ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > ADDF Lounge > Chit-Chat
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Old 04-03-17, 01:43 AM
Mr. BllVt

Thanked 17,967 Times in 9,011 Posts
dvdnvwls has a reputation beyond reputedvdnvwls has a reputation beyond reputedvdnvwls has a reputation beyond reputedvdnvwls has a reputation beyond reputedvdnvwls has a reputation beyond reputedvdnvwls has a reputation beyond reputedvdnvwls has a reputation beyond reputedvdnvwls has a reputation beyond reputedvdnvwls has a reputation beyond reputedvdnvwls has a reputation beyond reputedvdnvwls has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Big Successes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermus View Post
6 months of sobriety from alcoholic today!
Hey - congratulations! That's a significant amount of time, during which you have not only been not drinking (which by itself already deserves congratulations) but also doing a lot of positive things for yourself. Be proud of the good things you've done - and continue onward and upward!
Postmodernism, the school of 'thought' that proclaimed 'There are no truths, only interpretations' has largely played itself out in absurdity, but it has left behind a generation of academics in the humanities disabled by their distrust of the very idea of truth and their disrespect for evidence, settling for 'conversations' in which nobody is wrong and nothing can be confirmed, only asserted with whatever style you can muster.
The Following User Says Thank You to dvdnvwls For This Useful Post:
Hermus (04-03-17)
Old 04-12-17, 12:08 PM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 5,752 Times in 2,462 Posts
Hermus has a reputation beyond reputeHermus has a reputation beyond reputeHermus has a reputation beyond reputeHermus has a reputation beyond reputeHermus has a reputation beyond reputeHermus has a reputation beyond reputeHermus has a reputation beyond reputeHermus has a reputation beyond reputeHermus has a reputation beyond reputeHermus has a reputation beyond reputeHermus has a reputation beyond repute

Got my first SLAA sponsor!
The Following User Says Thank You to Hermus For This Useful Post:
stef (04-12-17)
Old 08-01-17, 01:39 AM
Moderator of all seasons

Thanked 16,261 Times in 8,226 Posts
anonymouslyadd has a reputation beyond reputeanonymouslyadd has a reputation beyond reputeanonymouslyadd has a reputation beyond reputeanonymouslyadd has a reputation beyond reputeanonymouslyadd has a reputation beyond reputeanonymouslyadd has a reputation beyond reputeanonymouslyadd has a reputation beyond reputeanonymouslyadd has a reputation beyond reputeanonymouslyadd has a reputation beyond reputeanonymouslyadd has a reputation beyond reputeanonymouslyadd has a reputation beyond repute

How I handled myself when my pseudo-boss had me in a meeting for about two and a half hours. I held her accountable. I told her when she was wrong. I admitted when I was wrong. I didn't back down, even though it was difficult.

So many things occurred that I was able to overcome with some skills and experience. I've come so far in my life and am proud of that!

~Paulo Coelho
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to anonymouslyadd For This Useful Post:
Little Missy (08-01-17), psychopathetic (08-01-17), stef (08-01-17), userguide (08-01-17)
Sponsored Links
Old 08-15-17, 01:33 AM
e-(((hug))) extraordinaire!

Thanked 15,226 Times in 7,579 Posts
psychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond repute

Finally got a nice "win" under my belt today. Caught my dad back up on his billing and everything he's owed for his respite providing job.

Man it's been a pain these last few months getting it right. And there's SO much to keep track of...numbers. And he recently got a raise in pay...which not only changed all those numbers (he gets paid per 15 minutes called units...but there's 2 kinds of units each boy gets, and each of those units each have their own separate unit number...so I gotta keep track of how many units of each my dad has left for the year, and which boy is using which kind of units and when each day my dad is with them...and of course they pay different amounts, so I gotta keep track of that as well...)...but each of the 2 boys he works with each have their own personal pre-authorization numbers (have no idea what that means)...but can't forget to mention that each of the boys have their own unique id numbers as well...
There's also my dad who has 2 id numbers I gotta keep track of that are similar but different sized. 1 for the website side of things, and another for his billing. Yet another number to get confused with.
As well as the dates and times my dad has the boys. All this has to be professionally documented of course.
There's also the times we go on drives, vacations or meals. I gotta keep track of all those numbers as well. The hours we're gone, miles used, dollars spent...some of this can be used to help with taxes and what not.
Oh, and let's not forget that the website I use to do the actual billing requires you to update your password every 2 weeks! And it's VERY specific...a minimum and maximum charactr count...at least 1 of which having to be a capital letter, 1 a number, and yet another being a symbol. Can't be a prior password used for the site, can't contain any consecutive part of your id numbers...and on and on!

/sigh...lol if the above came across as a confusing jumbled mess of words...then good. I conveyed my message. This billing is tough and confusing for me and it's all very jumbled up...and it's been on my shoulders to have figured out BLINDLY knowing very little.

