ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > ADULTS AND ADD/ADHD > Adults with ADD > General ADD Talk
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Old 06-25-11, 06:39 PM

stev0848 is on a distinguished road
Does anyone lie alot?

I do way to much... I don't know why. It just flows out of my mouth so fluently. I can articulate a lie better then I can say what I actually want to say.

I think its hardwared into my brain from doing it since I can remember. I often thought of becoming a lawyer, because I'm so good at it. lol... It sucks tho, because I usually just make a bigger mess
Old 06-25-11, 08:18 PM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 3,639 Times in 1,734 Posts
Impetus has a reputation beyond reputeImpetus has a reputation beyond reputeImpetus has a reputation beyond reputeImpetus has a reputation beyond reputeImpetus has a reputation beyond reputeImpetus has a reputation beyond reputeImpetus has a reputation beyond reputeImpetus has a reputation beyond reputeImpetus has a reputation beyond reputeImpetus has a reputation beyond reputeImpetus has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Does anyone lie alot?

silly question, but are you REALLY lying??? or are you just doing the usual fluffing and mistaking it for a lie??

I used to fluff, then for some reason came to the conclusion that fluffing was lying. so then a I swung the other way and only spoke what I could verify. weird, I know... but you are on an ADD forum, so there isn't much else you could expect

anyhoo, now I am deliberately fluffing. and it feels pretty darn good!

I used to get accused of lying a lot when I was kid. that probably explains the over correction.... but I really wasn't lying. I would see something or something would happen to me that was pretty weird. well if I'm not paying attention to the same stuff as everyone else, then I am going to see something off the wall. and then there's the issue of my tendency to create chaos without even trying.
“I often warn people: "Somewhere along the way, someone is going to tell you, 'There is no "I" in team.' What you should tell them is, 'Maybe not. But there is an "I" in independence, individuality and integrity.”
-George Carlin
Old 06-25-11, 09:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Impetus View Post
silly question, but are you REALLY lying??? or are you just doing the usual fluffing and mistaking it for a lie??

I used to fluff, then for some reason came to the conclusion that fluffing was lying. so then a I swung the other way and only spoke what I could verify. weird, I know... but you are on an ADD forum, so there isn't much else you could expect

anyhoo, now I am deliberately fluffing. and it feels pretty darn good!

I used to get accused of lying a lot when I was kid. that probably explains the over correction.... but I really wasn't lying. I would see something or something would happen to me that was pretty weird. well if I'm not paying attention to the same stuff as everyone else, then I am going to see something off the wall. and then there's the issue of my tendency to create chaos without even trying.
Define "fluffing"? Making the blow softer?
Sponsored Links
Old 06-25-11, 09:57 PM

Thanked 3,639 Times in 1,734 Posts
Impetus has a reputation beyond reputeImpetus has a reputation beyond reputeImpetus has a reputation beyond reputeImpetus has a reputation beyond reputeImpetus has a reputation beyond reputeImpetus has a reputation beyond reputeImpetus has a reputation beyond reputeImpetus has a reputation beyond reputeImpetus has a reputation beyond reputeImpetus has a reputation beyond reputeImpetus has a reputation beyond repute

I tell you that my dog is huge. in reality it's only a 65lb dog.
“I often warn people: "Somewhere along the way, someone is going to tell you, 'There is no "I" in team.' What you should tell them is, 'Maybe not. But there is an "I" in independence, individuality and integrity.”
-George Carlin
Old 06-25-11, 10:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Impetus View Post
I tell you that my dog is huge. in reality it's only a 65lb dog.
Ya, that alot of the times... I lie alot when I'm nervous, the complete opposite of what I wanted to say comes out. Maybe I'm self concious?
Old 06-25-11, 11:41 PM
ADDvanced Member

bruukswuzheer is a glorious beacon of lightbruukswuzheer is a glorious beacon of lightbruukswuzheer is a glorious beacon of lightbruukswuzheer is a glorious beacon of lightbruukswuzheer is a glorious beacon of light

okay, i don't fluff. I'm a lying sonofa***** some times and at 44 Iv'e been at it since as early as i can remember. I never thought it affected me but the last couple of years it has made me very stressed & anxious. kinda ruins my life constantly.

if that was the only thing i could change about myself that would be it.
Old 06-26-11, 12:15 AM

Thanked 4,334 Times in 2,020 Posts
trishcan has a reputation beyond reputetrishcan has a reputation beyond reputetrishcan has a reputation beyond reputetrishcan has a reputation beyond reputetrishcan has a reputation beyond reputetrishcan has a reputation beyond reputetrishcan has a reputation beyond reputetrishcan has a reputation beyond reputetrishcan has a reputation beyond reputetrishcan has a reputation beyond reputetrishcan has a reputation beyond repute

Sometimes I wish I was a better liar. I really don't know how to lie, so I'm honest to a fault. Brutal honesty is probably just as damaging as compulsive deception, but it would be nice to strike a balance somewhere.
The Following User Says Thank You to trishcan For This Useful Post:
Impetus (06-26-11)
Old 06-26-11, 12:21 AM
Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 1,208 Times in 677 Posts
C8H10N4O2 is a splendid one to beholdC8H10N4O2 is a splendid one to beholdC8H10N4O2 is a splendid one to beholdC8H10N4O2 is a splendid one to beholdC8H10N4O2 is a splendid one to beholdC8H10N4O2 is a splendid one to beholdC8H10N4O2 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by stev0848 View Post
I do way to much... I don't know why. It just flows out of my mouth so fluently. I can articulate a lie better then I can say what I actually want to say.

