ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > ADULTS AND ADD/ADHD > Adults with ADD > General ADD Talk
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Old 08-20-11, 03:42 AM
Forum Guru

Hathor is on a distinguished roadHathor is on a distinguished roadHathor is on a distinguished roadHathor is on a distinguished roadHathor is on a distinguished roadHathor is on a distinguished roadHathor is on a distinguished roadHathor is on a distinguished roadHathor is on a distinguished roadHathor is on a distinguished road
Re: You Know You Have ADHD When ...

you have a "special toothbrush" for cleaning the hard to reach places on your toilet.

you keep this toothbrush on the floor behind the toilet so you will not accidentally use it to brush your teeth.

During one of the rare times you clean behind the toilet, you pick up the the "special toothbrush" and put it on the counter next to the sink.

your "special toothbrush" stays on the counter next to the sink until the next morning - when you pick it up and start brushing your teeth with it
homestead4u (04-07-12), PinkRoxy (08-23-11)
Old 08-20-11, 07:34 PM

NikkiElizabeth is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by eggyolkes View Post
You go to do something, get sidetracked, realize you forgot to do what you originally were supposed to... but by this point, you can't remember for the life of you what you were originally going to do...

my life story.
I find your name and sig extremely entertaining and hilarious after what I had posted about my night last night. literally laughing out loud. Pretty sure it was fate that I found this forum.

as for sticking to the topic...

You know you have adhd when you're posting in a forum when you've had laundry sitting on your bed waiting to be put away for 4 days... O.o I guess I should get to that....
eggyolkes (08-21-11), homestead4u (04-07-12), LaMbaL (12-20-11)
Old 08-20-11, 08:14 PM
ADDvanced Member

addrian2011 will become famous soon enough

when you miss your freeway exit and pass 5 other exits before you even realize it.
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to addrian2011 For This Useful Post:
adhdgrownup (10-22-13), dopaminerush (02-23-17), Excelsior1 (11-17-12), Forgot my brain (12-05-11), homestead4u (04-07-12), PixelAngelBaby (01-03-13), Rebelyell (08-21-11), spamsmom (11-14-11), Thandimanillon (12-05-11), Unmanagable (08-20-11)
Sponsored Links
Old 08-20-11, 11:20 PM
Contributor

holmracing is a glorious beacon of lightholmracing is a glorious beacon of lightholmracing is a glorious beacon of lightholmracing is a glorious beacon of lightholmracing is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by addrian2011 View Post
when you miss your freeway exit and pass 5 other exits before you even realize it.

I get lost so often that my husband finally got me a GPS for my birthday a few years ago... Has to be one of the BEST inventions ever.

And i have learned that if you set it right (or just play with it too much.. hehe) you get to have fun adventures until the husband fixes it!
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to holmracing For This Useful Post:
adhdgrownup (10-22-13), homestead4u (04-07-12), kipong (09-28-11)
Old 08-21-11, 12:02 AM

nelnehal has a spectacular aura aboutnelnehal has a spectacular aura about

i still dont know the way home from the city.......and i get lost most of time
i have misplaced 40 bank cards and replaced them, and then found my old ones
i lose my spectacles almost everyday and spend 30 minutes finding

and ofcourse the cell phone thing......
i definitely lose my cell phone once a week, and the battery is always dead when i do
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to nelnehal For This Useful Post:
homestead4u (04-07-12), Ravenstar (12-28-13)
Old 08-21-11, 01:04 AM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 10,756 Times in 5,796 Posts
Rebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond repute

ive done that lost a debit card or license wwent down and got a new 1 spent money I didnt have or needed to be spent and found it when i got home. When the simplest thing that messes us up happens to us and it feels like the end of the world or 3 things goes wrong and it be like nothing to other people but you feel like ripping your shirt to rags and crying.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Rebelyell For This Useful Post:
anders727 (12-26-14), holmracing (08-21-11), homestead4u (04-07-12)
Old 08-21-11, 01:06 AM
ADDvanced Forum Guru

PinkRoxy is a name known to allPinkRoxy is a name known to allPinkRoxy is a name known to allPinkRoxy is a name known to allPinkRoxy is a name known to allPinkRoxy is a name known to allPinkRoxy is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebelyell View Post
ive done that lost a debit card or license wwent down and got a new 1 spent money I didnt have or needed to be spent and found it when i got home. When the simplest thing that messes us up happens to us and it feels like the end of the world or 3 things goes wrong and it be like nothing to other people but you feel like ripping your shirt to rags and crying.
Aww honey I know the feeling and its frustrating.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PinkRoxy For This Useful Post:
homestead4u (04-07-12), Rebelyell (08-21-11)
Old 08-23-11, 04:00 AM
ADDvanced Contributor

ADDinHDefgHi?! has much to be proud ofADDinHDefgHi?! has much to be proud ofADDinHDefgHi?! has much to be proud ofADDinHDefgHi?! has much to be proud ofADDinHDefgHi?! has much to be proud ofADDinHDefgHi?! has much to be proud ofADDinHDefgHi?! has much to be proud ofADDinHDefgHi?! has much to be proud ofADDinHDefgHi?! has much to be proud ofADDinHDefgHi?! has much to be proud of

when people in your life who used to doubt you when you said you thought you may have ADHD now beg you to take your meds regularly since they now see the difference.

