ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > ADULTS AND ADD/ADHD > Adults with ADD > General ADD Talk
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Old 05-11-17, 12:46 AM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

kwalk is a glorious beacon of lightkwalk is a glorious beacon of lightkwalk is a glorious beacon of lightkwalk is a glorious beacon of lightkwalk is a glorious beacon of light
What do meds do for you? Especially if you've been on them for a really long time?

I have been taking medication since I was 15 and I am 28 now. I used to take adderall and concerta at different times in high school and I claimed about a year after taking them that they didn't work anymore. I take the same adderall now and just hope it gives me some energy. I was taking sandoz brand IR adderall for awhile and all of a sudden Walgreens wholesaler stopped getting it. I noticed on that brand that I felt more on the alert side and that I was faster. It's been a frustrating couple of months without it. I now have a new job as a seamstress, but I'm getting tired a lot and sometimes I feel really slow. I was just wondering others experiences and anything that helps them. Especially with a more demanding job.
“Sometimes you've got to let everything go - purge yourself. If you are unhappy with anything . . . whatever is bringing you down, get rid of it. Because you'll find that when you're free, your true creativity, your true self comes out.”
Old 05-16-17, 03:33 AM
Mod-A-holic

Thanked 27,759 Times in 12,452 Posts
sarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond repute
Re: What do meds do for you? Especially if you've been on them for a really long time

I have been on stimulants for over 13 years now and the biggest issue that seems stable for me is ability to focus on one thing at a time instead of everything at once. The other thing is my mood. Maybe its a combination of the bipolar with the adhd, but off stimulants my mood really suffers. I am not talking about euphoria, but overall general mood stability.

I carried a watermelon?

I've always been one of a kind. It just hasnt always been positive.
The Following User Says Thank You to sarahsweets For This Useful Post:
kwalk (05-17-17)