ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > ADDF Lounge > Chit-Chat
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Old 11-27-18, 07:39 PM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 11,548 Times in 6,102 Posts
Rebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond repute
Re: The what's bothering you RIGHT NOW thread Part V

I think my ulcer is back between my bad stomach n constant pain in my body I wished I went to.sleep n didn't wake up. What do u mean you turn into a shrew?
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Rebelyell For This Useful Post:
Lunacie (11-27-18), psychopathetic (11-27-18)
Old 11-27-18, 07:42 PM

Thanked 22,454 Times in 12,086 Posts
Little Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebelyell View Post
I think my ulcer is back between my bad stomach n constant pain in my body I wished I went to.sleep n didn't wake up. What do u mean you turn into a shrew?
you become shrewish?

And in the end, the love you take; is equal to the love you make...Beatles Abbey Road 1969
The Following User Says Thank You to Little Missy For This Useful Post:
psychopathetic (11-27-18)
Old 11-27-18, 09:01 PM

Rebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond repute

No Lizzie said she turns into a shrew
Little Missy (11-27-18), psychopathetic (11-27-18)
Sponsored Links
Old 11-27-18, 09:47 PM

Thanked 27,035 Times in 12,616 Posts
Lunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
No Lizzie said she turns into a shrew
from the dictionary:

Use the noun shrew ó at your own risk ó to refer to a woman who is argumentative, nagging, and ill tempered.

As far as I know, there is nothing positive about ADHD that people can't have w out ADHD. ~ ADD me
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Lunacie For This Useful Post:
psychopathetic (11-27-18), Rebelyell (11-28-18)
Old 11-28-18, 08:09 AM

Thanked 4,197 Times in 2,016 Posts
willow129 has a reputation beyond reputewillow129 has a reputation beyond reputewillow129 has a reputation beyond reputewillow129 has a reputation beyond reputewillow129 has a reputation beyond reputewillow129 has a reputation beyond reputewillow129 has a reputation beyond reputewillow129 has a reputation beyond reputewillow129 has a reputation beyond reputewillow129 has a reputation beyond reputewillow129 has a reputation beyond repute

It’s hard for me to get my work done and get enough sleep during the week. Actually it’s basically impossible. That’s why I cower at the idea of working 5 days a week instead of 4.
I don’t want to seem like I’m a weakling, but I have difficulties that others don’t have I guess. I can’t really imagine not having them, but yeah, I guess other people don’t.
Trying so hard to catch up on work. Depressed and spacey and tired now.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to willow129 For This Useful Post:
Fuzzy12 (11-28-18), Lunacie (11-28-18), psychopathetic (11-28-18), stef (11-28-18)
Old 11-28-18, 09:07 AM

Not sure what to do where I work I make good money but the people are jerks w attitudes.day in n day out it's beating me down more n more dealing w all this negativity.i really can't start over somewhere else.
psychopathetic (11-28-18), stef (11-28-18)
Old 11-28-18, 12:04 PM

Thanked 27,035 Times in 12,616 Posts
Lunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by willow129 View Post
Itís hard for me to get my work done and get enough sleep during the week. Actually itís basically impossible. Thatís why I cower at the idea of working 5 days a week instead of 4.
I donít want to seem like Iím a weakling, but I have difficulties that others donít have I guess. I canít really imagine not having them, but yeah, I guess other people donít.
My daughter has mild adhd and works with the public in a shop environment.
She only works 3 days a week, and she sees the toll it takes on her boyfriend
who works 5 days a week.

When I was young, those first 4 years out of high school, I worked 5 days a
week, but I was working in a restaurant kitchen so didn't have to deal with
people all day. These last 13 years I was working 1 day a week cleaning a
beauty salon/spa so again didn't have to be "personable" with other people.

You're right, not wanting to deal with other people all day every day doesn't
make you weak. It means you recognize that it's not one of your strengths.
Being depressed makes it even harder to do that. I suffered from seasonal
depression for years, starting every August and lasting well into February.
Zoloft has been a tremendous help with that.

As far as I know, there is nothing positive about ADHD that people can't have w out ADHD. ~ ADD me
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Lunacie For This Useful Post:
psychopathetic (11-29-18), Rebelyell (11-28-18), stef (11-28-18), willow129 (11-30-18)
Old 11-28-18, 12:31 PM
ADDvanced Member

TheDreamer has a spectacular aura aboutTheDreamer has a spectacular aura about

What's bothering me right now is that I'm going back into the workforce in about two weeks after a 6 mon hiatus.

