ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > TREATMENT & MANAGEMENT > Medications > Strattera
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Strattera (Atomoxetine HCI)

Old 12-17-18, 12:08 PM

bmerce02 is on a distinguished road
Might be a good thing

Just started Strattera last Tuesday due to an issue with Adderall (pharmacy claimed it was picked up from a script with my previous doc, switched docs when I moved, so I was nowhere near the pharmacy that says it was picked up, got flagged for "doctor shopping"), originally began on 40 mg/day but the fatigue was severe, as was the constipation. Notified my doc of the side effects so she dropped me down to 18 mg/day, so far so good, anxiety is lessened, no more negative thoughts stemming from life's stressors, less impulsive shopping, alcohol/smokeless tobacco consumption.

My girlfriend says I seem more animated, less sleepy than my normal self (she usually got to see me when the Adderall crash was heavily active). I was on 60 mg/day of Adderall so the come down was not good, but the Strattera seems to also be helping quell that a little bit as well.

I'm hoping that in the coming weeks that my attention span I once had on Adderall will also return as it is somewhat lacking in that department right now. Moving up to 40 mg again in 11-ish days.
Old 12-18-18, 06:21 AM
Mod-A-holic

Thanked 33,083 Times in 15,343 Posts
sarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Might be a good thing

That sounds like a pharmacy issue. I would get to the bottom of it regardless of what you take now.

I carried a watermelon?