ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > ADDF Lounge > Chit-Chat
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Old 02-03-14, 02:00 AM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 8,348 Times in 3,313 Posts
salleh has a reputation beyond reputesalleh has a reputation beyond reputesalleh has a reputation beyond reputesalleh has a reputation beyond reputesalleh has a reputation beyond reputesalleh has a reputation beyond reputesalleh has a reputation beyond reputesalleh has a reputation beyond reputesalleh has a reputation beyond reputesalleh has a reputation beyond reputesalleh has a reputation beyond repute
,,,Another Music History Story ......

....this is inspired by a show on CNN, "the 60s, the British Invasion"

..........Started with the Beatles ....they came to the US and play on the Ed Sullivan Show....and the kids went apesh** ....

,......their first big hit over here was of course, "I want to hold your hand "

.......they came out of a wild port town, Liverpool, working class, gritty and raw, but sailors bringing in music from all over the world ...but mostly from the US ....especially the so called "black music" from musicians who the middle class kids didn't even know existed .....and of course Elvis, the Everly Brothers, Jerry Lee Lewis,....and the British kids took that music and turned it into their own ....

...ackkk, they just showed the Beatles at the Hollywood Bowl on their first tour .....I was there, 3rd row, center, box seats ....one of the girls I rode to school with lived across the street from one on the KRLA disc jockeys .... 17,000 teenage girls ....they screamed so much I couldn't hear a thing....

......but there were a whole lotta other groups that made it big in the states ....Some of my favorites were

The Kinks
the Zombies
Gerry and the Pacemakers
The Yardbirds
Herman's Hermits

and here's why .....

it's 1965, and the Kinks came on Shindig .....and played "All of the Day and All of the NIght .....pretty racy for 1965....

and they moved onto serious social commentary, out of the love story songs

the Kinks ended up having a career in music that has spanned the decades, and they just keep getting better ....but in that ^ song....there's the raw talent shining through .....

.....the Zombies....another fabulous group.....

this song "She's Not There" ....a dark and mysterious song ....can you imagine riding in your old Chevy, driving around at night, with this song playing on your FM radio .....

ah the Yardbirds ......do the names Eric Clapton, Jimmie Page, Jeff Beck ring any bells for you ?? some serious talent moved in and out of that group.......

.....they were another of the dark groups......

Gerry and the Pacemakers were a group that always sounded a bit sad to me ....but I love this guys voice ....they were another Liverpool group ....

.....These are just a few of the British bands that blew our minds .....and there's more,.....later...I mean I am leaden eyed right now, but this show made me think .....I wonder how many of you have heard any of these songs ....some of the songs that woke my generation up to rock and roll....and these are some of the songs that started the music revolution that exploded for the next 6 to 8 years ....these songs are the raw wild youthful tunes that started real rock and roll, and started the youth revolution ....

....This isn't life in the fast lane, it's life in the oncoming traffic lane"
Terry Pratchett

....If you're going through hell, ......keep going.....

Last edited by Abi; 02-03-14 at 02:58 AM..
Old 02-03-14, 02:35 AM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 8,348 Times in 3,313 Posts
salleh has a reputation beyond reputesalleh has a reputation beyond reputesalleh has a reputation beyond reputesalleh has a reputation beyond reputesalleh has a reputation beyond reputesalleh has a reputation beyond reputesalleh has a reputation beyond reputesalleh has a reputation beyond reputesalleh has a reputation beyond reputesalleh has a reputation beyond reputesalleh has a reputation beyond repute
Re: ,,,Another Music History Story ......

....Can't go to bed without posting one of my top favs....the Spencer Davis Group ....with the amazing talent of Stevie Winwood.....all of about 16 years old here ....these are both live cuts ....not studio .....and that's Winwood on the organ ....I consider Winwood to be one of the top musicians of that era....and there were a LOT of talented musicianin thoe years ......distictive voice, magic hands on the organ and guitar ....he was this good at a time that most kids are worried about acne and if they can get up the courage to ask that girl out to the movies ....

....This is "I'm A Man"

...".Gimmie Some Loving"

....This isn't life in the fast lane, it's life in the oncoming traffic lane"
Terry Pratchett

....If you're going through hell, ......keep going.....

Last edited by Abi; 02-03-14 at 02:59 AM..
The Following User Says Thank You to salleh For This Useful Post:
stef (02-03-14)