ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > PARENTS OF CHILDREN WITH ADD/ADHD > General Parenting Issues
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

General Parenting Issues The purpose of this forum is to discuss general parenting issues related to children with AD/HD(ADD & ADHD)

Old 09-30-04, 04:16 PM

jordiemom is on a distinguished road
Smile Great to find people who understand

This forum is such a help. I have been struggling to find folks who understand how hard it can be to help and live with an ADHD child. He can be the sweetest most loving kid one minute and go into full meltdown the next. People, even close friends, tend to look at it as a discipline issue. Which can be so frustrating. I hardly seem to have anything in common with my other friends with kids as theirs always seem to be perfect when compared to my little guy. This can be really hurtful to us parents, when we get blamed for the outbursts that ADHD can cause due to frustration with the world.

Thanks for being here. Lots of good information here, from those who are going through it or have made it through.
Old 09-30-04, 08:01 PM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Nucking_Futs has a spectacular aura aboutNucking_Futs has a spectacular aura about
I have a standard reply for anyone who tries to tell me how to raise my kids anymore...it's harsh but I no longer tolerate other's telling me what I'm doing wrong with my kids when their own parenting methods are not perfect. No one is perfect and there is no such thing as the perfect kid nor the perfect parent.

I just smile and tell them "I'll raise my kids my way and you raise your kids your way and in 20 years we'll compare notes and see who was right"
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming, "WOW! What a ride!!"

Old 10-04-04, 05:18 PM
Jr Member

dawnseve is on a distinguished road
I'm new here and I have the same problem with other parents. I am so sick of hearing how their kids NEVER do THAT!!!! So glad I found this forum!

hugs, dawnseve
Sponsored Links
Old 10-05-04, 02:53 AM
Jr Member

atllady42 is on a distinguished road
Try 3sons, and more than likely their mother has ADHD. Boy you should have heard some of the things I impulsively blurted out to parents who have critized my kids..it wasn't a pretty sight!....LOL
Old 10-05-04, 06:37 AM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Nucking_Futs has a spectacular aura aboutNucking_Futs has a spectacular aura about
lol atllady I've been there and done that...the reason I came up with a standard reply that would put them in their place without being completly and totally cruel.

Welcome dawnseve glad to have you with us.
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming, "WOW! What a ride!!"