ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > TREATMENT & MANAGEMENT > Medications > Adderall
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Adderall (four amphetamine salts)

Old 07-11-18, 12:12 PM

tomgrouncontrol will become famous soon enough
Arrow Adderall/Amph linked to blurry vision, diabetes?

Might not have been eating well. But the signs are here, although very mild, I've noticed my vision in my right eye getting blurry later on the day. It might just be tired but blood vessels are also a little noticeable after taking Amphetamine. It's the only 17mg, but I also sometimes take coffee 6 hours after taking it. I've also been taking it before breakfast, I used to be lightly diabetic (not professionally diagnosed) since I get tired here and there.

My question is, can the meds be affecting my vision? Since it's a stimulant blood flow is increased and it might be messing with the veins on my right eye. Though my right eye has a very small burst blood vessel (that could be contributing to it) I think an increase in blood pressure is bad.

I guess the other question is, how can I lower my blood pressure without getting off on Amph? It's worked well for me and 17mg isn't even a big dose.
Old 07-11-18, 01:09 PM
Contributor

Funky1 is a glorious beacon of lightFunky1 is a glorious beacon of lightFunky1 is a glorious beacon of lightFunky1 is a glorious beacon of lightFunky1 is a glorious beacon of lightFunky1 is a glorious beacon of light
Re: Adderall/Amph linked to blurry vision, diabetes?

I have been experiencing something very similar to this, though I take Dex and not Adderall. It never fails though, when I take all of my meds throughout the day, by the end of the day my vision feels very strained, and I have a very difficult time transitioning from looking at things up close to looking at things far off. I had an eye check recently, the doctor swears there's absolutely nothing wrong with my eyes, and I still have 20/20 vision surprisingly enough.

I assume it's something physiological that the meds do throughout the day, but I would be curious to see exactly what's going on, and to confirm that it's not doing any damage.
Old 07-11-18, 07:47 PM
Mind Racing Moderator

Thanked 14,463 Times in 6,937 Posts
Greyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond repute

Please check with your Dr. about it but blurred vision can be a side effect of stimulants.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cleveland Clinic
Visual disturbances such as blurred vision may occur with stimulant therapy. https://my.clevelandclinic.org/healt...isks--benefits
Sponsored Links
Old Today, 11:00 AM

tomgrouncontrol will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greyhound1 View Post
Please check with your Dr. about it but blurred vision can be a side effect of stimulants.
Of course I'll ask my doc. Sometimes there are complications like the time in between so I'd like to know if anyone else experienced this. Then I take what they've advice on and see if it makes sense.
Old Today, 12:53 PM
Mod-A-holic

Thanked 31,450 Times in 14,478 Posts
sarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomgrouncontrol View Post
Of course I'll ask my doc. Sometimes there are complications like the time in between so I'd like to know if anyone else experienced this. Then I take what they've advice on and see if it makes sense.
I cant speak for Greyhound but I think he was urging you due to the fact that blurry vision can be dangerous whether or not its linked to adderall. You would be surprised at how many people wont call their doctor but ask for medical advice here.

I carried a watermelon?