ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > ADDF Lounge > Chit-Chat
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Old 12-26-18, 06:22 PM

Thanked 10,336 Times in 3,251 Posts
mctavish23 has disabled reputation
Re: Come on In If You're Online And Say Anything: Part III

Random Musings

Okay, so like I think Kudzu and Glitter have a lot in common

They're both impossible to get rid of

UR Welcome

and... Happy New Year too
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to mctavish23 For This Useful Post:
Lunacie (12-26-18), psychopathetic (12-27-18), stef (12-27-18)
Old 12-27-18, 02:10 AM
Mod-A-holic

Thanked 33,115 Times in 15,360 Posts
sarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond repute

Christmas could have been better than it was but everyone is alive so those are the blessings I am trying to focus on.

I carried a watermelon?
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to sarahsweets For This Useful Post:
Lunacie (12-27-18), mctavish23 (12-28-18), psychopathetic (12-27-18), stef (12-28-18), tudorose (12-28-18)
Old 12-28-18, 12:30 AM

Weather Update...

I've shoveled four times today (and it's still snowing)

By the time this is all over, I believe we'll easily have at least 12-14 inches

total.

Ugh !

Happy New Year and Stuff

Robert
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mctavish23 For This Useful Post:
Lunacie (12-28-18), stef (12-28-18)
Sponsored Links
Old 12-28-18, 05:33 AM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 27,525 Times in 13,325 Posts
stef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by mctavish23 View Post
Weather Update...

I've shoveled four times today (and it's still snowing)

By the time this is all over, I believe we'll easily have at least 12-14 inches

total.
"cold enough for ya?"
"could be worse"

Really, if you all want an idea of what he's talking about, re-watch Fargo. It actually looks like that.
The Following User Says Thank You to stef For This Useful Post:
mctavish23 (01-01-19)
Old 12-28-18, 11:17 AM

Thanked 27,030 Times in 12,616 Posts
Lunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond repute

So thankful the snow in western Kansas didn't get this far east.
Looks like clear skies and clear roads for our trip to Kansas City.
May not be able to check in until we get home again late Monday.

Happy New Year everyone!

As far as I know, there is nothing positive about ADHD that people can't have w out ADHD. ~ ADD me
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Lunacie For This Useful Post:
mctavish23 (01-01-19), midnightstar (12-28-18)
Old 12-28-18, 09:13 PM
Contributor

SashaBV will become famous soon enough

We don't have any snow or ice...still, sunny 70's would be nice. I can't seem to close the door to my shed. Dh chose the wrong kind of door years ago and it needs to be replaced...big-time. But I may have to settle for waiting until the door dries out, then I can close it again. We can't afford to replace it.
The Following User Says Thank You to SashaBV For This Useful Post:
mctavish23 (01-01-19)
Old 12-28-18, 09:34 PM

Thanked 5,616 Times in 2,422 Posts
tudorose has a reputation beyond reputetudorose has a reputation beyond reputetudorose has a reputation beyond reputetudorose has a reputation beyond reputetudorose has a reputation beyond reputetudorose has a reputation beyond reputetudorose has a reputation beyond reputetudorose has a reputation beyond reputetudorose has a reputation beyond reputetudorose has a reputation beyond reputetudorose has a reputation beyond repute

Sunny here and I have a soggy dog inside from playing in the paddling pool and under the sprinklers.

It's nice in the shade but the lack of ozone layer can be felt after just one minute in the sun. Feels like it's burning you to the core. It never used to be like this I could spend all day on the sun in the 80s but people don't think about pollution and stuff until they feel the effects for themelves and you have to feel it to truly understand. It's way worse down south.
mctavish23 (01-01-19)
Old 12-29-18, 12:58 PM

Lunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond repute

Made it to Kansas City okay, only got lost once, pretty good for us.
Not really lost, just missed our turn off and getting turned around was not fun.

We need to rethink this Christmas trip ... it's too cold in December!
The kids all came and had breakfast with us. I'm not going to help with moving
stuff to the new apartment. The cold has kicked my fibromyalgia into high gear.
So I can hang out here this morning.

