ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > TREATMENT & MANAGEMENT > Medications > Concerta
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Concerta (methylphenidate) Time released Ritalin - 10 hour long acting tablet.

Old 11-12-08, 03:04 PM

AcidKnowledge1 is on a distinguished road
Question Very Blurry Vision

Hello, I've been taking Concerta for almost a year now and I've never had these symptoms. About 3 weeks ago, I ran out of my usual 54 mg dose and had to go 3 weeks w/o meds due to the circumstances. When I went back to my psychiatrist, I asked if he could up the dosage, which he did. So this morning I took 72mg, and in about an hour and a half I started experiencing very blurry vision. Not like a little blurry, where you can still see in front of you, I'm talking like I can barely see the keyboard I'm typing on. My question is, has anyone had experiences similar to this? I will ask my doctor, but has the blurred vision side effect ever gone away after taking the dosage a while for anyone? Any related feedback would be greatly appreciated, thank you.
Old 11-14-08, 04:41 PM
ADDvanced Forum Guru

Thanked 1,013 Times in 508 Posts
chartreuse has a brilliant futurechartreuse has a brilliant futurechartreuse has a brilliant futurechartreuse has a brilliant futurechartreuse has a brilliant futurechartreuse has a brilliant futurechartreuse has a brilliant futurechartreuse has a brilliant futurechartreuse has a brilliant futurechartreuse has a brilliant futurechartreuse has a brilliant future
Re: Very Blurry Vision

I took Concerta for exactly one day - I got nothing good from it and had horrible side effects. One thing I noted was that my vision didn't seem quite right, although I never was able to say exactly what was different.

If I experienced what you did, I'd have gone to the ER. That would have scared the crap out of me. I wouldn't take anything that messed with ability to see like that. I would highly recommend contacting your doctor immediately.

I notice now that your post is a couple days old - how is your vision?