ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > ADULTS AND ADD/ADHD > Adults with ADD > General ADD Talk
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-17-13, 10:50 AM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 6,302 Times in 3,471 Posts
silivrentoliel has a reputation beyond reputesilivrentoliel has a reputation beyond reputesilivrentoliel has a reputation beyond reputesilivrentoliel has a reputation beyond reputesilivrentoliel has a reputation beyond reputesilivrentoliel has a reputation beyond reputesilivrentoliel has a reputation beyond reputesilivrentoliel has a reputation beyond reputesilivrentoliel has a reputation beyond reputesilivrentoliel has a reputation beyond reputesilivrentoliel has a reputation beyond repute
Talking steps to mailing a greeting card ^_^

This was on my wall on Facebook, posted by "ADHD - Tales of an absent minded superhero." Her posts always amuse me, but I think she's been spying on me for this one.

People that don't have our wacky brains don't really understand why for ADHDers, something seemingly simple like getting a greeting card in the mail is like torture!

We like things that can be accomplished in one or two steps...the more steps (barriers) we have to work through, the less our chances become of succeeding.

Let's look at the steps (barriers) to mailing a greeting card...

Step 1 - Remember occasion
Step 2 - Go to store and buy greeting card
Step 3 - Lose card at home
Step 4 - Find card in pile
Step 5 - Sign the card
Step 6 - Get husband to sign card
Step 7 - Get daughter to sign card
Step 8 - Get son to sign card
Step 9 - Find envelope
Step 10 - Look up address
Step 11 - Address card
Step 12 - Find stamp
Step 13 - Stick in mailbox or drive to P.O.

Are you kidding me? Most of the time I don't make it past step 3. I'm getting ready to send my parents an envelope with three cards in it; none of which I can find the envelopes for. One is for their anniversary (which was yesterday), one is for Mother's Day and one is for Father's Day. The Mother's Day card is actually a "blank inside" card because I lost her original Mother's Day card.

I'm officially sick of failing at this and have realized that as much as I love picking out beautiful cards for people, most of the time they never even receive them and have no idea that I spent 30 minutes in the card aisle, with tears running down my face, reading every card, trying to find the one that's perfect.

This is our life.

Follow ADDForums on Twitter & Facebook
The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to silivrentoliel For This Useful Post:
425runner (07-19-13), amberwillow (07-18-13), BellaVita (07-18-13), Canadian Mess (07-18-13), Fuzzy12 (07-18-13), janiew (07-17-13), salleh (07-18-13), Spacemaster (07-18-13), stef (07-17-13), TheNarrator (07-19-13), Unmanagable (07-18-13)