ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > CO-EXISTING CONDITIONS > Depression
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Old 06-28-18, 06:53 PM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 29,891 Times in 13,802 Posts
Fuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond repute
Anhedonia

I'm not exactly sure what's wrong with me. I suppose I'm depressed but I'm not down in the dumps. I don't just want to sleep all the time and I'm sort of functioning (mostly thanks to dex).

I just feel so miserable. I'm down and tired all the time. Nothing is enjoyable. Nothing seems worth looking forward to. I just feel so gloomy. I say I'm functioning but I'm nreally just doing the basics (ie looking after fuzzling and going to work) and that's troubling me to too. I feel like I've got this huge mountain to climb to get bXk on track again. I'm so fat and unfit. And work has pretty much been a disappointmwnt. I thought it would be a job for life but I really don't like it. I've withdrawn from pretty much everyone and barely leave my desk now.

Maybe it's the meds.

Anyway, I keep thinking I should call the psychiatrist to make back appointment but I really don't want to.

Every thing just seem so gray.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Fuzzy12 For This Useful Post:
Little Missy (06-28-18), psychopathetic (06-28-18)
Old 06-28-18, 06:57 PM
e-(((hug))) extraordinaire!

Thanked 14,754 Times in 7,351 Posts
psychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Anhedonia

I love you Fuzz-Fuzz.

(((((((MOM)))))))
I Miss You.

The Following User Says Thank You to psychopathetic For This Useful Post:
Fuzzy12 (06-29-18)
Old 06-29-18, 04:44 PM
Contributor

LyrinMeow is a splendid one to beholdLyrinMeow is a splendid one to beholdLyrinMeow is a splendid one to beholdLyrinMeow is a splendid one to beholdLyrinMeow is a splendid one to beholdLyrinMeow is a splendid one to beholdLyrinMeow is a splendid one to beholdLyrinMeow is a splendid one to behold

Sounds like me right now. Slowly withdrawing from everything. No joy out of life. Except I know mine are break through symptoms of depression from experience and because I'm on two antidepressants.

Maybe what you are already on is somewhat helping by blocking some worse symptoms out? I know my Adderall helps my anxiety. I'd bite the bullet and call the psych. I think I'm doing that Monday too.

See what she wants to do with my med cocktail this time.

A person can only take so many antidepressants.
The Following User Says Thank You to LyrinMeow For This Useful Post:
Fuzzy12 (06-29-18)
Sponsored Links
Old 06-29-18, 07:35 PM

Fuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by LyrinMeow View Post
Sounds like me right now. Slowly withdrawing from everything. No joy out of life. Except I know mine are break through symptoms of depression from experience and because I'm on two antidepressants.

Maybe what you are already on is somewhat helping by blocking some worse symptoms out? I know my Adderall helps my anxiety. I'd bite the bullet and call the psych. I think I'm doing that Monday too.

See what she wants to do with my med cocktail this time.

A person can only take so many antidepressants.
Dex gives me anxiety. I remember when I took anti depressants they helped so much with anxiety. More than they ever helped with depression. I just don't want to take them. I've tried three. Sertraline, which gave me extreme mood swings,venlafaxine which knocked me out and made me feel suicidal and duloxetinr which didn't do much at all except make me sleepy.

I should call my psychiatrist but I just don't want to.
Old 06-30-18, 05:55 AM
Mod-A-holic

Thanked 31,954 Times in 14,768 Posts
sarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy12 View Post
Dex gives me anxiety. I remember when I took anti depressants they helped so much with anxiety. More than they ever helped with depression. I just don't want to take them. I've tried three. Sertraline, which gave me extreme mood swings,venlafaxine which knocked me out and made me feel suicidal and duloxetinr which didn't do much at all except make me sleepy.

I should call my psychiatrist but I just don't want to.
For the sake of fuzzling you have to. Kids pick up on stuff even if its subconscious.

I carried a watermelon?
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to sarahsweets For This Useful Post:
Fuzzy12 (06-30-18), LyrinMeow (07-01-18), willow129 (07-01-18)
Old 07-01-18, 11:24 AM
Contributor

LyrinMeow is a splendid one to beholdLyrinMeow is a splendid one to beholdLyrinMeow is a splendid one to beholdLyrinMeow is a splendid one to beholdLyrinMeow is a splendid one to beholdLyrinMeow is a splendid one to beholdLyrinMeow is a splendid one to beholdLyrinMeow is a splendid one to behold

The great thing about antidepressants is that there are a sh- ton of them. Given enough time you're bound to find one that agrees with you. Not going to lie and say it doesn't suck until you do but if you need them you need them. Unless therapy works for you and you have the time to invest in it.
Fuzzy12 (07-04-18)
Old 07-04-18, 06:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LyrinMeow View Post
The great thing about antidepressants is that there are a sh- ton of them. Given enough time you're bound to find one that agrees with you. Not going to lie and say it doesn't suck until you do but if you need them you need them. Unless therapy works for you and you have the time to invest in it.
I'm not sure I can afford to mess around with anti deoressants especially since I'mn struggling quite a bit with my stimulant. In the past they've had a horrible effect on me. At the moment at least I'm somehwat functional..just depressed.
Old 07-05-18, 04:03 PM
Contributor

Well I saw my doctor today. Now it's your turn!

Maybe try something like lexapro or celexa? Both of those usually help with anxiety as well even though they are antidepressants. Higher chance it would hit one of your symptoms. I'm sure there are others as well. It took me forever to find an antispsychotic that worked. And now I'm back at it again.

If you are really handling it alright that's fine but if it's affecting your life please don't hesitate to try something.
Fuzzy12 (07-06-18)
Old 07-05-18, 09:28 PM

Thanked 1,555 Times in 856 Posts
finallyfound10 has a reputation beyond reputefinallyfound10 has a reputation beyond reputefinallyfound10 has a reputation beyond reputefinallyfound10 has a reputation beyond reputefinallyfound10 has a reputation beyond reputefinallyfound10 has a reputation beyond reputefinallyfound10 has a reputation beyond reputefinallyfound10 has a reputation beyond reputefinallyfound10 has a reputation beyond reputefinallyfound10 has a reputation beyond reputefinallyfound10 has a reputation beyond repute

I am going to PM you something on anti-depressants.
Shame derives it's power from being unspeakable.
Shame corrodes the very part of us that believes we are capable of change.
Shame cannot survive being spoken. It can't survive empathy.

The Following User Says Thank You to finallyfound10 For This Useful Post:
Fuzzy12 (07-06-18)