ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > ADDF Lounge > Chit-Chat
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Old 07-10-18, 07:10 PM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 25,988 Times in 12,126 Posts
Lunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond repute
Re: The what's bothering you RIGHT NOW thread Part V

Sorting through some odd feelings here. The **** who became my ex's mistress
died a couple of days ago. At least she finally stopped calling herself his 'widow'
... he never married her, even after I divorced him. He had 13 months to do
that between the divorce decree and his death. No one to resent anymore ...

As far as I know, there is nothing positive about ADHD that people can't have w out ADHD. ~ ADD me
The Following User Says Thank You to Lunacie For This Useful Post:
acdc01 (07-10-18)
Old 07-10-18, 11:24 PM

Thanked 3,978 Times in 2,047 Posts
acdc01 has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by midnightstar View Post
I was getting help months back but the charity can only offer a limited number of sessions so until I pass my driving test I'm stuck because I can't get anywhere :/

The buses suck :/
Do the bus routes not take you to where you need to go? What about biking or walking?
The Following User Says Thank You to acdc01 For This Useful Post:
midnightstar (07-11-18)
Old 07-11-18, 02:25 AM
Purriendly feline moderator

Thanked 22,729 Times in 13,424 Posts
midnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by acdc01 View Post
Do the bus routes not take you to where you need to go? What about biking or walking?

The buses stop running too early and some places can't be got to on foot or by bike (too dangerous a road, cars go along there at 60 miles an hour and there's no lighting down there)
Ebony (1st January 2014 - 2nd March 2018)
Tigger (31st October 2014 - current)
Willow (3rd November 2018 - current)
"No human should ever hurt an animal" Jessie, Animal Farm

Sponsored Links
Old 07-11-18, 12:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by midnightstar View Post
The buses stop running too early and some places can't be got to on foot or by bike (too dangerous a road, cars go along there at 60 miles an hour and there's no lighting down there)
That's too bad. UK must be different than US, or at least my city. If there's a morning peak hour bus, there usually is an evening peak hour bus to go along with it at minimum where I live.
midnightstar (07-11-18)
Old 07-11-18, 02:34 PM

Lunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by acdc01 View Post
That's too bad. UK must be different than US, or at least my city. If there's a morning peak hour bus, there usually is an evening peak hour bus to go along with it at minimum where I live.
In Wichita we see the city buses heading back to their parking lot at 6 pm.
They don't run on Sunday or holidays.
There is no public transportation in any of the suburbs. I live in a suburb.

As far as I know, there is nothing positive about ADHD that people can't have w out ADHD. ~ ADD me
midnightstar (07-11-18)
Old 07-11-18, 05:28 PM
e-(((hug))) extraordinaire!

Thanked 15,242 Times in 7,590 Posts
psychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond repute

I'm too ******* tired...too ******* often.

And lately I've finally been feeling more awake and active...just as the rest of the world is headed to bed.

Adderall doesn't touch this level of tired. It sure makes for good naps though! lol

/sigh...

(((((((MOM)))))))
I Miss You.

The Following User Says Thank You to psychopathetic For This Useful Post:
Lunacie (07-11-18)
Old 07-11-18, 06:37 PM

Thanked 4,093 Times in 1,981 Posts
willow129 has a reputation beyond reputewillow129 has a reputation beyond reputewillow129 has a reputation beyond reputewillow129 has a reputation beyond reputewillow129 has a reputation beyond reputewillow129 has a reputation beyond reputewillow129 has a reputation beyond reputewillow129 has a reputation beyond reputewillow129 has a reputation beyond reputewillow129 has a reputation beyond reputewillow129 has a reputation beyond repute

When I got back from my gig in the south, there was something wrong with Oliver. He had been acting a little odd recently but my cat sitter said he didn’t eat while we were gone. He seemed to be in pain when I got back and his chin looked funny, like maybe swollen. He hissed and growled when I tried to get him to eat and sometimes when I would pet him he would shrink away like I’d slapped him. I did get him to sit with me and let me pet him the morning after I got back and he was drooling which was super weird. He has really bad teeth so I thought immediately that it was that, like, a cavity gone haywire.

