ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > CO-EXISTING CONDITIONS > Chronic Fatigue Syndrome & Fibromyalgia
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Old 01-22-11, 04:11 PM

Microwench is on a distinguished road
Fibro Roll Call!

Hey Fibromites! Sound off! I want to hear from you! I am interested to see how many of us are here with both Fibro and ADD diagnosis.

Quick info about me:
I am 27, was diagnosed with Fibro about 6 years ago. My mama also has Fibro. I was diagnosed 2 months ago with AD/HD combined type.
I take 40mg Vyvanse for ADD, 10mg Prozac and 100mg Trazadone (at night for sleep) for the Fibro.

I am curious how many folks have both ADD and Fibro. There are many brain regions, funtions, and neurotransmitters in common with both conditions. It gets my researcher juices going!
Old 01-22-11, 04:54 PM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 25,730 Times in 12,007 Posts
Lunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Fibro Roll Call!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Microwench View Post
Hey Fibromites! Sound off! I want to hear from you! I am interested to see how many of us are here with both Fibro and ADD diagnosis.

Quick info about me:
I am 27, was diagnosed with Fibro about 6 years ago. My mama also has Fibro. I was diagnosed 2 months ago with AD/HD combined type.
I take 40mg Vyvanse for ADD, 10mg Prozac and 100mg Trazadone (at night for sleep) for the Fibro.

I am curious how many folks have both ADD and Fibro. There are many brain regions, funtions, and neurotransmitters in common with both conditions. It gets my researcher juices going!
Funny this - I'm tentatively dx with ADHD combined type by the family therapist but never got a dx for the fibromyalgia which started over 40 years ago. My daughter has been dx with FM but hasn't gotten a dx for her ADD. We both have many of the same symptoms and both clearly have both disorders. I figure at least one of my granddaughters will also develop FM as they get older, one has ADHD and the other has Autism.

As far as I know, there is nothing positive about ADHD that people can't have w out ADHD. ~ ADD me
Old 02-21-11, 10:36 AM

DennisH is on a distinguished road

16 years. Now I'm still trying to get adhd-pi meds
Sponsored Links
Old 04-08-11, 01:09 AM
Contributor

broK is on a distinguished road

im 51, just diagnosed last year w/fibro in addition to my ADD & depression:
cymbalta 90 mg, abilify 20 mg, metadate CD 30 mg, lyrica 300 mg
avinza 60 mg, plus a daily multivamin

Last edited by broK; 04-08-11 at 01:14 AM.. Reason: brainfart
Old 09-15-11, 09:06 AM
Contributor

Piper30 is a glorious beacon of lightPiper30 is a glorious beacon of lightPiper30 is a glorious beacon of lightPiper30 is a glorious beacon of lightPiper30 is a glorious beacon of light
Talking Re: Fibro Roll Call!

Quote:
Originally Posted by broK View Post
im 51, just diagnosed last year w/fibro in addition to my ADD & depression:
cymbalta 90 mg, abilify 20 mg, metadate CD 30 mg, lyrica 300 mg
avinza 60 mg, plus a daily multivamin
I am curious, due to some not so great side effects (severe swelling in my legs and feet to name one) my Dr switched me from Lyrica to Cymbalta. This is my third week and I'm still not so sure about this. Lyrics was a godsend in my opinion..i noticed your taking both. How is the combination working for you?

About me dx adhd:adderal 15mg 3x daily, 60mg Cymbalta, topamax 100mg (migraine prevention) hydrocodone 10/325 up to six times daily, extensive supplements, xanex .5mg up to 4x daily for muscle tightness

uhmm..err...I keep wondering what to put here but I forgot who I was replying to ..???
Old 03-06-12, 12:21 PM
Contributor

broK is on a distinguished road

i lost my job a while ago and had to give up my beloved lyrica. doc is giving me neurontin instead. im not sure the cymbalta is working for the pain, but it works for my depression
Old 05-21-12, 09:14 AM
ADDvanced Member

hjajck is on a distinguished road

I know this is an old thread, but I thought I'd jump in. Was diagnosed with FM in October 2011. Not currently on any meds for FM. Exercise has done wonders for me with regard to pain and stiffness.

Recently diagnosed with ADD. Taking 10mg Aderall.