ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > ADDF Lounge > Chit-Chat
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Old 09-14-20, 07:44 PM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 2,869 Times in 1,413 Posts
BouCoupDinkyDau has a reputation beyond reputeBouCoupDinkyDau has a reputation beyond reputeBouCoupDinkyDau has a reputation beyond reputeBouCoupDinkyDau has a reputation beyond reputeBouCoupDinkyDau has a reputation beyond reputeBouCoupDinkyDau has a reputation beyond reputeBouCoupDinkyDau has a reputation beyond reputeBouCoupDinkyDau has a reputation beyond reputeBouCoupDinkyDau has a reputation beyond reputeBouCoupDinkyDau has a reputation beyond reputeBouCoupDinkyDau has a reputation beyond repute
Re: The what's bothering you RIGHT NOW thread Part VI

Quote:
Originally Posted by stef View Post
It's been a strange few weeks, I was prescribed Xanax 6 weeks ago, trying to nail down the right dosage. all the quarantine and everything going on, my anxiety levels were just out of control.

I somehow feel ashamed of this; I'm totally ok with the ADHD diagnosis but I feel "weak" because I actually need meds for anxiety
My anxiety has been through the roof as well. So bad that for the first time in my life I'm breaking out with psoriasis, which just makes my depression worse as that's just one more thing my mental health has done to my body.

I'm sorry it makes you feel weak. I can relate. Having parts of our mind that our out of our control feels unfair. At least it always has to me.
Greyhound1 (09-17-20), namazu (09-14-20), stef (09-15-20), TheDreamer (09-17-20)
Old 09-16-20, 11:33 PM

Thanked 4,482 Times in 2,258 Posts
acdc01 has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by BouCoupDinkyDau View Post
My anxiety has been through the roof as well. So bad that for the first time in my life I'm breaking out with psoriasis, which just makes my depression worse as that's just one more thing my mental health has done to my body.

I'm sorry it makes you feel weak. I can relate. Having parts of our mind that our out of our control feels unfair. At least it always has to me.
I'm an avoider so instead of getting anxiety stressing over whatever is concerning at the moment I start procrastinating everything important in favor of doing things that take my mind off concerning things.

My procrastination is through the roof right now. I have a tenant moving in tomorrow at 10 am and I will be waking up at 5 am tomorrow just to finish the repairs I should already have done. I'm actually not going to finish some things in time which is a new low for me cause I used to finish things right when the bell rang.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to acdc01 For This Useful Post:
BouCoupDinkyDau (09-17-20), Greyhound1 (09-17-20), Lunacie (09-17-20), namazu (09-16-20), stef (09-17-20), TheDreamer (09-17-20)
Old 09-17-20, 05:20 AM
Furiendly Mrraowderator

Thanked 24,306 Times in 14,342 Posts
midnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond repute

Without getting political: whats bothering me now is there is talk of another local lockdown. 10 pm curfew as though the Covid19 only comes out at night.
Ebony (1st January 2014 - 2nd March 2018)
Tigger (31st October 2014 - current)
Willow (3rd November 2018 - current)
"No human should ever hurt an animal" Jessie, Animal Farm

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to midnightstar For This Useful Post:
Greyhound1 (09-17-20), namazu (09-17-20), stef (09-17-20)
Sponsored Links
Old 09-17-20, 06:01 PM
Minecraft Mod-rater

Thanked 1,762 Times in 873 Posts
TurtleBrain is a name known to allTurtleBrain is a name known to allTurtleBrain is a name known to allTurtleBrain is a name known to allTurtleBrain is a name known to allTurtleBrain is a name known to allTurtleBrain is a name known to all

So my laptop died and I ordered a new one on ebay,
but the delivery date is set for next month
namazu (09-17-20), stef (09-17-20)
Old 09-17-20, 07:35 PM
Mind Racing Moderator

Thanked 17,347 Times in 8,175 Posts
Greyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by stef View Post
It's been a strange few weeks, I was prescribed Xanax 6 weeks ago, trying to nail down the right dosage. all the quarantine and everything going on, my anxiety levels were just out of control.

