ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > ADDF Lounge > Chit-Chat
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Old 11-01-18, 03:57 PM
e-(((hug))) extraordinaire!

Thanked 16,095 Times in 7,986 Posts
psychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond repute
Re: The what's bothering you RIGHT NOW thread Part V

I'm becoming bitter, angry and frustrated guys.

And I don't know how much of it is justified and how much of it is just me fighting things that I shouldn't be.

Almost every group I goto anymore I end up getting super upset in. In my mind it all seems justified...though I realize that maybe a lot of it might not be...that maybe alot of it is on me.

But at the same time...I don't know what to do. I don't really want to leave group...even though I think it's gone downhill over the months, and even though I don't put the effort and energy into it like I use to (I feel it's kinda hard to when I think the group's become a ******* joke, I don't trust some of the people there, it's become less of a work based group, and I'm feeling more and more frustration, anger and attitude with the main person who runs the group...meanwhile the other person who runs it was my old case manager who I think did a real **** job with me so I fired...

But I feel so vulnerable...like I just don't have much right now in life. If I lose group and the support I get through the center...well ****! Then what? It's not like I have friends or family to help support me with things in this town...I don't much like the thought of having nothing here in my town.

There's also the possibility though that I'm becoming unhealthy for the group...because I do get upset a lot in the group and I am pretty vocal in expressing myself and my frustrations...it's like group after group though I end up having heated discussions and confruntations. I'm butting heads a ton with the main lady who runs the group lately...and again, I feel like it's justified and that I'm right in feeling upset and frustrated with her...
And yet I'm not able to distinguish if I'm actually wrong anymore. I can't tell if I'm in the right to be upset by the things she does.
Maybe I'm the one in the wrong and I'm just too stuborn to admit it?

I don't know.

I'm frustrated and damn if group isn't becoming a very negative drain on me.

I wish I knew what to do here.

I'd love some suggestions. I'm committed to continuing group...but I don't know.

I'm messed up.

I'll bring some of this up in my next group and see what they have to say.

I don't know. Just venting.

(((Hugs)))

(((((((MOM)))))))
I Miss You.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to psychopathetic For This Useful Post:
lisariver (11-01-18), midnightstar (11-01-18)
Old 11-01-18, 04:30 PM

psychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond repute

I was thinking today...maybe my anger issues have to do with the fact that I don't have anyone to vent with anymore in the 3d world at the level I was able to vent with my mom. I mean I have people...but no one I can be as candid and open with. Unguarded.
So I don't have that release and it's all just bottling up and I SO want that outlet again.

Just a thought.

Am I losing my mind? For the most part I'm doing fine.
All my frustrations and such seem to center specifically with group, my therapist (the lady who is the main runner of the group) and my fired case manager.

I feel like if I cut these out of my life...without losing all of the support and security I get with being a part of the center itself...my life would become MUCH lighter.
I think what I'm dealing a lot with is being misunderstood, a lot of judgment and stigma. I'm sick of people's attitudes haha.

But again...maybe I'm losing my damned mind and maybe it's me with the bad attitude. Maybe I'm in the wrong.

I'm going to stop thinking about this for now.
haha damn I was in a good mood before going to group >.<'

(((((((MOM)))))))
I Miss You.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to psychopathetic For This Useful Post:
lisariver (11-01-18), midnightstar (11-01-18)
Old 11-01-18, 05:00 PM
Purriendly feline moderator

Thanked 23,840 Times in 14,101 Posts
midnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlimeyMooshroom View Post
lol did I say "which" instead of "wish"? Oh my... haha
Don't worry about it, Mooshroom

And some hugs for you as well, psycho
Ebony (1st January 2014 - 2nd March 2018)
Tigger (31st October 2014 - current)
Willow (3rd November 2018 - current)
"No human should ever hurt an animal" Jessie, Animal Farm

The Following User Says Thank You to midnightstar For This Useful Post:
psychopathetic (11-01-18)
Sponsored Links
Old 11-01-18, 05:34 PM

(((Mid-Mids)))

(((((((MOM)))))))
I Miss You.

