ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > ADULTS AND ADD/ADHD > Adults with ADD > General ADD Talk
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Old 05-19-19, 06:10 AM
Jr Member

NotSureYet is on a distinguished road
Ritalin effect immune system?

Hi, I have taken Ritalin for a little under a year. It has helped a lot ! I have also found, however, that I have been more frequently sick than in the past. I had flu twice last winter, have already had it this winter, and feel like it takes me longer to get over sickness than it was in the past. Could Ritalin be having an impact on my immune system? I take it as prescribed and don't take it on weekends, so abuse isn't an issue.
Old 05-19-19, 03:09 PM

PoppnNSailinMan has much to be proud ofPoppnNSailinMan has much to be proud ofPoppnNSailinMan has much to be proud ofPoppnNSailinMan has much to be proud ofPoppnNSailinMan has much to be proud ofPoppnNSailinMan has much to be proud ofPoppnNSailinMan has much to be proud ofPoppnNSailinMan has much to be proud of
Re: Ritalin effect immune system?

I've never read anything about Ritalin affecting the immune system. But if you do a search here in these forms with the search function, you might find something useful. I just took a look and saw at least one post on Ritalin and the immune system.
Bart Simpson (to the tune of “I'm Popeye the Sailor Man”): “When I can’t stop my fiddlin’, I just takes me Ritalin, I’m poppin’ and sailin’, man!” (“Brother’s Little Helper,” Season 11, episode 2, aired 10/3/99)