ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > ADULTS AND ADD/ADHD > Adults with ADD > General ADD Talk
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-11-18, 10:18 AM

Budkeiser is on a distinguished road
Black and white thinking

To me I am learning some things are obvious to others but not so much to me. I have realized that dealing with ADHD is more than just being inattentive, focus, or hyperactivity. Or more correctly, how those things correlate to other aspects of of life encounters.

I am a very analytical person. I think perhaps maybe too hyper focused at times (I will address with a professional) and do not see the perspective of things as some others may. I have a degree in economics and often use economics to explain outcomes in court, people’s motives and values of personal and real property.

Once I was asking another economist if she would like to go snow skiing using only mathematics. Yes it can get “nerdy”.

I am reflecting how ADHD impacts my life and has impacted my life. I think of medication as a tool to assist and not except it to do the work for me.

My question to you fellow ADHD’ers, do you view things as black and white? Is the perspective of viewing things black and white an ADHD thing?
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Budkeiser For This Useful Post:
aeon (03-11-18), CharlesH (03-11-18), daveddd (03-11-18), DeClutter (03-13-18)