As far as I know, there is nothing positive about ADHD that people can't have w out ADHD. ~ ADD me
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Lunacie For This Useful Post:
mctavish23 (01-01-19), stef (12-29-18)
Old 01-01-19, 02:37 AM
Mind Racing Moderator

Thanked 16,431 Times in 7,858 Posts
Greyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond repute

Wow, 47 members who’s birthday is today on New Years. Happy Birthday and New Year!

I think that’s the most I’ve seen on one day here.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Greyhound1 For This Useful Post:
Little Missy (01-01-19), mctavish23 (01-01-19)
Old 01-01-19, 10:59 AM

Thanked 22,452 Times in 12,086 Posts
Little Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond repute

And in the end, the love you take; is equal to the love you make...Beatles Abbey Road 1969
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Little Missy For This Useful Post:
Greyhound1 (01-01-19), mctavish23 (01-01-19)
Old 01-01-19, 02:53 PM
Minecraft Mod-rater

Thanked 1,479 Times in 764 Posts
TurtleBrain is a name known to allTurtleBrain is a name known to allTurtleBrain is a name known to allTurtleBrain is a name known to allTurtleBrain is a name known to allTurtleBrain is a name known to allTurtleBrain is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little Missy View Post
you and turtle should hang out
uh-oh, I've been found out.... I am the turtle
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TurtleBrain For This Useful Post:
Little Missy (01-01-19), mctavish23 (01-03-19)
Old 01-01-19, 09:08 PM

Thanked 30,816 Times in 14,172 Posts
Fuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond repute

I don't want Christmas to end. I wish we could keep our decorations up forever. There's an Indian festival coming up in Jan. Maybe we can celebrate that. I need to look up what you do for it. Hubby mentioned kites, which sounds like good fun.

I really, really don't want to go back to work. Uggh. That reminds me that I still need to email my boss. Fuzzling has got chicken pox so I can't go to work. Uggh I don't want to have anything to do with work.

I thought the anti depressants were working really well but maybe it's just not having to go to work.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Fuzzy12 For This Useful Post:
Lunacie (01-01-19), mctavish23 (01-03-19), psychopathetic (01-02-19), stef (01-02-19)
Old 01-01-19, 09:29 PM
Mind Racing Moderator

Thanked 16,431 Times in 7,858 Posts
Greyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little Missy View Post
What happened to the warm up? Supposed to be 40 degrees and you get -17. I want your weatherman’s job. I’m sure they say it’s a hard area to predict due to the mountains.

They say the weather is hard to predict when they’re wrong, every state and where I’ve lived especially, Florida. These places they always say “if you don’t like the weather, wait 10 minutes it will change.”

All the fancy Doppler radars and Meteorologists still only get it right about half the time. Probably the only job in the world where you make over 100k a year to be wrong 50% of the time. Especially, when the forecast is usually wrong during the most severe weather.

Farmers Almanac probably gets it right more often.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Greyhound1 For This Useful Post:
Little Missy (01-01-19), mctavish23 (01-03-19)
Old 01-01-19, 11:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greyhound1 View Post
What happened to the warm up? Supposed to be 40 degrees and you get -17. I want your weathermanís job. Iím sure they say itís a hard area to predict due to the mountains.

They say the weather is hard to predict when theyíre wrong, every state and where Iíve lived especially, Florida. These places they always say ďif you donít like the weather, wait 10 minutes it will change.Ē

All the fancy Doppler radars and Meteorologists still only get it right about half the time. Probably the only job in the world where you make over 100k a year to be wrong 50% of the time. Especially, when the forecast is usually wrong during the most severe weather.

Farmers Almanac probably gets it right more often.
Hardly. Sports players are only successful about 50% of the time, a little higher
in practice, but may be lower in a game.

The Following User Says Thank You to Lunacie For This Useful Post:
mctavish23 (01-03-19)
Old 01-01-19, 11:34 PM

Happy New Year Ya'll

(Meanwhile, the high today was -1)

Hope ya'll have a safe and prosperous 2019.

tc

Robert
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to mctavish23 For This Useful Post:
Greyhound1 (01-02-19), Lunacie (01-02-19), stef (01-02-19)