I know beforehand that I will have severe difficulties spending time in one place (one chair) for 8 hours a day. When free I've been walking and biking a lot. Have spent a few hours per day working on my own stuff if my mood was right.

I find very little understanding from (few) friends and relatives about my situation. They're happy that I will be working again, so I'm hoping I won't let them (or my employer) down.

It just does not seem like a long-term solution for me. I've been considering a career change to something that is easier to do part-time (software development is not). Right now it seems like it's either 0 or 100%, why is it so hard to find something inbetween?
psychopathetic (11-29-18), stef (11-28-18)
Old 11-28-18, 12:50 PM

Well I'm glad to know I'm not the only one who feels this way.that I can only deal w people for so long before it wears on me.no ADHD n depression doesn't help at all n.indeed makes it worse
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Rebelyell For This Useful Post:
Lunacie (11-28-18), psychopathetic (11-29-18), stef (11-28-18)
Old 11-28-18, 01:03 PM

Thanked 27,525 Times in 13,325 Posts
stef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Well I'm glad to know I'm not the only one who feels this way.that I can only deal w people for so long before it wears on me.
I need and truly enjoy some social interaction but all day/every day was absolutely draining. Also I'm not hyperactive, but at various times during the day I suddenly couldn't stand being at my desk and would jump up like a cat, and go off on some fictional "errand" to the mail room for folders or something.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to stef For This Useful Post:
Lunacie (11-28-18), psychopathetic (11-29-18), Rebelyell (11-29-18)
Old 11-28-18, 05:25 PM

Thanked 4,188 Times in 2,163 Posts
acdc01 has disabled reputation

Quote:
Well I'm glad to know I'm not the only one who feels this way.that I can only deal w people for so long before it wears on me.no ADHD n depression doesn't help at all n.indeed makes it worse
I think a lot of us here find socializing exhausting including myself even though at the same time, I need people too.

Sorry your workplace tires you out so. Do your coworkers treat you poorly or is it just that they like to brag or are super competitive or something?
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to acdc01 For This Useful Post:
Rebelyell (11-29-18), willow129 (11-30-18)
Old 11-28-18, 05:56 PM

Thanked 30,816 Times in 14,172 Posts
Fuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by willow129 View Post
Itís hard for me to get my work done and get enough sleep during the week. Actually itís basically impossible. Thatís why I cower at the idea of working 5 days a week instead of 4.
I donít want to seem like Iím a weakling, but I have difficulties that others donít have I guess. I canít really imagine not having them, but yeah, I guess other people donít.
I work currently four days a week and have applied to change my hours to three days. I feel a bit guilty about that but I need that time to do something for myself. Like lunacie said adjusting your work so that it fits your personal circumstances is not weak. It's smart. No one benefits from a burnt out worker.

But yeah the catching up is just endless isn't it? I feel like with every passing minute that I've got more to catch up on. It's like everyones minutes have sixty seconds but mine have only 40.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Fuzzy12 For This Useful Post:
Lunacie (11-28-18), psychopathetic (11-29-18), stef (11-28-18), willow129 (11-30-18)
Old 11-28-18, 09:20 PM

All of those things ac plus their backstabbers.right now not sure if it's bad anxiety but I feel very overwhelmed exhausted n just feel sick
psychopathetic (11-29-18), stef (11-29-18)
Old 11-28-18, 11:48 PM
Mind Racing Moderator

Thanked 16,434 Times in 7,858 Posts
Greyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond repute

Where the hell is everyone and where have they been? 3 members online currently. Hi Rebs. and Nam. It’s just us.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Greyhound1 For This Useful Post:
Rebelyell (11-29-18), stef (11-29-18)
Old 11-29-18, 12:59 AM

Thanked 5,617 Times in 2,422 Posts
tudorose has a reputation beyond reputetudorose has a reputation beyond reputetudorose has a reputation beyond reputetudorose has a reputation beyond reputetudorose has a reputation beyond reputetudorose has a reputation beyond reputetudorose has a reputation beyond reputetudorose has a reputation beyond reputetudorose has a reputation beyond reputetudorose has a reputation beyond reputetudorose has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greyhound1 View Post
Where the hell is everyone and where have they been? I miss so many. 3 members online currently. Hi Rebs. and Nam. Itís just us.
It's 1pm here so I'm at work
Greyhound1 (11-29-18), Rebelyell (11-29-18)