ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > PARENTS OF CHILDREN WITH ADD/ADHD > General Parenting Issues
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

General Parenting Issues The purpose of this forum is to discuss general parenting issues related to children with AD/HD(ADD & ADHD)

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-12-17, 08:10 PM

amc92 is on a distinguished road
Anger Triggers

Newbie to ADHD here. My son (7) has been recently diagnosed.

Currently I'm putting things in place to further help my son but I am really struggling with a certain anger trigger.

He can go from 0-60 in a matter of seconds BUT I somewhat feel like his anger/frustration is justified this time. I have a Step Son who is 6 and he and my son get on ok, but he acts like he knows everything and if you have done something/have something, he has done it better or more or his things are better etc. This is his attitude constantly with my son and he is always telling him he is wrong when my son know he's right.

I mean if someone was like this constantly with me I know exactly how I would feel.

My question is what's the best way to deal with it? My partner hasn't quite come to terms with the diagnosis and has never really been consistently supportive of my son's need and loses his patience. He also doesn't address his own son's attitude. This boy is spoiled at home by his mother so that she doesn't have to deal with his behaviour, he sits on an Xbox 24/7 and just barks demands from his bedroom, she also tells him I'm not his step parent and to not listen to me and just to his dad. Therefore there is a lot of 'welly dad said..' rather than listening to me.

I am starting to feel quite resentful towards this little boy and how manipulative the situation is coming and I feel terrible about that but I also have my son to think about.

Sorry for rambling. I'm open to any suggestions.