I somehow feel ashamed of this; I'm totally ok with the ADHD diagnosis but I feel "weak" because I actually need meds for anxiety
Anxiety is nothing to be ashamed of. Everyone experiences it at times. We just happen to experience more than our fair share. Anxiety is what makes me feel weak and tired. Xanax just gives me the strength to overcome it. Sorry to hear you are having anxiety issues. Not fun nor a sign of weakness!
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Greyhound1 For This Useful Post:
Lunacie (09-18-20), namazu (09-17-20), stef (09-19-20)
Old 09-18-20, 01:15 PM
Contributor

Vector is a glorious beacon of lightVector is a glorious beacon of lightVector is a glorious beacon of lightVector is a glorious beacon of lightVector is a glorious beacon of light

Terrible those forrest fires in the West of the U.S. Not only for the humans who live there, but also for the animals who life in the woods. Why doesn't the fire fighting deparment, especially in fire sensitive regions, have more resources at there disposal? Why isn't there a better detection system? Why aren't there more prevention measures taken?
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Vector For This Useful Post:
acdc01 (09-18-20), Lunacie (09-18-20), midnightstar (09-18-20), namazu (09-18-20), stef (09-19-20)
Old 09-18-20, 01:21 PM

Thanked 27,830 Times in 12,926 Posts
Lunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vector View Post
Terrible those forrest fires in the West of the U.S. Not only for the humans who live there, but also for the animals who life in the woods. Why doesn't the fire fighting deparment, especially in fire sensitive regions, have more resources at there disposal? Why isn't there a better detection system? Why aren't there more prevention measures taken?
I'd explain but it involves politics and that topic is banned on this forum.

As far as I know, there is nothing positive about ADHD that people can't have w out ADHD. ~ ADD me
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Lunacie For This Useful Post:
acdc01 (09-18-20), stef (09-19-20), Vector (09-18-20)
Old 09-18-20, 10:07 PM

I’ve had a tough day. I made a poor choice. Tenant was impacted. Tenant probably is a bit nervous on me now. Hope there wasn’t financial impacts.

Not only this but my sister is pressuring me to get a property manager now. I actually have a property manager for all my properties except this one already. They actually brought me more liability and costs than I’ve brought to myself. So I don’t want to.

Sister is mad at me at the moment for another reason too unrelated to the poor choice I made.. We have this habit of helping each other out with stuff. Issue is, she knows I will procrastinate and she doesn’t trust I will get in done. So instead of taking the risk, she volunteers to do it and I let her cause I don’t want to do it. Then she gets mad that she’s bitten off so much work and resents me for always procrastinating. It’s a cycle we should stop but don’t.
BouCoupDinkyDau (09-20-20), Lunacie (09-19-20), midnightstar (09-19-20), namazu (09-18-20), stef (09-19-20), TheDreamer (09-21-20)
Old 09-19-20, 07:28 AM
Minecraft Mod-rater

Thanked 1,762 Times in 873 Posts
TurtleBrain is a name known to allTurtleBrain is a name known to allTurtleBrain is a name known to allTurtleBrain is a name known to allTurtleBrain is a name known to allTurtleBrain is a name known to allTurtleBrain is a name known to all

I tried installing a free video editor only to find out my laptop didnít meet the system requirements.. what a waste of my time
Lunacie (09-19-20), namazu (09-19-20)
Old 09-19-20, 12:05 PM

Thanked 27,830 Times in 12,926 Posts
Lunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond repute

Vertigo! Crazy dizzy.

Sneezing every other minute. Nose and eyes running.

Just shoot me now.

As far as I know, there is nothing positive about ADHD that people can't have w out ADHD. ~ ADD me
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Lunacie For This Useful Post:
acdc01 (09-21-20), BouCoupDinkyDau (09-20-20), Greyhound1 (09-20-20), midnightstar (09-19-20), namazu (09-19-20)
Old 09-19-20, 12:31 PM
Furiendly Mrraowderator

Thanked 24,306 Times in 14,342 Posts
midnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lunacie View Post
Vertigo! Crazy dizzy.

Sneezing every other minute. Nose and eyes running.

Just shoot me now.

Hugs for Funacie, hope you feel better soon
Ebony (1st January 2014 - 2nd March 2018)
Tigger (31st October 2014 - current)
Willow (3rd November 2018 - current)
"No human should ever hurt an animal" Jessie, Animal Farm

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to midnightstar For This Useful Post:
acdc01 (09-21-20), BouCoupDinkyDau (09-20-20), Lunacie (09-19-20), namazu (09-19-20)
Old 09-21-20, 07:45 PM

The drs finally ran some tests on my sister even though itís been forever since she was showing signs of permanent damage from covid.

Turns out her arteries close to her kidneys have hardened. They are going to try meds to fix this ( not sure if itís temp or permanent meds). If that doesnít work, they need to install a stent. Concerned cause my sister said the dr. Sounded urgent.

And yet they still havenít checked her heart which frankly can also be contributing to the problem as it too is part of the circulatory system. I hate kaiser.

I compared the amount of blood work testing my cat got every year to the amount a human does at kaiser. And I can tell you my cat got obscenely more preventative tests than an actual human. I think itís cause the more testing my cat gets, the more profit there is while itís just the reverse for human patients at kaiser. Money drives so many things even when it shouldnít.
Greyhound1 (09-21-20), Lunacie (09-21-20), midnightstar (09-22-20), namazu (09-21-20), stef (09-22-20), TheDreamer (09-23-20)