ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > ADULTS AND ADD/ADHD > Adults with ADD > General ADD Talk
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Old 01-27-12, 06:53 PM
Jr Member

h.gal.123 is on a distinguished road
Pressure feelings in the sides of the head

hi all ,

I just wonder if those feeling (from your experience) can be related with my ADHD (or its something else):

I am sometimes feel uncomfortable feeling in my head , starting from the morning.
Its really hard to explain : its kind of low pressure in the sides of the head . I can feel the pulses in the sides and maybe all over the head.
The head is feel tight (mostly in the sides) , like tense muscle that needs a massage.

I have those feelings for 2 years (I am 25 now) and I went to some doctors without any significant solution [ignore the bad english please ]

I am not sure (because it has no rules) but:
* In the evening-night I am getting better.
* When I am around a lot of people, its getting worse... like the head wants to explode.
* Sometimes , When I drink enery drinks , its getting better for one hour.

I would be happy for some advices...
thanks
Old 01-27-12, 07:10 PM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 7,909 Times in 4,072 Posts
fracturedstory has a reputation beyond reputefracturedstory has a reputation beyond reputefracturedstory has a reputation beyond reputefracturedstory has a reputation beyond reputefracturedstory has a reputation beyond reputefracturedstory has a reputation beyond reputefracturedstory has a reputation beyond reputefracturedstory has a reputation beyond reputefracturedstory has a reputation beyond reputefracturedstory has a reputation beyond reputefracturedstory has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Pressure feelings in the sides of the head

Withdrawal from energy drinks?

Just kidding. I get it too and I usually put it down to migraines and or seizure activity.
If it gets worse around people maybe it is a sensory/stress thing.

There is a completely harmless condition where you feel tingling from your peripheral nervous system.

I wouldn't say it is ADHD, mine triggered after I developed seizures/migraines and I became more hypersensitive to sensory stimuli so it could just be that.

If you don't get any other symptoms that feel worse than it I wouldn't worry.
Old 01-28-12, 08:14 AM

SourceV is on a distinguished road

I think it has nothing to do with ADHD, as well.

If it gets worse, go to a doctor.
Sponsored Links
Old 01-28-12, 01:13 PM
ADDvanced Contributor

cameron90 is a glorious beacon of lightcameron90 is a glorious beacon of lightcameron90 is a glorious beacon of lightcameron90 is a glorious beacon of lightcameron90 is a glorious beacon of lightcameron90 is a glorious beacon of light

Sounds like chronic stress. Are you under a lot of stress from school/work/life?
Old 01-28-12, 01:59 PM
Jr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cameron90 View Post
Sounds like chronic stress. Are you under a lot of stress from school/work/life?
There is some kind of stress... but not something special.
And although it can increase those feelings- I dont think that stress is the main problem.

I notice that when I am working hard with the head (reading articles , being with a lot of people etc..) those feeling getting worse.
And because I think that ADHD may be responsible for the fact that the head is working hard on simple tasks - I came with the strange idea that the ADHD also lead to the pressure feelings.
There are some researches on the connection between ADHD and "tension headache", so the strange idea is not so strange after all.

What do you think?
Old 01-28-12, 02:13 PM
ADDvanced Contributor

cameron90 is a glorious beacon of lightcameron90 is a glorious beacon of lightcameron90 is a glorious beacon of lightcameron90 is a glorious beacon of lightcameron90 is a glorious beacon of lightcameron90 is a glorious beacon of light

Tension headaches are a result of stress/anxiety/frustation that often comes with untreated ADHD. So, if you are having difficulties with simple tasks and/or more difficult ones, it could be a result of that. ADHD can make seemingly simple tasks much more strenuous and thus lead to headaches or such feelings of pressure within your head.
The Following User Says Thank You to cameron90 For This Useful Post:
markadd (01-29-12)
Old 01-28-12, 09:13 PM

Thanked 7,909 Times in 4,072 Posts
fracturedstory has a reputation beyond reputefracturedstory has a reputation beyond reputefracturedstory has a reputation beyond reputefracturedstory has a reputation beyond reputefracturedstory has a reputation beyond reputefracturedstory has a reputation beyond reputefracturedstory has a reputation beyond reputefracturedstory has a reputation beyond reputefracturedstory has a reputation beyond reputefracturedstory has a reputation beyond reputefracturedstory has a reputation beyond repute

Could be stress or you could be increasing in light sensitivity. The reading thing made me come to that conclusion. But it's probably just stress. Gosh I wish I could remember the days when stress didn't feel like a drill going through the side of my head.
Old 01-29-12, 04:36 PM

icheficook is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by cameron90 View Post
Tension headaches are a result of stress/anxiety/frustation that often comes with untreated ADHD. So, if you are having difficulties with simple tasks and/or more difficult ones, it could be a result of that. ADHD can make seemingly simple tasks much more strenuous and thus lead to headaches or such feelings of pressure within your head.
Agreed, I have high levels of stress and anxiety and firmly believe this is a common marker that you are stressed.

What HELPS me when the pain in this area gets worse than usual is taking 10 minutes to just lie down, take deep, slow breaths from my stomach, and relax as much as possible. Also, Focusing on the positive throughout the day helps me prevent this kind of pain from occurring. So keep your chin up (literally and figuratively) and don't let it get to you!

"Remember, life is a journey, not a destination." - Bruce Lee
Old 01-29-12, 05:10 PM
Jr Member

thank you for the advices
I will read about stress to check it out.
Old 01-29-12, 05:24 PM

Thanked 1,476 Times in 780 Posts
tipoo has a brilliant futuretipoo has a brilliant futuretipoo has a brilliant futuretipoo has a brilliant futuretipoo has a brilliant futuretipoo has a brilliant futuretipoo has a brilliant futuretipoo has a brilliant futuretipoo has a brilliant futuretipoo has a brilliant futuretipoo has a brilliant future

Do you wear glasses? If not have you recently had your vision checked? That kind of pressure can mean you need glasses or contacts soon. Does it kind of feel like its behind your eyes? Could mean they are straining too hard.