I got 1 number wrong. 1 small number...and so my dad only got paid about 1/3rd of what was owed to him a couple of weeks ago. I figured that mess out and got him paid a bit more this week...but he was still owed a big chunk, and it took me all the way till tonight to finally figure it out. I was typing in another one of the MANY numbers in incorrectly. lol so now he wont get paid for this (which catches him up thank god!) till next week. It'll have taken me 3 weeks to get him fully paid.

At least he's not upset with me about it. He's frustrated of course, but he's not mad.

What a pain though.
I had no idea how stressful doing my dad's paperwork was going to be. Sometimes I feel as if I bit off more than I can chew. But I am getting there. I am learning as I go...things WILL get easier as I move past all these mistakes and hurdles. Eventually I'll have made so many mistakes and have had to jump through so many loops to get everything worked out...this will start to become natural to me. Easy. Just a walk in the park.
It's just taking me awhile to learn.

Glad to have my dad all caught up though for now. That's some good news for me

(((((((MOM)))))))
I Miss You.

Last edited by psychopathetic; 08-15-17 at 01:44 AM..
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to psychopathetic For This Useful Post:
anonymouslyadd (08-22-17), stef (08-15-17), Unmanagable (08-15-17)
Old 08-16-17, 04:43 PM

Thanked 27,039 Times in 13,132 Posts
stef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond repute

Taking concrete steps to iron out some administrative problems
The Following User Says Thank You to stef For This Useful Post:
anonymouslyadd (08-22-17)
Old 08-16-17, 07:05 PM

Thanked 21,474 Times in 11,513 Posts
Little Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond repute

FINALLY I was able to pin them down, no more ambiguity!- about how much squirrel food.

What a three year ordeal.

And in the end, the love you take; is equal to the love you make...Beatles Abbey Road 1969
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Little Missy For This Useful Post:
anonymouslyadd (08-22-17), stef (08-17-17)
Old 08-30-17, 12:28 AM
Moderator of all seasons

anonymouslyadd has a reputation beyond reputeanonymouslyadd has a reputation beyond reputeanonymouslyadd has a reputation beyond reputeanonymouslyadd has a reputation beyond reputeanonymouslyadd has a reputation beyond reputeanonymouslyadd has a reputation beyond reputeanonymouslyadd has a reputation beyond reputeanonymouslyadd has a reputation beyond reputeanonymouslyadd has a reputation beyond reputeanonymouslyadd has a reputation beyond reputeanonymouslyadd has a reputation beyond repute

I just paid off the balance of a credit card I owed money on.

~Paulo Coelho
The Following User Says Thank You to anonymouslyadd For This Useful Post:
stef (08-30-17)
Old 09-07-17, 10:45 PM
Moderator of all seasons

Humbling myself before my boss and accepting her admonishment and criticism.

~Paulo Coelho
Old 09-07-17, 10:53 PM
Moderator of all seasons

Being aware enough to realize the conflict between my presidents desires and my boss' beliefs.

~Paulo Coelho
Old 09-07-17, 11:03 PM
Moderator of all seasons

Finally letting myself not care what someone else thinks!!!!!!!

~Paulo Coelho
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to anonymouslyadd For This Useful Post:
finallyfound10 (09-11-17), Greyhound1 (09-08-17)
Old 09-26-17, 04:22 PM

Thanked 5,752 Times in 2,462 Posts
Hermus has a reputation beyond reputeHermus has a reputation beyond reputeHermus has a reputation beyond reputeHermus has a reputation beyond reputeHermus has a reputation beyond reputeHermus has a reputation beyond reputeHermus has a reputation beyond reputeHermus has a reputation beyond reputeHermus has a reputation beyond reputeHermus has a reputation beyond reputeHermus has a reputation beyond repute

I've graduated in political science today, with an A average!
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Hermus For This Useful Post:
anonymouslyadd (10-01-17), Fuzzy12 (09-26-17), Little Missy (09-26-17), stef (09-26-17)
Old 09-26-17, 04:53 PM

Thanked 30,265 Times in 13,944 Posts
Fuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermus View Post
I've graduated in political science today, with an A average!
Congrats and well done!!
The Following User Says Thank You to Fuzzy12 For This Useful Post:
anonymouslyadd (12-15-17)
Old 10-25-17, 01:13 AM

MickeMouseFan will become famous soon enough

2 months ago I graduated with a double degree in Engineering Science and Chinese from a top university.

My biggest success so far.
The Following User Says Thank You to MickeMouseFan For This Useful Post:
anonymouslyadd (12-15-17)
Old 12-15-17, 01:43 AM
Moderator of all seasons

Learning to defend myself.

~Paulo Coelho
Old 12-15-17, 01:50 AM

Thanked 11,265 Times in 5,503 Posts
daveddd has a reputation beyond reputedaveddd has a reputation beyond reputedaveddd has a reputation beyond reputedaveddd has a reputation beyond reputedaveddd has a reputation beyond reputedaveddd has a reputation beyond reputedaveddd has a reputation beyond reputedaveddd has a reputation beyond reputedaveddd has a reputation beyond reputedaveddd has a reputation beyond reputedaveddd has a reputation beyond repute

Check my credit today

750!
anonymouslyadd (12-15-17), psychopathetic (12-17-17)