(My Mom and Girlfriend can both tell when I don't take my Ritalin and encourage me to take it the second they notice I forgot to take it.)
“I hate turkeys. If you stand in the meat section at the grocery store long enough, you start to get mad at turkeys. There's turkey ham, turkey bologna, turkey pastrami,...someone needs to tell the turkey, man, just be yourself!”
-Mitch Hedberg

“My nephew has HDADHD. High Definition Attention Deficit Disorder. He can barely pay attention, but when he does it's unbelievably clear.”
-Steven Wright

"Consistency is the last refuge of the unimaginative."
-Oscar Wilde
The Following User Says Thank You to ADDinHDefgHi?! For This Useful Post:
Rebelyell (08-24-11)
Old 08-23-11, 04:43 AM
ADDvanced Member

Honeybadger will become famous soon enough

When you refuse to start reading this thread because you know you will wind up reading it for half an hour, and you should have been in bed an hour ago!
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Honeybadger For This Useful Post:
betweendreams (08-06-12), donnzmail (06-16-13), dopaminerush (02-23-17), Forgot my brain (12-05-11), gracious_mama (04-09-12), homestead4u (04-07-12), pechemignonne (08-24-11), PixelAngelBaby (01-03-13)
Old 08-23-11, 05:08 AM
ADDvanced Member

hoolio has a spectacular aura abouthoolio has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by eeyore View Post
You are looking for the receipt for the expensive device that broke while under warranty

You dig through piles of random paper with many random receipts for random trips to the grocery store thrown in, but the important receipt you are looking for is nowhere to be found
When your fm transmitter is broken but you just keep fiddling with the wires to get it working... for months on end, before remembering that you are pretty sure you paid extra money for the "full replacement warranty". So you finally get around to taking it in... only to find out the warranty expired the week before!

Then proceed to get so ****ed at the store that you immediately go to the other store in the mall and buy the most expensive one you see because it has cool extra's that you will never use anyway...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Conman View Post
when you say things that were meant to stay in thought bubbles
When you have to ask yourself "did I say that out loud" because you really aren't sure.... often enough that people who know you well have started saying "yes, that was out loud" when things slip out that they are sure you hadn't intended to say...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honeybadger View Post
When you refuse to start reading this thread because you know you will wind up reading it for half an hour, and you should have been in bed an hour ago!
....I have to be up in 3 hours! Arrggghhh!

... when you are up half the night looking for the ADHD self assessment quiz you did online because you can't remember where you put it after forgetting to take it into your pdoc months ago...

...finally find it and decide to go the website and take it again just to see if your answers are different (they weren't)...

...and somehow end up on this forum reading the "you know you have ADHD when..." board in some last ditch effort to prove all your research/self-assessments/family & friend assessments of you are wrong (knowing they are not, especially after being able to relate to almost every post!!)...

...all because you have an appointment tomorrow (if I can get up in time) to finally have the pdoc decide on a diagnosis (and likely a "trial" on meds) after saying for months "its highly likely but lets deal with the depression first" and you are really not sure how you feel about that....

Hope all that rambling made sense!
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to hoolio For This Useful Post:
anders727 (12-26-14), be0lie0ves (03-28-12), homestead4u (04-07-12), PixelAngelBaby (01-03-13), Rebelyell (08-24-11), Unmanagable (08-24-11)
Old 08-23-11, 05:15 AM
ADDvanced Forum Guru

PinkRoxy is a name known to allPinkRoxy is a name known to allPinkRoxy is a name known to allPinkRoxy is a name known to allPinkRoxy is a name known to allPinkRoxy is a name known to allPinkRoxy is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by eeyore View Post
you have a "special toothbrush" for cleaning the hard to reach places on your toilet.

you keep this toothbrush on the floor behind the toilet so you will not accidentally use it to brush your teeth.

