ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > TREATMENT & MANAGEMENT > Medications > General Medication Discussion
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

General Medication Discussion This section is to be used for general medication discussion and other medications not broken out in their own respective forums.

Old 08-08-17, 09:40 AM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 6,145 Times in 2,807 Posts
Stevuke79 has a reputation beyond reputeStevuke79 has a reputation beyond reputeStevuke79 has a reputation beyond reputeStevuke79 has a reputation beyond reputeStevuke79 has a reputation beyond reputeStevuke79 has a reputation beyond reputeStevuke79 has a reputation beyond reputeStevuke79 has a reputation beyond reputeStevuke79 has a reputation beyond reputeStevuke79 has a reputation beyond reputeStevuke79 has a reputation beyond repute
Anyone trying MyDayIs?

Has anyone tried MyDayIs? Im starting it this week.

Its a new drug by shire thats currently in their "go early program". It's supposed to be one pill that lasts for 12 hours. (Of it actually lasts for 8 that would be fantastic.) It works with those varying size beads... and it has one final size bead that's supposed to keep it going for 12 hours.

I'm currently on XR/IR. I'm putting this in the afterall subthread because it's basically another levo/dextro amphetamine mixture.

This planet is now property of the Sontaran Empire. Surrender your women and intellectuals. -Commander Strax
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Stevuke79 For This Useful Post:
Lash107 (02-05-18), namazu (08-08-17), pcbnative (07-21-18), psychopathetic (02-03-18)
Old 08-08-17, 09:51 AM

Thanked 22,752 Times in 12,224 Posts
Little Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Anyone trying MyDayIs?

Never heard of it until now. It says for 13 and younger, so given our 30% behind factor, anything ought to be good!

Can't wait to hear what you think of it.

And in the end, the love you take; is equal to the love you make...Beatles Abbey Road 1969
The Following User Says Thank You to Little Missy For This Useful Post:
Stevuke79 (08-09-17)
Old 08-08-17, 11:12 AM

Stevuke79 has a reputation beyond reputeStevuke79 has a reputation beyond reputeStevuke79 has a reputation beyond reputeStevuke79 has a reputation beyond reputeStevuke79 has a reputation beyond reputeStevuke79 has a reputation beyond reputeStevuke79 has a reputation beyond reputeStevuke79 has a reputation beyond reputeStevuke79 has a reputation beyond reputeStevuke79 has a reputation beyond reputeStevuke79 has a reputation beyond repute

LOL.. it could be. The medication guide I got said it was 13 and older. Again,.. this is not my subject so I may be misunderstanding.

Seriously, .. if one pill lasts 9 hours (it SAYS 12),.. I think I'm in love.

This planet is now property of the Sontaran Empire. Surrender your women and intellectuals. -Commander Strax
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Stevuke79 For This Useful Post:
Lash107 (02-05-18), Little Missy (08-08-17), Lunacie (08-08-17), pcbnative (07-21-18), Roxx1980 (12-24-17)
Sponsored Links
Old 08-08-17, 11:27 AM

Thanked 14,987 Times in 6,694 Posts
aeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond repute

What is the chemical makeup and what is the dosage?

Thanks,
Ian
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to aeon For This Useful Post:
Little Missy (08-08-17), namazu (08-08-17), Stevuke79 (08-08-17)
Old 08-08-17, 12:36 PM

Little Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by aeon View Post
What is the chemical makeup and what is the dosage?

Thanks,
Ian
I'd say google it but since I did and it said for 13 and under

I may have read it too fast

And in the end, the love you take; is equal to the love you make...Beatles Abbey Road 1969
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Little Missy For This Useful Post:
aeon (08-08-17), Stevuke79 (08-08-17)
Old 08-08-17, 01:59 PM
Contrapunctual Moderator

Thanked 21,653 Times in 10,924 Posts
namazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond repute

Here's the DailyMed page for Mydayis.

My psychologist (who works with my psychiatrist) mentioned it last time when I was discussing my current medication not working well. I suspect that Shire has been marketing it heavily.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to namazu For This Useful Post:
aeon (08-08-17), Little Missy (08-08-17), someothertime (08-08-17), Stevuke79 (08-08-17)
Old 08-08-17, 02:44 PM

aeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond repute

So, it looks to be Adderall with a new delivery mechanism.

Figures, given patent expiry timelines.

