ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > ADULTS AND ADD/ADHD > Adults with ADD > General ADD Talk
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Old 02-10-15, 04:58 PM
Jr Member

Anguscol45 is on a distinguished road
constant roller coaster of emotions

If this is in the wrong section forgive me but I'm back here again looking for answers, I'm going to see my Pychiatrist tomorrow, but this is the way I've been feeling today, I took my morning dose of Adderall XR 25 mgs at 11 to see if it would last longer in the day, before it started to kick in I was happy then when it kicked in I started feeling sad, then all of the sudden I started feel happy again, it's like a customized roller coaster.

I'll go 10 minutes feel happy the all of the sudden I'll feel sad or I can go a minute feeling happy the 20 seconds later I'm sad, so I'm constantly going up and down, high and low.ispoke to my pychiatrist this morning as well on the phone and he told me not to take my afternoon dose of the 5mgs IR but when my morning dose wore off I was feeling low again, so I had to take my afternoon dose and ended up taking two 5mg pills instead of one and as of right now my mood is leveled out somewhat.i can assure you this im in no way addicted to stimulants, I was diagnosed with ADHD when I was a kid and have dealt with it my whole life.if you've felt like this or had these symptoms let me know, who thinks it's the adderall doing this and not my emotions triggering this?
Old 02-10-15, 05:14 PM
Mr. BllVt

Thanked 17,971 Times in 9,012 Posts
dvdnvwls has a reputation beyond reputedvdnvwls has a reputation beyond reputedvdnvwls has a reputation beyond reputedvdnvwls has a reputation beyond reputedvdnvwls has a reputation beyond reputedvdnvwls has a reputation beyond reputedvdnvwls has a reputation beyond reputedvdnvwls has a reputation beyond reputedvdnvwls has a reputation beyond reputedvdnvwls has a reputation beyond reputedvdnvwls has a reputation beyond repute
Re: constant roller coaster of emotions

It can be both the Adderall and your real emotions working together to affect you this way.

When you're anxious, Adderall tends to make it worse. When a normal dose of Adderall makes you anxious, you are probably having some serious anxiety problems right now. Think of it this way... Basically with ADHD, you're taking Adderall as a dumb-mistakes-prevention pill, definitely not as a mood pill. If Adderall is affecting your mood in any way except maybe making it slightly better, then something isn't going the way it's supposed to.

Do take a serious look at the way your life is right now - are you in a more stressful situation than you were last year?

And do follow your psychiatrist's advice - that's what he's for. If you really think he habitually gives bad advice then go to someone else.
Postmodernism, the school of 'thought' that proclaimed 'There are no truths, only interpretations' has largely played itself out in absurdity, but it has left behind a generation of academics in the humanities disabled by their distrust of the very idea of truth and their disrespect for evidence, settling for 'conversations' in which nobody is wrong and nothing can be confirmed, only asserted with whatever style you can muster.
The Following User Says Thank You to dvdnvwls For This Useful Post:
Pilgrim (02-11-15)
Old 02-10-15, 07:28 PM
Jr Member

Thanks for the advice,I'm not a very stressful person in general, I live a very stress free live, though I don't have a job from an accident i suffered 4 years ago, I still have funds coming to me on a regular basis, though I have suffered from panic and anxiety attacks in the past, these feeling are just ruining my life.Maybe My body is telling me that it can't handle adderall anymore.cheers and have a great night.
Sponsored Links
Old 02-11-15, 12:28 AM
Mr. BllVt

Thanked 17,971 Times in 9,012 Posts
dvdnvwls has a reputation beyond reputedvdnvwls has a reputation beyond reputedvdnvwls has a reputation beyond reputedvdnvwls has a reputation beyond reputedvdnvwls has a reputation beyond reputedvdnvwls has a reputation beyond reputedvdnvwls has a reputation beyond reputedvdnvwls has a reputation beyond reputedvdnvwls has a reputation beyond reputedvdnvwls has a reputation beyond reputedvdnvwls has a reputation beyond repute

Maybe this isn't really mood related at all - there's a strong possibility that some or all of the following apply:

- You had some caffeine
- You got dehydrated
- You didn't eat well or ate too little
- You slept badly

Any of those might also cause what you're describing.
Postmodernism, the school of 'thought' that proclaimed 'There are no truths, only interpretations' has largely played itself out in absurdity, but it has left behind a generation of academics in the humanities disabled by their distrust of the very idea of truth and their disrespect for evidence, settling for 'conversations' in which nobody is wrong and nothing can be confirmed, only asserted with whatever style you can muster.
The Following User Says Thank You to dvdnvwls For This Useful Post:
Pilgrim (02-11-15)
Old 02-11-15, 01:59 AM
Jr Member