I think its hardwared into my brain from doing it since I can remember. I often thought of becoming a lawyer, because I'm so good at it. lol... It sucks tho, because I usually just make a bigger mess
No, I never lie.
The Following User Says Thank You to C8H10N4O2 For This Useful Post:
Blueranne (06-26-11)
Old 06-26-11, 02:57 AM
ADDvanced Member

erin_m is on a distinguished road

I used to do that a lot as a kid. I still lie now, but mostly its little white lies.

So.... 100 mg Wellbutrin HCl 2X per day and 10 mg Adderall IR 2-3X per day
Old 06-26-11, 05:38 AM
ADDvanced Contributor

ADDinHDefgHi?! has much to be proud ofADDinHDefgHi?! has much to be proud ofADDinHDefgHi?! has much to be proud ofADDinHDefgHi?! has much to be proud ofADDinHDefgHi?! has much to be proud ofADDinHDefgHi?! has much to be proud ofADDinHDefgHi?! has much to be proud ofADDinHDefgHi?! has much to be proud ofADDinHDefgHi?! has much to be proud ofADDinHDefgHi?! has much to be proud of

To OP,

I don't believe you! Or do I? ..... hmmmm now I'm suspicious.

I don't lie enough, I have a bad habit of saying exactly what I'm thinking before I have a chance to think about it.

I think I exaggerate more than lie mainly because everything seems intense to me, or I just seek out intensely stimulating situations.

I sometimes with I could justify lying about why I'm always fifteen minutes late but I usually just don't say anything about it anymore. If pressed to explain I just tell the truth and say sorry I messed up, it seems to go over better. There's never any good reason I just lose track of time.

I have more of a problem with rambling.... I had a friend who lied just for the hell of it, I guess it was fun for him or something. I have more constructive ways to waste my creative energy!
“I hate turkeys. If you stand in the meat section at the grocery store long enough, you start to get mad at turkeys. There's turkey ham, turkey bologna, turkey pastrami,...someone needs to tell the turkey, man, just be yourself!”
-Mitch Hedberg

“My nephew has HDADHD. High Definition Attention Deficit Disorder. He can barely pay attention, but when he does it's unbelievably clear.”
-Steven Wright

"Consistency is the last refuge of the unimaginative."
-Oscar Wilde
Old 06-26-11, 10:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ADDinHDefgHi?! View Post
To OP,

I don't believe you! Or do I? ..... hmmmm now I'm suspicious.

I don't lie enough, I have a bad habit of saying exactly what I'm thinking before I have a chance to think about it.

I think I exaggerate more than lie mainly because everything seems intense to me, or I just seek out intensely stimulating situations.

I sometimes with I could justify lying about why I'm always fifteen minutes late but I usually just don't say anything about it anymore. If pressed to explain I just tell the truth and say sorry I messed up, it seems to go over better. There's never any good reason I just lose track of time.

I have more of a problem with rambling.... I had a friend who lied just for the hell of it, I guess it was fun for him or something. I have more constructive ways to waste my creative energy!
Yes, I have some what of SA... but I LOVE to talk... I talk to much about most of the time... annoys the hell out of people, lol... exp when I ramble on about the same stuff after they have already moved in. I love to argue also, way to much. I'll argue over anything just for the sake of it...
Old 06-26-11, 11:25 AM
Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 1,662 Times in 787 Posts
Simenora has a brilliant futureSimenora has a brilliant futureSimenora has a brilliant futureSimenora has a brilliant futureSimenora has a brilliant futureSimenora has a brilliant futureSimenora has a brilliant futureSimenora has a brilliant futureSimenora has a brilliant futureSimenora has a brilliant futureSimenora has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by trishcan View Post
Sometimes I wish I was a better liar. I really don't know how to lie, so I'm honest to a fault. Brutal honesty is probably just as damaging as compulsive deception, but it would be nice to strike a balance somewhere.

this is more like me, bad in the clothing trade " you really don't want that dress, pick something a little more slimming, maybe one where your breasts aren't bulging out the top and the clingy fabric doesn't accentuate the rolls of flesh on your abdomen."
Old 06-26-11, 11:28 AM
Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 1,662 Times in 787 Posts
Simenora has a brilliant futureSimenora has a brilliant futureSimenora has a brilliant futureSimenora has a brilliant futureSimenora has a brilliant futureSimenora has a brilliant futureSimenora has a brilliant futureSimenora has a brilliant futureSimenora has a brilliant futureSimenora has a brilliant futureSimenora has a brilliant future

[I sometimes with I could justify lying about why I'm always fifteen minutes late but I usually just don't say anything about it anymore. If pressed to explain I just tell the truth and say sorry I messed up, it seems to go over better. There's never any good reason I just lose track of time...[/quote]

Why am I always 15 minutes late...

" Did I tell you that I have ADHD? Oh yes, diagnosed 3 years ago at the same time as both my children and my husband. I am really sorry about being late but I assure you that I am working on it. You know that this is a neurological condition right?"
Old 06-26-11, 11:52 AM

Dory02 is on a distinguished road

I am pretty honest but may stretch the truth a bit e.g. Call in sick for work if I have a hangover (theoretically not a lie and if asked why, I would probably say I was feeling a bit quesy). I am very wary of making blatant lies perhaps because I can easily pick up a liar and expect other people to have the same perception of me.
Old 06-26-11, 12:25 PM
Jr Member

Low_Key will become famous soon enough

I don't think this amounts to lying but I did a bit of exaggerating sometimes which led people to believe I was lying about whatever I was telling them. The exaggerating went hand in hand with talking too much.