Cheers,
Ian
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to aeon For This Useful Post:
Little Missy (08-08-17), namazu (08-08-17), Stevuke79 (08-08-17)
Old 08-08-17, 02:51 PM
Contrapunctual Moderator

Thanked 21,653 Times in 10,924 Posts
namazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond repute

Steve, best wishes with the new med, and please report back and let us know your experience with it!

Anecdotally, on the forum (and in my personal experience), it seems rare that people get the advertised duration of therapeutic action with any of the extended-release stimulant meds. (I'm sure there are exceptions, and I know there are also some people who get insomnia for hours beyond when the stimulants are supposed to wear off and wouldn't want something that sticks around longer.)

It would be great if they've figured out a way to deliver the med that truly works for a full 12 hours. I'll believe it when I see it (or at least, when credible people report it)!
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to namazu For This Useful Post:
aeon (08-08-17), Lash107 (02-05-18), Little Missy (08-08-17), Stevuke79 (08-08-17)
Old 08-08-17, 03:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by namazu View Post
It would be great if they've figured out a way to deliver the med that truly works for a full 12 hours. I'll believe it when I see it (or at least, when credible people report it)!
They could, but I am jaded enough to think they will always create a “new and improved” that just misses the mark, so as to leave an opportunity for the next patent, marketing, and profit, dog-and-pony show.

Then again, there might also be issues with creating a once-a-day pill that lasts that long because the single pill would likely range from 30mg to 120mg, factors depending, and the FDA will have something to say about that.

Not to mention it will cost major coin if and when it rolls out, so as to satisfy those with Shire stock.

Cheers,
Ian
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to aeon For This Useful Post:
namazu (08-08-17), Stevuke79 (08-08-17)
Old 08-08-17, 04:11 PM

where IS Steve? Burning daylight!

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Little Missy For This Useful Post:
aeon (08-08-17), someothertime (08-08-17), Stevuke79 (08-08-17)
Old 08-08-17, 09:45 PM

Hi guys... I can post the medication guide...

[Moderator note: Linked website was full of ads and has been removed. Please see link above.]

Last edited by namazu; 08-09-17 at 08:17 AM.. Reason: removed commercial link
Old 08-09-17, 12:45 AM

Thanked 1,611 Times in 886 Posts
finallyfound10 has a reputation beyond reputefinallyfound10 has a reputation beyond reputefinallyfound10 has a reputation beyond reputefinallyfound10 has a reputation beyond reputefinallyfound10 has a reputation beyond reputefinallyfound10 has a reputation beyond reputefinallyfound10 has a reputation beyond reputefinallyfound10 has a reputation beyond reputefinallyfound10 has a reputation beyond reputefinallyfound10 has a reputation beyond reputefinallyfound10 has a reputation beyond repute

I haven't heard of it but I am interested in reading more about it.

Good to see you Steve, I was wondering where you had gone!
Shame derives it's power from being unspeakable.
Shame corrodes the very part of us that believes we are capable of change.
Shame cannot survive being spoken. It can't survive empathy.

The Following User Says Thank You to finallyfound10 For This Useful Post:
Stevuke79 (08-09-17)
Old 08-09-17, 09:11 AM

Got it,... i see my link had some problems but the information is easy enough to find.

Good to see you too finallyfound!

Old 08-09-17, 09:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevuke79 View Post
Got it,... i see my link had some problems but the information is easy enough to find.

Good to see you too finallyfound!
Have you tried it yet??

Old 08-09-17, 09:40 AM

Nope, .. I suspect it will be in by tomorrow or Friday,.. but who knows. (they said today or Thursday,.. and they're actually usually early,.. but it's a new drug.)

Having read a bit more, it's the exact same mix as Adderall,.. it's just a different distribution of beads than adderall XR.. I'm on 30-40mg of XR/IR.. so I'm not sure how this will do me any better.

But why not try it?

And at the very least, I will be getting my medication for $15/year for at least 12 years.. so if it's even similar I will be saving money.
(that's the deal they are giving to all of us pre-market guinea pigs, lol.. $3 first script,.. $15/year during the trial,.. then when the trial ends, $15/year for 12 years. I guess in case it takes time for insurance to cover it.)

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Stevuke79 For This Useful Post:
aeon (08-09-17), Lash107 (02-05-18), Little Missy (08-09-17)