ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > CO-EXISTING CONDITIONS > Eating Disorders/Weight Issues/Body Image
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Old 07-03-18, 10:53 PM

Sdelzoppo is on a distinguished road
Vyvanse for ADHD helping with Binge Eating

Has anyone with ADHD got a major Binge eating problem? For the last 3 years i've suffered with sever binge eating where i eat so much I'm in excruciating pain and keep going. Almost like i have a death wish. I could eat myself to death. When i manage to finally stop and almost lose my breath and can barely walk myself to my bed I break down and cry from the uncontrollable episode that just took place. Since I was diagnosed with ADHD and take Vyvanse I could never binge (over eat yes) but binge no, while on the drug. In fact it has been so helpful that I now split the dose to cover me for the second half of day because when I no longer feel the drug active I go back to my normal self, agitated, stressed, want to eat my feelings and resist sleep and feel empty and horrible.

Has anyone got the same or similar issues? On vyvanse and reaping the benefits?
The Following User Says Thank You to Sdelzoppo For This Useful Post:
TheChemicals (07-03-18)
Old 07-03-18, 11:28 PM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 2,399 Times in 1,331 Posts
TheChemicals has disabled reputation
Re: Vyvanse for ADHD helping with Binge Eating

I dont overeat but vyvanse helped me lose 25lbs that i didnt need. I became underweight though and started taking it less. Adderral same effect
TygerSan (07-06-18)
Old 07-06-18, 04:37 AM

ryanolivas is on a distinguished road

Thanks for posting about this. I was also having the same question and hoping someone could give us a tip.
Sponsored Links
Old 07-06-18, 05:11 AM
Mod-A-holic

Thanked 32,280 Times in 14,940 Posts
sarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond repute

Vyvanse is approved for binge eating disorder.

I carried a watermelon?
Old 07-06-18, 08:47 AM
ADDvanced Contributor

CharlesH is a name known to allCharlesH is a name known to allCharlesH is a name known to allCharlesH is a name known to allCharlesH is a name known to allCharlesH is a name known to allCharlesH is a name known to all

I was relatively underweight, and I actually wanted to gain weight. Vyvanse was the worst stimulant (and I've tried many) for my appetite, for some reason.