Really, I don't eat at all between breakfast and dinner and I don't drink much water in between those times as well. My caffeine intake in 0 I don't drink anything with caffeine in it at all, but Im wondering what triggered my fear of hurting myself, it happened last Thursday and beleive me I would never do such a thing but I beccame really scared, maybe it was the Echinacea I was taking in un normal doses daily that triggered it, as well I found a specific word that describes my mood changes perfectly its associated with people suffering from Bi-polar disorder, it's called Ultradian cycłing, I read an article and it was saying that it basically Relates to your moods changing so rapidly in the course of a day, but I could be wrong, anyway that for the reply.
Old 02-11-15, 02:03 AM
Jr Member

It's weird, last summer I was prescribed a high dose of Vyvanse, due to not liking focalin, and was taking a vitamin by the name of Biotin I was taking that in a high dose and weeks latter after daily use along with Vyvanse had a re-occurring panic attack, before my incident last Thirsday I was taking the Echinacea.
Old 02-11-15, 02:09 AM
Jr Member

As well all the those things you mentioned above would apply to me minus the caffeine, I have a hard time getting to sleep at night, I don't drink much water during the day and I don't eat a lot at all besides dinner, breakfast I eat a granola bar or a bowl of cereal as I don't have the greatest diet in the world.
Old 02-11-15, 02:52 AM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 1,861 Times in 1,181 Posts
Pilgrim has much to be proud ofPilgrim has much to be proud ofPilgrim has much to be proud ofPilgrim has much to be proud ofPilgrim has much to be proud ofPilgrim has much to be proud ofPilgrim has much to be proud ofPilgrim has much to be proud ofPilgrim has much to be proud of

There's your answer. Drink heaps of water. There is nothing you can do that helps this med along. Water is in every cell of the body.
Another thing if your only going to eat 2 meals. Make it breakfast and lunch. You don't want to much in your stomach at night.
Goodluck
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Pilgrim For This Useful Post:
Anguscol45 (02-11-15), Little Missy (02-11-15)
Old 02-11-15, 02:55 AM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 1,861 Times in 1,181 Posts
Pilgrim has much to be proud ofPilgrim has much to be proud ofPilgrim has much to be proud ofPilgrim has much to be proud ofPilgrim has much to be proud ofPilgrim has much to be proud ofPilgrim has much to be proud ofPilgrim has much to be proud ofPilgrim has much to be proud of

It could also mean to try another med, ie Methelphenidate. Just a thought.
The Following User Says Thank You to Pilgrim For This Useful Post:
Anguscol45 (02-11-15)
Old 02-11-15, 10:28 AM
Contributor

SirSchmidt is a jewel in the roughSirSchmidt is a jewel in the roughSirSchmidt is a jewel in the rough

Some things I do that help with Adderall (XR 25mg).

- Eat breakfast right before taking medication.
- Drink slightly more water than usual but sip it consistently throughout the day.
- Eat small, healthy snacks throughout the day to avoid lightheadedness.
- Minimize alcohol and food just before bed. Too much of either and you won't sleep well. Good sleep is hugely important for Adderall. If I don't sleep well then the medication is only 25% effective or less.
Old 02-11-15, 12:27 PM
Jr Member

Thank you for the reply, I woke up this morining and ate breakfast and my mood was very stable,then after I took my medication, it's seems to be decreasing just a tad but not to much yet, let's pray.
Old 02-11-15, 12:54 PM
Jr Member

So I woke up this morning,and my mood was normal it was steady, which im glad it was because after I ate breakfast I took my morning dose of 25mgs Adderall XR and when It kicked in bam,there went my mood changes, from feeling great to feeling low, so I'm pretty certain it the adderall doing this to me.
Old 02-11-15, 12:57 PM
Jr Member

I'm going to my phsychiatrist today to talk with him and tell him I want to take a break from adderall and take a couple month drug holiday to see what my mood baseline is, is there something I can take to help with my ADHD while I'm taking said holiday as I'm a wreck without anything given me the needed help.
Old 02-11-15, 01:10 PM
Contributor

SirSchmidt is a jewel in the roughSirSchmidt is a jewel in the roughSirSchmidt is a jewel in the rough

You could ask your doctor about alternative medications/stimulants that are more gentle. From everything I've read, Adderall is more intense and kicks in harder than Vyvanse. Though I don't have any experience other than 1.5 years of Adderall.
Old 02-11-15, 11:58 PM
Jr Member

Thanks SirSchmidt, I saw my Pdoc this afternoon and he decided on lowering my down to 20 Xr from 25 and took away the afternoon dose of 5mgs