ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > ADULTS AND ADD/ADHD > Adults with ADD > Men with ADD/ADHD
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Men with ADD/ADHD This forum is for men to discuss issues related to being a man with AD/HD.

Old 05-25-19, 07:58 AM

Retrograid is on a distinguished road
No Meds in Finland, Hard Time Coping!

I recently moved back to Finland from the states. I have been diagnosed with ADHD since 2009 when I was found disabled from multiple conditions back in the US. Anyways, the clinic I am going to is refusing to give me my medicine until I can prove I have ADHD. I have provided them my pharmacy records from the states for over a decade which shows my Ritalin rxs but they still want a doctors diagnosis paperwork from my old behavioural health clinic in Tucson. Well, they are on weekend holiday until Tuesday and I have been without medicine for months and I am on the verge of breakdown. What the heck can I do but wait this out? Any suggestions?

The local government doctors also refuse to do anything because I am forced to go through this goverment clinic and they want to start from scratch and rediagnose me. I am so frustrated and unmotivated to get anything done.

I dont speak Finnish so its making this very stressful...

Thanks for any support or ideas.
Old 05-25-19, 02:07 PM
Mod-A-holic

Thanked 33,033 Times in 15,319 Posts
sarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond repute
Re: No Meds in Finland, Hard Time Coping!

I am sorry you are going through this. You will have to wait until the office opens to get your records. Unfortunately when going from country to country its hard to get doctors to agree. Do they prescribe stimulants in Finland?

I carried a watermelon?
Old 05-25-19, 06:29 PM

Retrograid is on a distinguished road
Re: No Meds in Finland, Hard Time Coping!

They do and frequently from what I have heard. This government clinic is just slow as molasses; like theyve got a bad case of ADHD but worse than a kid dragging their legs on the ground... Only dextroamfetamine, lisdexamfetamine, and methylfenidate.

While I was in the Netherlands their local doctor gave me a two week supply of methylphenidate with no qualms as over there the GPs are given the right to treat psychiatric and other conditions; they dont want heavy drug diversion nor narcotic use to rampage their nice streets and attractions in Amsterdam so the doctors tend to keep people very healthy.

Here in Finland is a freaking beaurocratic nightmare.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Retrograid For This Useful Post:
aeon (05-25-19), stef (05-26-19)
Sponsored Links