ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > TREATMENT & MANAGEMENT > Medications > Vyvanse
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Vyvanse (lisdexamfetamine dimesylate)

Old 03-14-09, 09:45 PM

elizabethc1 is on a distinguished road
Question Help... nothing seems to be working. A little long please read

Ok i am a newbie to this site. I have been lurking for a couple of months. Here is my story/ problem. I was diagnosed in high schooland took ritilan for a few months and hated it so i stopped. Fast Forward 3 years. I was half was through my freshman year of collage and I went back to my docote and was perscribes Concerta 36. It was a god sent i went from being a c student to graduation college with a 3.9 GPA. I was able to balance school, work and life(I was a single mom).... Fast forward 5 Years.. After having my second child i start my concerta again AND it DOESN'T WORK.... AAAHHHH this was not good i have a extrealy stressful job that require me to follow 17 bounceing balls, to do this i need to be orginized and motivated. I an a tv producer and i am suppost to producec 1 show a month(i do everything from start to finish..one woman band) well it took me 4 month do do ONE show. my doctor tried stratera it worked great helping me organize my thoughts, i was abile tomove from task to task but it didn't help me with my foucus. so then i tried attarall that helped me foucs but i was unorganized and could seem to move from one task to the next i would get in to super focus mode on thing that weren't important. I told the dr. and they now have me on VYVANSE. I like it but i still can't seem to get organized and move from task tp task like i could on the strattera. OK i know its a looooong post my question is does anyone combin strattera and Vyvanse?
Old 03-19-09, 12:04 PM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 4,969 Times in 2,474 Posts
novagal has a brilliant futurenovagal has a brilliant futurenovagal has a brilliant futurenovagal has a brilliant futurenovagal has a brilliant futurenovagal has a brilliant futurenovagal has a brilliant futurenovagal has a brilliant futurenovagal has a brilliant futurenovagal has a brilliant futurenovagal has a brilliant future
Re: Help... nothing seems to be working. A little long please read

I can hear that you're struggling and I wish I had more experience to offer you support, I've been fortunate in that the adderall has been really helpful to me and I've not had to try different meds.

That's interesting that some meds help you with focus and others help with organization. I'm not sure what you're options are, I'll be interested to hear what others say about this.

I hope you're able to find a solution!
Even if I didn't use it in the house?
- Bill Waterson (Calvin and Hobbes)

Last edited by EYEFORGOT; 03-19-09 at 12:10 PM.. Reason: fyi other posts removed