ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > TREATMENT & MANAGEMENT > Advocacy, Coaching, Counseling and Practitioner Referrals > United States Referrals > United States - Southern U.S. > Tennessee
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Old 10-09-16, 11:25 PM

Dolorem Ipsum is a glorious beacon of lightDolorem Ipsum is a glorious beacon of lightDolorem Ipsum is a glorious beacon of lightDolorem Ipsum is a glorious beacon of lightDolorem Ipsum is a glorious beacon of lightDolorem Ipsum is a glorious beacon of light
Unhappy Re: Roll Call - Tennessee Attention Deficit Disorder

I don't know if anybody even uses this subforum anymore, since I notice the most recent post is circa 2014, but I moved to Memphis TN from Australia about a year ago.

I was doing pretty well with my treatment in Australia, but am really struggling to access decent mental health care over here, or get anyone to take my ADHD seriously. The psychiatrist I was referred to (nurse practitioner) wants to take me off my meds that were helping and treat me for bipolar disorder (even though the meds for that don't help). I've been trying to find a psychologist and a doctor who actually specializes in ADHD, but so far that has just meant wading through a list of outdated contact details and practitioners who aren't accepting new clients.

Sorry, that got a bit ranty, but I'm kind of struggling here.