ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > SCIENTIFIC DISCUSSIONS, RESEARCH, NEWS AND EVENTS > Scientific, Philosophical & Theoretical Discussions > Scientific Discussion
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Scientific Discussion This forum is limited to published/presented scientific research, in a quasi-academic format, with references where appropriate; clear and structured discourse is encouraged

Old 01-05-19, 06:08 AM
Committee Member

Emre22 is a name known to allEmre22 is a name known to allEmre22 is a name known to allEmre22 is a name known to allEmre22 is a name known to allEmre22 is a name known to all
A new type of/generation medicines are probably coming soon

I am not sure that can i share some articles or text directly here in forum. So i will keep writing without quoting or sharing text/article.

I have been on some sites and wikipedia , i was searching about new substances under trial, test etc.

SNDRIs probably will come out soon. I saw that many medicine companies are working on them. Outcomes or goals are very promising , it seems like they can be used on various disorders like ADHD,Major Depression,Obesite etc.

For example , sertraline(lustral) is a SSRI but also a weak Dopamine reuptake inhibitor , i saw that pharma company is working on tamatraline(or something like that) which has stronger Dopamine Reuptake Inhibitor profile

The biggest question that must be asked , Serotonin-Dopamine-Norephinephrine reuptake inhibition simply sounds like or lets say from a patient view(my own view)
can boost mood or slim down symptoms of various disorders

I guess they will be categorized by reuptake inhibition ratios

For example Serotonin-Norephinephrine-Dopamine
Lets say 1:5:15 , can be considered as anti-depressant maybe
Or
3:8:5
Can treat ADHD and co-morbid GA,SA

etc.

ofc all of these estimations are based on my poor knowledge about pharmacodynamics

I think that sooner or later SNDRIs will replace most of medicines that we know

Only problem about abusing in my opinion , half-life and onset action of these medicines

For example, you can't see any substance inhibits dopamine reuptake which has long half life elimination profile like 2 days or 36 hours

What do i mean by that? When u get prescribed SSRI , doctors always tell that feeling theuropathic effects may take 2 weeks at least
But there isn't any dopamine reuptake inhibitor which takes to feel theuropathic effects

So abusing problem with dopamine reuptake inhibitors are mostly about onset action and their half-life

Maybe SNDRIs can overcome this problem too
The Following User Says Thank You to Emre22 For This Useful Post:
Greyhound1 (01-05-19)
Old 01-05-19, 06:13 AM
Committee Member

Emre22 is a name known to allEmre22 is a name known to allEmre22 is a name known to allEmre22 is a name known to allEmre22 is a name known to allEmre22 is a name known to all
Re: A new type of/generation medicines are probably coming soon

From wikipedia

Dasotraline (INN;[1] former developmental code name SEP-225,289) is a serotonin-norepinephrine-dopamine reuptake inhibitor (SNDRI) that is under development by Sunovion for clinical use.[2][3][4][5] In 2017, the U.S. Food and Drug Administration accepted Sunovion's New Drug Application for review for the treatment of ADHD;[6] the NDA for dasotraline is expected to be decided by the end of August 2018.[7] The drug is no longer being developed for major depressive disorder (MDD), but is still under investigation for the treatment of attention-deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) and eating disorders.[8][9] Structurally, dasotraline is a stereoisomer of desmethylsertraline, which is an active metabolite of the marketed selective serotonin reuptake inhibitor (SSRI) antidepressant sertraline (Zoloft) and an SNDRI similarly.

(Note to moderator: I am not sure that sharing this violates forum rules or not)
The Following User Says Thank You to Emre22 For This Useful Post:
Greyhound1 (01-05-19)