ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > ADULTS AND ADD/ADHD > Adults with ADD > General ADD Talk
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Old 08-06-20, 10:09 PM
ADDvanced Member

Drogheda98 has a spectacular aura aboutDrogheda98 has a spectacular aura about
could someone help me square this thought.

a bit ago, I had flash of insight, during some intense self reflection and something popped up from the depths

yesterday I typed something like "when the self is found the ego reconstitutes itself with the integration of the unconscious (what frued would call the ID) and thats what happened, I figured out something major about myself. and I'm trying to integrate that realization into fair play cause I've never lost the capacity for "play" or the notion of "fair".

I've probably for to long been to unfair to myself, the concept of fierceness came to mind (passion with molded resolve tempered with creative expression resolve in all things with regards to myself).. cause lately there has been a certain presence, I've noticed about myself and the things I do, and sense I have direction, I really need help incorporating that fierceness without abandoning the energy for myself however, at the same time, lets say I make a video of myself playing guitar, or this next semester at college, I want to use that capacity of tempered fierceness in regards to fairness to others and in regards for fairness for myself with humbleness in mind

the reason is, that fierceness is what I've been missing as an emotional state of doing, and when I'm in that frame of mind I do things so much easier with a kind of molded intensity.

ya self reflection, however, this is the question, what is the best way to mold all that into my own internal framework of self with the spirit of fair play and if I want to manaphest certain aspects of superego functionality in this way I need to incooperate that part of myself properly, which is why I'm asking for help. cause I put the concept of perfection long ago to nobody.
The Following User Says Thank You to Drogheda98 For This Useful Post:
namazu (08-06-20)
Old 08-06-20, 11:14 PM
Contrapunctual Moderator

Thanked 22,027 Times in 11,108 Posts
namazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond repute
Re: could someone help me square this thought.

Am I understanding correctly that you want to incorporate the kind of intensity/passion you bring to creative pursuits into your interactions with others (and the way you treat yourself) so that you act in ways that are intensely fair and kind to both others and to yourself?

If so, I think it can be hard to decide to be passionate about something. Or maybe it's easy to decide, on a cognitive level, to be passionate, but it can be hard to actually muster the passion if that degree of emotion doesn't arise naturally. (But maybe it could work as a "fake it till you make it" kind of thing, if you keep reminding yourself that you have a lot of drive within you, and you're resolved to apply it to your interpersonal and intrapersonal interactions. ?)

On the other hand, I don't think people necessarily exhaust their passion/intensity -- the fact that you are driven to create, for example, doesn't mean you're going to deplete/exhaust your passion for other things, necessarily. Your time, sure -- that's finite. But passion/drive/intensity doesn't have to be. I know many people who are passionate about creative endeavors but also passionate and thoughtful about the way they treat others or work in their communities, and/or passionate about self-care and self-acceptance in challenging circumstances.

In what ways or in what settings would you like to see yourself be fair(er) to others and to yourself, or to advocate for fair treatment, and/or to exhibit humility?

Last edited by namazu; 08-06-20 at 11:33 PM..
Old 08-07-20, 02:00 AM
ADDvanced Member

let me sleep on it, I just did a lot of self reflecting namazu and those self reflections usually stick along with some flashbulbs memory's. just trying to find new balance here.(well not the screen here in my body here heh)
The Following User Says Thank You to Drogheda98 For This Useful Post:
namazu (08-07-20)
Sponsored Links
Old 08-07-20, 07:46 PM
ADDvanced Member

ok namazu or whoever else might be reading what, I want to try, for lack of a better word, manafesting my super ego(and old word based through therapy) none of you have to do what I'm suggesting and this test of sorts, is based on what I consider parts of my personality.

if you nam, or anybody else want to start a garden, the first thing you need is soil, a good place to get said soil is either at home depot, wallmart or any other place that is local in your area. usually seeds are at those places as well.

I'm pretty positive none of what I said was a projection up there. I based the test via the knowledge I retained that others have a reflexive ego as well

I have more to type but have to do something.
Old 08-07-20, 08:07 PM
ADDvanced Member

I need to ask some question, lets say I made a video of said gardening , and lets say I was showing others through the video how to, plant tomato plants.

while I would be the one doing the action, would I convey the action in super ego statements to others. the reason I ask is because I have seen such video's myself and the other (this was through youtube), they where saying what they where doing in ego statments, and I didn't want to self reflect off their ego statements so I just watched what they where doing and learned from their actions.

however in other videos, the person on youtube would be doing the action but conveying what they where doing with super ego statements.
Old 08-07-20, 11:11 PM
ADDvanced Member

also I will differentiate when to use the fierce free will energy and when not in my own life, and for the next week or so cause that's when college starts back up, probably reflect on my entire life extracting more values and purpose, cause I know the more I self reflect the less ego statments I make and the more I can just participate in the exchange of idea's. the flashbulb memory was, a new phenomenon here.

I will also attempt to control it (the unconciouss).