During one of the rare times you clean behind the toilet, you pick up the the "special toothbrush" and put it on the counter next to the sink.

your "special toothbrush" stays on the counter next to the sink until the next morning - when you pick it up and start brushing your teeth with it
LOL eeww... Im so sorry t hear you did that.
Old 08-23-11, 06:17 PM
ADDvanced Member

danpan is just really nicedanpan is just really nicedanpan is just really nicedanpan is just really nice

My phone sleeps for days, sometimes. "Why didn't you answer your phone," they ask. "Because it was dead," I reply, baffled that they don't understand how repetitive it is to charge a phone day, after day, after day.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to danpan For This Useful Post:
catrenn (10-27-12), pechemignonne (08-24-11), PixelAngelBaby (01-03-13)
Old 08-24-11, 01:09 AM
Contributor

holmracing is a glorious beacon of lightholmracing is a glorious beacon of lightholmracing is a glorious beacon of lightholmracing is a glorious beacon of lightholmracing is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by danpan View Post
My phone sleeps for days, sometimes. "Why didn't you answer your phone," they ask. "Because it was dead," I reply, baffled that they don't understand how repetitive it is to charge a phone day, after day, after day.
I just not only forgot to charge my cell phone but lost it for over a week! After spending two days searching for it my husband found it still in my sweatshirt pocket that i had worn the last time i had it! It was sitting on the floor of my bedroom! Thank god i hadn't done laundry yet! That would of sucked!!!!
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to holmracing For This Useful Post:
be0lie0ves (03-28-12), homestead4u (04-07-12), pechemignonne (08-24-11), Rebelyell (08-24-11)
Old 08-24-11, 05:06 AM

ellipse is on a distinguished road

..dammit I had something to post!

..ooh I know! ****..

ahh I got one. when you try and post something and loose your train
I mean train of thought!
Old 08-24-11, 07:01 AM
ADDvanced Contributor

ADDinHDefgHi?! has much to be proud ofADDinHDefgHi?! has much to be proud ofADDinHDefgHi?! has much to be proud ofADDinHDefgHi?! has much to be proud ofADDinHDefgHi?! has much to be proud ofADDinHDefgHi?! has much to be proud ofADDinHDefgHi?! has much to be proud ofADDinHDefgHi?! has much to be proud ofADDinHDefgHi?! has much to be proud ofADDinHDefgHi?! has much to be proud of

When you have six keys on your keychain that you no longer need, you've had these keys for years and just now realized it when it took you five minutes to find your house key. (I have keys from three old apartments and two different places that I no longer work at on my keychain, I have no use for these extra keys.)

When you go to Wal Mart to buy some antacid and become absolutely shocked at how cheap everything is (I don't go to Wal Mart often, I don't live near one), wander around the whole store shocked by the low prices, spend thirty minutes looking at cheap watches then leave the store without buying anything. Driving away you realize you forgot the antacid you went to the store for, and that you're late for an appointment. (happened yesterday)

You google directions to a rehearsal you need to go to, you write them down since you ran out of ink and can't print them (I always forget to buy the ink for my printer). You follow the directions and end up at the opposite end of the town you're supposed to rehearse in. You later realize you followed the directions right but googled the wrong address. Later you realize you have a GPS system on your phone that you could have used. And of course you were a half hour late.

People frequently ask "Is something wrong?" when you are feeling fine but apparently appear lost in your own little world. This innocent question infuriates you and you spend half the day dwelling on it, thinking "Why did she ask if something was wrong? I was just standing there looking at the patterns on the floor...."

When people ask you "So, what's your plan?" your whole being suddenly becomes lost for words and you feel like one big question mark that is in dire need of good running shoes because these conversations rarely end well and you know it's just a waste of time to talk about planning.

When you owe money to every major bank in your city.

When you think they should rename the 99 cents store the 20 dollar store because everytime you go there you buy 19 things you don't need just because they're 99cents and you only bought one of the things you meant to buy.

When you hear people complaining about having to take three or four pills a day when they're sick and you think to yourself "If these people knew how many pills I took on a regular non sick day they'd send me to rehab!" even though they're all prescribed meds that you take to prevent you from ending up in rehab or the psychiatric ward!

When it's almost four am and you're watching Law and Order and typing on an ADD forum and are looking forward to eating toast when you finish posting this! And you know it'll be at least another hour until you're tired enough to start trying to sleep....

When you're reading all the posts and can relate to every single one of them but after every three or four posts you find yourself staring at the tv thinking "wait, what was I doing? Oh yeah, I was reading!" then you watch tv for another fifteen minutes.
“I hate turkeys. If you stand in the meat section at the grocery store long enough, you start to get mad at turkeys. There's turkey ham, turkey bologna, turkey pastrami,...someone needs to tell the turkey, man, just be yourself!”
-Mitch Hedberg

“My nephew has HDADHD. High Definition Attention Deficit Disorder. He can barely pay attention, but when he does it's unbelievably clear.”
-Steven Wright

"Consistency is the last refuge of the unimaginative."
-Oscar Wilde
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to ADDinHDefgHi?! For This Useful Post:
Harbinger (08-24-11), hoolio (08-25-11), LaMbaL (12-20-11), pechemignonne (08-24-11), Phoenix Ash (09-22-12), Purple16 (12-04-13)