The Following User Says Thank You to psychopathetic For This Useful Post:
midnightstar (11-01-18)
Old 11-01-18, 06:45 PM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 11,538 Times in 6,098 Posts
Rebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond repute

I wouldn't worry there's alot of buttholes out there and non caring non understanding people in general.theres alot of people who have a me problem in this country
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Rebelyell For This Useful Post:
psychopathetic (11-01-18), tudorose (11-02-18)
Old 11-01-18, 06:47 PM

Thanked 11,538 Times in 6,098 Posts
Rebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond repute

Trades for the count choculas cereal instead lol
The Following User Says Thank You to Rebelyell For This Useful Post:
psychopathetic (11-01-18)
Old 11-01-18, 07:20 PM
Mind Racing Moderator

Thanked 16,396 Times in 7,847 Posts
Greyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by psychopathetic View Post

I was going to suggest bringing your concerns up in group. I think you need to be humble and careful how you bring them up though. Remember your concerns pertain to other members in the group and the group leader, which is why I suggested being careful and humble in your approach not to offend.

I think bringing up your concerns and expectations of group is important. Having a civil, open and honest discussion is the best route imo. Communication is the key without offending or embarrassing anyone.

I hope it works and it can make group more mutually beneficial for all. Best of luck.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Greyhound1 For This Useful Post:
lisariver (11-02-18), Little Missy (11-01-18), midnightstar (11-02-18), psychopathetic (11-01-18)
Old 11-01-18, 07:55 PM

Thanked 4,183 Times in 2,161 Posts
acdc01 has disabled reputation

Sorry you're having such a hard time psycho.

In addition to your group, I don't suppose you live close enough to a town that has a meetup group you can join or something? Like I saw one by the tetons for RPG and Board Game collective.

Maybe you can find some friends you can talk and vent to. I imagine it's a lot harder in Wyoming with all your big open spaces though.

I'm giving the meetup groups a shot right now and seeing what happens myself. Can't say I've met anyone yet but I've only gone to one meetup so hoping there is one group with one person I might connect with.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to acdc01 For This Useful Post:
lisariver (11-02-18), Lunacie (11-01-18), midnightstar (11-02-18), psychopathetic (11-01-18)
Old 11-01-18, 08:01 PM

Thanked 30,784 Times in 14,159 Posts
Fuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I'm becoming bitter, angry and frustrated guys.

And I don't know how much of it is justified and how much of it is just me fighting things that I shouldn't be.

Almost every group I goto anymore I end up getting super upset in. In my mind it all seems justified...though I realize that maybe a lot of it might not be...that maybe alot of it is on me.

But at the same time...I don't know what to do. I don't really want to leave group...even though I think it's gone downhill over the months, and even though I don't put the effort and energy into it like I use to (I feel it's kinda hard to when I think the group's become a ******* joke, I don't trust some of the people there, it's become less of a work based group, and I'm feeling more and more frustration, anger and attitude with the main person who runs the group...meanwhile the other person who runs it was my old case manager who I think did a real **** job with me so I fired...

But I feel so vulnerable...like I just don't have much right now in life. If I lose group and the support I get through the center...well ****! Then what? It's not like I have friends or family to help support me with things in this town...I don't much like the thought of having nothing here in my town.

There's also the possibility though that I'm becoming unhealthy for the group...because I do get upset a lot in the group and I am pretty vocal in expressing myself and my frustrations...it's like group after group though I end up having heated discussions and confruntations. I'm butting heads a ton with the main lady who runs the group lately...and again, I feel like it's justified and that I'm right in feeling upset and frustrated with her...
And yet I'm not able to distinguish if I'm actually wrong anymore. I can't tell if I'm in the right to be upset by the things she does.
Maybe I'm the one in the wrong and I'm just too stuborn to admit it?

I don't know.

I'm frustrated and damn if group isn't becoming a very negative drain on me.