Anyways, got him to the vet this morning. She said his saliva gland is swollen, so probably infected. She thinks it’s from the cavities. He had a tiny little fever. They gave him a shot of antibiotics and gave me pain meds to give to him with a syringe in his mouth. That took both boyfriend and me and he hissed and growled the first time we tried.

The hissing and growling is VERY unusual. He is a very mild and chill cat, so I know he is really really uncomfortable.

Anyways, he is going to have some insanely expensive dental surgery (sigh I really wish it didn’t cost so much) in about a week, for 2 very large cavities, get those teeth out, and fix up the saliva gland too.

Poor kitty.

BUT he was still happy that I was home and trying to be cuddly, and now I think the pain meds are helping and he is much more himself and ate up half a can.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to willow129 For This Useful Post:
Greyhound1 (07-11-18), Lunacie (07-11-18)
Old 07-11-18, 07:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by psychopathetic View Post
I'm too ******* tired...too ******* often.

And lately I've finally been feeling more awake and active...just as the rest of the world is headed to bed.

Adderall doesn't touch this level of tired. It sure makes for good naps though! lol

/sigh...
For most of my life I was a night owl.

It's been migraine weather here for a couple of weeks, and the meds and the
pain make me sleepy, so yeah ... naps.

Old 07-11-18, 07:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by willow129 View Post
When I got back from my gig in the south, there was something wrong with Oliver. He had been acting a little odd recently but my cat sitter said he didnít eat while we were gone. He seemed to be in pain when I got back and his chin looked funny, like maybe swollen. He hissed and growled when I tried to get him to eat and sometimes when I would pet him he would shrink away like Iíd slapped him. I did get him to sit with me and let me pet him the morning after I got back and he was drooling which was super weird. He has really bad teeth so I thought immediately that it was that, like, a cavity gone haywire.

Anyways, got him to the vet this morning. She said his saliva gland is swollen, so probably infected. She thinks itís from the cavities. He had a tiny little fever. They gave him a shot of antibiotics and gave me pain meds to give to him with a syringe in his mouth. That took both boyfriend and me and he hissed and growled the first time we tried.

The hissing and growling is VERY unusual. He is a very mild and chill cat, so I know he is really really uncomfortable.

Anyways, he is going to have some insanely expensive dental surgery (sigh I really wish it didnít cost so much) in about a week, for 2 very large cavities, get those teeth out, and fix up the saliva gland too.

Poor kitty.

BUT he was still happy that I was home and trying to be cuddly, and now I think the pain meds are helping and he is much more himself and ate up half a can.
I've gone through this with several dogs, but never a cat. I know it's scary.

willow129 (07-12-18)
Old 07-11-18, 07:23 PM
Mind Racing Moderator

Thanked 15,205 Times in 7,320 Posts
Greyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by willow129 View Post
When I got back from my gig in the south, there was something wrong with Oliver. He had been acting a little odd recently but my cat sitter said he didnít eat while we were gone. He seemed to be in pain when I got back and his chin looked funny, like maybe swollen. He hissed and growled when I tried to get him to eat and sometimes when I would pet him he would shrink away like Iíd slapped him. I did get him to sit with me and let me pet him the morning after I got back and he was drooling which was super weird. He has really bad teeth so I thought immediately that it was that, like, a cavity gone haywire.

Anyways, got him to the vet this morning. She said his saliva gland is swollen, so probably infected. She thinks itís from the cavities. He had a tiny little fever. They gave him a shot of antibiotics and gave me pain meds to give to him with a syringe in his mouth. That took both boyfriend and me and he hissed and growled the first time we tried.

Anyways, he is going to have some insanely expensive dental surgery (sigh I really wish it didnít cost so much) in about a week, for 2 very large cavities, get those teeth out, and fix up the saliva gland too.

Poor kitty.

Iím sorry Oliver has to have an insanely expensive surgery. You may want to check with your local animal shelters and rescue groups. The shelter where we got Blaze our last cat offered lots of vet. services at greatly reduced rates.

They are funded mainly by adoption fees and donations and their vet. services are significantly less than going to a traditional veterinarian. Even if your shelters donít offer any vet. services they can usually recommend veterinarians they work with and hopefully you can save some money.

