
Old 12-25-13, 10:33 PM

Thanked 25,988 Times in 12,126 Posts
Lunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by excel View Post
Tw0 days surgery.
Do you mean you'll be in the hospital for two days?

As far as I know, there is nothing positive about ADHD that people can't have w out ADHD. ~ ADD me
Sponsored Links
Old 12-25-13, 11:00 PM

Two days till surgery
Old 12-25-13, 11:02 PM

Thanked 25,988 Times in 12,126 Posts
Lunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond repute

Oh. Once you recover you'll be so happy not to have that pain any more.

As far as I know, there is nothing positive about ADHD that people can't have w out ADHD. ~ ADD me
Old 12-25-13, 11:05 PM
Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 1,771 Times in 774 Posts
Possum has a reputation beyond reputePossum has a reputation beyond reputePossum has a reputation beyond reputePossum has a reputation beyond reputePossum has a reputation beyond reputePossum has a reputation beyond reputePossum has a reputation beyond reputePossum has a reputation beyond reputePossum has a reputation beyond reputePossum has a reputation beyond reputePossum has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by excel View Post
This time of year can be so depressing
It sure can, excel. I hope your health issues are resolved soon. I'm very depressed tonight because Christmas is the time I got a little kitten that I named Sylvester, and he grew up to be the beautiful cat in my avatar. Last fall I lost my housing in town and the only rental I could find that I can afford was way out in the country. It's pretty out here, but very isolated and there's wild animals here that you don't see in town.

I brought Sylvester with me when I made the move, of course. I made sure that I didn't let him out and did everything I could to get him used to his new home. However, he remained pretty flipped out and one day when I was taking out the trash, he made a break for it and ran out the door before I could stop him. He ran all the way across the yard and climbed up into the branches of a tree and refused to come down. I lost my voice from calling to him, trying to get him to come down. He was still up there when it got dark, and I had to give up for the night. As I was walking back to the house, I noticed a great horned owl suddenly fly out from a large spruce tree where it must have been roosting during the day. Those suckers are huge, and I got a very bad feeling. Sure enough, when I went back to look for Sylvester as soon as it got light, he had vanished from his perch in the tree. I continued to search for him for weeks, but - nothing. That damned owl got him for sure.

I really miss him even more now that it's the holidays. I remember how he'd curled up under the Christmas tree the first day I brought him home and how he'd woken up to wreck havoc with the ornaments. I didn't mind, he was just so damn cute. He was a special little soul and had one blue eye and one green eye. Sylvester was one of the finest little friends I've ever had and I don't think a Christmas will ever go by again when I don't remember him and grieve his loss.
The Following User Says Thank You to Possum For This Useful Post:
angora (12-27-13)
Old 12-25-13, 11:52 PM

Thanked 10,856 Times in 5,836 Posts
Rebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond repute

possum.
The Following User Says Thank You to Rebelyell For This Useful Post:
Possum (12-27-13)
Old 12-27-13, 04:17 AM
Forum ADDvocate

Possum has a reputation beyond reputePossum has a reputation beyond reputePossum has a reputation beyond reputePossum has a reputation beyond reputePossum has a reputation beyond reputePossum has a reputation beyond reputePossum has a reputation beyond reputePossum has a reputation beyond reputePossum has a reputation beyond reputePossum has a reputation beyond reputePossum has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks, Rebel. You know, I still get sad every time I log onto these forums and see my avatar picture. But I'm going to keep Sylvester up there a while longer in honor of his memory. I thought about getting a new kitten, but then I realized that I was just wanting to go out and find a Sylvester to bring home and that will never happen. Sylvester was one of the most unique kitties I have ever met.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Possum For This Useful Post:
psychopathetic (12-27-13), Rebelyell (12-27-13)
Old 12-27-13, 10:25 AM

Rebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond repute

I didnt know an owl could carry off a house cat but looking it up its obvious they can.thats new to me , if I lived closer id buy you another cat.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Rebelyell For This Useful Post:
Possum (12-27-13), psychopathetic (12-27-13)
Old 12-27-13, 10:28 AM
e-(((hug))) extraordinaire!

Thanked 15,242 Times in 7,590 Posts
psychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond repute

:*(

((((((((((((((Sylvester))))))))))))))

I am so sorry!

(((((((MOM)))))))
I Miss You.

The Following User Says Thank You to psychopathetic For This Useful Post:
Possum (12-27-13)
Old 12-27-13, 11:06 AM

Damn tweety bird, Sylvester should of eaten the damn bird when he had a chance! Ug
Possum (12-27-13)
Old 12-27-13, 08:09 PM
Forum ADDvocate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebelyell View Post
I didnt know an owl could carry off a house cat but looking it up its obvious they can.thats new to me , if I lived closer id buy you another cat.
Aw, that's so nice of you, Rebel. And if you bought me another cat, it would be a special one too, because I know you're fond of critters yourself.

Yeah great horned owls can have up to a 5 foot wing span and they'll eat pretty much anything that's around - skunks, marmots, peregrine falcons, other owls, and alas for poor Sylvester, house cats.

If I would have had a 12 guage or a rifle that night, I'd have shot that owl, swear to god. I normally like owls, but I knew its sudden appearance on the scene was very likely going to be bad news. Owls are usually pretty shy and don't like to be too near humans. I should have taken my boombox out there and cranked up Bruce Cockburn's "If I had a Rocket Launcher" top volume: "If I had a rocket launcher, some son of a ***** would die..." The owl would probably have taken the hint and flown off to look for a small child to eat for dinner instead of poor Sylvester. Hindsight is always 20/20.
Old 12-27-13, 10:49 PM

My jaw dropped when I read there talons can crush a mans forearm bones:O that's why they tell you not to touch a wounded owl Wikipedia said.My godmom likes owls,I love all wildlife but I feel bad that it was your cat.Its like some of us just keep getting kicked an kicked by life and its one freaking thing after the other w some of us for some ungodly reason.
Possum (12-27-13)
Old 12-27-13, 11:17 PM
Forum ADDvocate

Well, Rebel I've thought about that "bad luck" thing, too. It seems to me that many of us ADD/ADHD folk have harder lives than some. Like for me, I'm often not paying attention to stuff because my mind has wandered off into its own little twilight zone. This can be bad news if trouble is brewing somewhere and I don't pick up on it right away. Or if I'm supposed to be doing something on the job and after 20 minutes I get bored and start doing something else and forget to go back and finish what I was REALLY supposed to do, the boss gets mad at me. If I forget where I need to turn off the highway and start slowing down to look for my exit, some cop pulls me over for erratic driving. On and on. I bet you have an idea what I mean yourself.
The Following User Says Thank You to Possum For This Useful Post:
Rebelyell (12-27-13)
Old 12-28-13, 03:33 PM

hopeworks is a jewel in the roughhopeworks is a jewel in the roughhopeworks is a jewel in the rough

We had severl hawks circling around my MinPin, she weighed 5 pounds at the most, they could have easily snached her up. It's awful !! I"m so sorry
My brother died on a motorcyle less just over 2 years ago, 2 months after he died, my MinPin had to be put to sleep she was 13, it was awful but she could not even stand up to eat, drink and was panting with pain we tried everything. SHe was our baby. Each person is different but I waited about 6 months and went to animal shelter a place I have never been able to go into. And goodnes .. there was a MinPin not like my LuciLu she was black and tan, this one is red. I fell in love, he joined our 5 days later after the waiting period. I will tell you I miss LuciLu still but JJ (my now MinPin) did ease that pain.