ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > ADULTS AND ADD/ADHD > Adult Education
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Adult Education This forum is to discuss issues related to ADD and higher education.

Old 10-02-09, 09:49 AM

Elandruss will become famous soon enough
Study Abroad - ADD in Scotland

Hey fellows. So, as part of my Secondary Ed. English degree, I thought it would be a wonderful opportunity to do a semester of study abroad, specifically in Scotland. I have a meeting today to discuss the cost, requirements, scholorships, basically the logistics of being able to go spring semester of 2010. I probably wouldn't have felt confident enough to really pursue this had I not been on my meds since the start of the semester.

That being said, does anyone have experience with going to a european country, and the whole process of medication and everything? Do I have to get re-tested while I'm there, under their standards, to get medication? Or would I just get it sent to me from the insurance company or something? I'm reading the "ADD Services of Scotland" pdf now, I just don't know what would apply to me.
This is to have succeeded.
Old 10-02-09, 03:27 PM
ADDvanced Member

losethefire will become famous soon enough
Re: Study Abroad - ADD in Scotland

I would suggest going to the (Scotland) university's website and finding their students with disabilities department and asking them, if they don't know they may be able to find out. Assuming you're comfortable with disclosing that to them, that is. They may have had students in the same situation before and know exactly the procedure.
Old 10-02-09, 05:53 PM
Contributor

river09 will become famous soon enough

That will be awesome! I wish I would done that, and scotland will be amazing. I'm 32 now and have kids, so it seems impossible; do it while you can.
I did travel around Europe for a summer when I was twenty. I was alone and didn't have a plan. Wish I could go back now.
Anyway, good luck!
Sponsored Links
Old 10-02-09, 11:33 PM

Elandruss will become famous soon enough

Thank you very much! Haha I talked to the coordinator fellow, when I told him I wanted to go Spring semester 2010, told me it would cost SO much more than my in-state tuition but I still had till the 16th, but I'd need to get together an 1,100 dollar deposit! I was so stressed about it all, that I needed to make a decision so soon, and I nearly just called him afterwords and told him to forget about it. Then my mother mentioned to me, "You know 'Spring, 2010,' is this very next semester, right?"

I completely got my semesters mixed up. So my percieved deadline is no longer in 14 days, but a year.

Oh goodness I was so thankful I nearly cried ^_^
This is to have succeeded.