I wish I knew what to do here.

I'd love some suggestions. I'm committed to continuing group...but I don't know.

I'm messed up.

I don't know. Just venting.

(((Hugs)))
I think you should write them a letter and maybe read it out to the group during the session or hand it to the group leader.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Fuzzy12 For This Useful Post:
lisariver (11-02-18), midnightstar (11-02-18), psychopathetic (11-01-18)
Old 11-02-18, 05:24 AM

Took too much insulin last night and woke up with a real scare. I don't know what my sugar levels were at but I knew it was low. I can feel it through my entire body. I was so weak I could hardly sit.

I don't have anything in my apartment atm to spike my sugars quickly...but I did eat a couple of peanut butter sandwiches.

Okay, I'm going back to sleep now. my arms hurt just from holding them up to type this.

(((((((MOM)))))))
I Miss You.

The Following User Says Thank You to psychopathetic For This Useful Post:
Lunacie (11-02-18)
Old 11-02-18, 05:28 AM

Also, thank you guys.

And I think I'll do that Fuzz-Fuzz...the letter.
I've been having such a damn hard time making sense lately...at least with a letter I can take the time to make my words hopefully make sense.

I think I might be at the brink of a breakdown or something.
Or maybe not.
I'm not sure haha.

(((((((MOM)))))))
I Miss You.

Old 11-02-18, 07:12 AM
ADDvanced Member

lisariver is a glorious beacon of lightlisariver is a glorious beacon of lightlisariver is a glorious beacon of lightlisariver is a glorious beacon of lightlisariver is a glorious beacon of light

I remember bringing my mother many orange juices mixed with spoonfuls of sugar. She always had bananas floating around her car and Recees pbcups. You must be able to manage your sugar well if you don't keep sugary things around?

Quote:
Took too much insulin last night and woke up with a real scare. I don't know what my sugar levels were at but I knew it was low. I can feel it through my entire body. I was so weak I could hardly sit.

I don't have anything in my apartment atm to spike my sugars quickly...but I did eat a couple of peanut butter sandwiches.

Okay, I'm going back to sleep now. my arms hurt just from holding them up to type this.
The Following User Says Thank You to lisariver For This Useful Post:
psychopathetic (11-02-18)
Old 11-02-18, 07:54 AM
ADDvanced Member

lisariver is a glorious beacon of lightlisariver is a glorious beacon of lightlisariver is a glorious beacon of lightlisariver is a glorious beacon of lightlisariver is a glorious beacon of light

i don't mean to be a pain but maybe you could check in with us when you get up?
Quote:

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to lisariver For This Useful Post:
Lunacie (11-02-18), namazu (11-02-18), psychopathetic (11-02-18)
Old 11-02-18, 11:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisariver View Post
I remember bringing my mother many orange juices mixed with spoonfuls of sugar. She always had bananas floating around her car and Recees pbcups. You must be able to manage your sugar well if you don't keep sugary things around?
lol the problem with trying to keep sugary things around for when I need them...is I don't have the will power to 'save' them and always end up eating/drinking them.

They make some stuff for diabetics that boosts sugars that you can get through doctors...can't remember what it's called...I should really talk to my doctor about it though.

At any rate, I went back to bed, got about 5 more hours of solid sleep, and am feeling all better now .

(((((((MOM)))))))
I Miss You.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to psychopathetic For This Useful Post:
lisariver (11-02-18), Lunacie (11-02-18), Rebelyell (11-02-18)
Old 11-02-18, 11:46 AM
ADDvanced Member

so glad to hear that
to he
Quote:
lol the problem with trying to keep sugary things around for when I need them...is I don't have the will power to 'save' them and always end up eating/drinking them.

They make some stuff for diabetics that boosts sugars that you can get through doctors...can't remember what it's called...I should really talk to my doctor about it though.

At any rate, I went back to bed, got about 5 more hours of solid sleep, and am feeling all better now .
The Following User Says Thank You to lisariver For This Useful Post:
psychopathetic (11-02-18)