ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > ADULTS AND ADD/ADHD > Adult Diagnosis & Treatment
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Adult Diagnosis & Treatment This forum is for the discussion of issues related to the diagnosis of AD/HD

Old 08-07-18, 11:36 PM

Madrax is on a distinguished road
So I've tried so much nonsense

I was first diagnosed as a child aged 6 and took Ritalin up until 14, where I quit due to social stigma.
Within 6 months I was getting high flunked school and right up to now 31 years of age I've had issues with drugs, failed relationships and work.
The only thing I'm notable good at is fatherhood and just as well, since a string of relationships has left me with 7 children.

They have tried me on all "alternative forms" of treatment. I've been diagnosed as an adult by 3 separate psychiatrists. The last being really frustrated at our state governments hostility towards prescribing stimulants compared to the rest of our country when it comes to people with drug abuse history...

I'm currently taking strattera, which is just crap in a pill once again, like all others...

I'm now looking at launching a lawsuit against my state government or particularly the one old ******* that keeps knocking back peoples applications.
I wonder at what point I can get my state government to take/acknowledge some level of responsibility for their withholding of essential medicines I need to at least bloody function within the world.
If you cross over to another state, you can get these meds within 3 months of soberness.
This state is like 10 years.

And old Straterra does is make me emotional and miserable. So I call BS on any actual decent potential for this drug, but who would expect a 5-19 hour half-life drug that takes 4-6 weeks to work, to actually work.
I mean the half-life alone points to a 3 day window of making the drug work in ones system. Even a 72 hour half-life drug should work within 2 weeks.
Place-bo at best.
Old 08-09-18, 06:01 PM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 1,563 Times in 863 Posts
finallyfound10 has a reputation beyond reputefinallyfound10 has a reputation beyond reputefinallyfound10 has a reputation beyond reputefinallyfound10 has a reputation beyond reputefinallyfound10 has a reputation beyond reputefinallyfound10 has a reputation beyond reputefinallyfound10 has a reputation beyond reputefinallyfound10 has a reputation beyond reputefinallyfound10 has a reputation beyond reputefinallyfound10 has a reputation beyond reputefinallyfound10 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: So I've tried so much nonsense

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madrax View Post
I was first diagnosed as a child aged 6 and took Ritalin up until 14, where I quit due to social stigma.
Within 6 months I was getting high flunked school and right up to now 31 years of age I've had issues with drugs, failed relationships and work.
The only thing I'm notable good at is fatherhood and just as well, since a string of relationships has left me with 7 children.

They have tried me on all "alternative forms" of treatment. I've been diagnosed as an adult by 3 separate psychiatrists.
The last being really frustrated at our state governments hostility towards prescribing stimulants compared to the rest of our country when it comes to people with drug abuse history...

I'm currently taking strattera, which is just crap in a pill once again, like all others...

I'm now looking at launching a lawsuit against my state government or particularly the one old ******* that keeps knocking back peoples applications.
I wonder at what point I can get my state government to take/acknowledge some level of responsibility for their withholding of essential medicines I need to at least bloody function within the world.
If you cross over to another state, you can get these meds within 3 months of soberness.
This state is like 10 years.

And old Straterra does is make me emotional and miserable. So I call BS on any actual decent potential for this drug, but who would expect a 5-19 hour half-life drug that takes 4-6 weeks to work, to actually work.
I mean the half-life alone points to a 3 day window of making the drug work in ones system. Even a 72 hour half-life drug should work within 2 weeks.
Place-bo at best.

What alternative treatments? Do you mean diagnosed with adult ADHD by 3 psychiatrists?

Could you do this? Do you have reside in that state permanently or can you go back and forth?
Shame derives it's power from being unspeakable.
Shame corrodes the very part of us that believes we are capable of change.
Shame cannot survive being spoken. It can't survive empathy.

Old 08-10-18, 10:30 AM

Alphawave is on a distinguished road

I agree with you about the half life of strattera but they say it takes up to 6 weeks to work. With me it took 3 months to fully kick in. Give it a try, you never know and it's 24 hour so there's none of the up and down of stims. With respect, I'm sure the scientific research knows more than you

It's a shame you can't get the meds you're after due to drug taking, after all, it's one of the symptoms in that you're after stimulation.

I took drugs when I was younger but with me it's alcohol, they won't prescribe me stims until my alcohol intake is under control. I say I drink to self medicate but they won't have it.

Give strattera a try as you've nothing to lose, just a bit of time
Sponsored Links
Old 08-14-18, 04:35 AM
Mod-A-holic

Thanked 32,442 Times in 15,032 Posts
sarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond repute

I second the other question of what alternatives are you talking about?

I carried a watermelon?