Best of luck getting Oliver fixed up without breaking the bank.
The Following User Says Thank You to Greyhound1 For This Useful Post:
Little Missy (07-11-18)
Old 07-12-18, 03:26 AM
Purriendly feline moderator

Thanked 22,729 Times in 13,424 Posts
midnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond repute

Willow I hope Oliver's surgery goes well
Ebony (1st January 2014 - 2nd March 2018)
Tigger (31st October 2014 - current)
Willow (3rd November 2018 - current)
"No human should ever hurt an animal" Jessie, Animal Farm

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to midnightstar For This Useful Post:
Lunacie (07-12-18), willow129 (07-14-18)
Old 07-12-18, 11:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lunacie View Post
In Wichita we see the city buses heading back to their parking lot at 6 pm.
They don't run on Sunday or holidays.
There is no public transportation in any of the suburbs. I live in a suburb.
Ironically the local news this morning says that Wichita transit is going to offer
bus service to four of the suburbs including mine.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Lunacie For This Useful Post:
psychopathetic (07-13-18), willow129 (07-12-18)
Old 07-12-18, 11:31 AM
e-(((hug))) extraordinaire!

Thanked 15,242 Times in 7,590 Posts
psychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond repute

(((((((MOM)))))))
I Miss You.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to psychopathetic For This Useful Post:
Little Missy (07-12-18), Lunacie (07-12-18), willow129 (07-12-18)
Old 07-12-18, 03:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lunacie View Post
Ironically the local news this morning says that Wichita transit is going to offer
bus service to four of the suburbs including mine.
I live in an urban area so it was hard for me to picture this. I can pretty much get anywhere within my metro area including suburbs by transit, walking, and biking.
Lunacie (07-12-18)
Old 07-12-18, 06:45 PM

Thanked 4,093 Times in 1,981 Posts
willow129 has a reputation beyond reputewillow129 has a reputation beyond reputewillow129 has a reputation beyond reputewillow129 has a reputation beyond reputewillow129 has a reputation beyond reputewillow129 has a reputation beyond reputewillow129 has a reputation beyond reputewillow129 has a reputation beyond reputewillow129 has a reputation beyond reputewillow129 has a reputation beyond reputewillow129 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greyhound1 View Post
Iím sorry Oliver has to have an insanely expensive surgery. You may want to check with your local animal shelters and rescue groups. The shelter where we got Blaze our last cat offered lots of vet. services at greatly reduced rates.

They are funded mainly by adoption fees and donations and their vet. services are significantly less than going to a traditional veterinarian. Even if your shelters donít offer any vet. services they can usually recommend veterinarians they work with and hopefully you can save some money.

Best of luck getting Oliver fixed up without breaking the bank.
Thanks for the well wishes and advice!

I always wonder with stuff like this, am I being dumb taking the expensive estimate? Price shopping is so hard for me, itís nerve wracking to talk to people and make several appointments, and usually the ones who are charging a lot donít want you to go elsewhere too.

Maybe I should look into other options...I do think this vet is good, not that I have any experience, but she seems very thorough to me, and they are really good at getting back to me quickly about things and getting me in very quickly too. And actually, I did save money at the beginning going to her because where I adopted Oliver, there were a bunch of places that had a deal with my shelter where if you get set up with a vet and get a check up appointment within 2 weeks of adopting your pet, the shelter would cover the cost of the visit and I think a couple other things.

This is really expensive though.

The other thing is, I can get this credit card thing to pay it off in pieces, but you get slapped real hard if your late on any payment, so i think that would not be good with my brain. I think itís better one and done. I can afford it, Iíve done well with my savings, itís just that itís basically all the gig money Iíll make this summer, plus, which kinda sucks 😕 but I wonít be left penniless.

BUT, at the moment, Oliver is doing much better! Heís being playful again, he kind of rough house bites my hands or ankles - and heíll start to get frisky and bitey but then I see that he has to be very careful about it. And he also likes to give me baths haha but he is being careful about licking too. But the pain meds are clearly helping for now and he is definitely happier.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to willow129 For This Useful Post:
Lunacie (07-12-18), peripatetic (07-14-18)