ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > ADULTS AND ADD/ADHD > Careers/Job Impact
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Careers/Job Impact This forum is for adults to discuss how AD/HD affects work and career.

Old 08-17-18, 04:54 PM
Contributor

LyrinMeow is a splendid one to beholdLyrinMeow is a splendid one to beholdLyrinMeow is a splendid one to beholdLyrinMeow is a splendid one to beholdLyrinMeow is a splendid one to beholdLyrinMeow is a splendid one to beholdLyrinMeow is a splendid one to beholdLyrinMeow is a splendid one to behold
Re: Written up a work

Well I'm not entirely sure. Boss left. Replaced by another boss. Who is now leaving. Working on boss number 3. I'm hoping to sneak under the radar. There have been soooo many changes at work. I'm having trouble keeping up with them. New bosses, moved floors, new team, we are agile scrum entirely now.

So I guess the answer is thing have changed but I'm not entirely sure they have gotten better. Just got belittled today as a matter of fact.

Thanks for asking!
The Following User Says Thank You to LyrinMeow For This Useful Post:
stef (08-17-18)
Old 08-17-18, 06:31 PM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 1,561 Times in 861 Posts
finallyfound10 has a reputation beyond reputefinallyfound10 has a reputation beyond reputefinallyfound10 has a reputation beyond reputefinallyfound10 has a reputation beyond reputefinallyfound10 has a reputation beyond reputefinallyfound10 has a reputation beyond reputefinallyfound10 has a reputation beyond reputefinallyfound10 has a reputation beyond reputefinallyfound10 has a reputation beyond reputefinallyfound10 has a reputation beyond reputefinallyfound10 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by LyrinMeow View Post
Well I'm not entirely sure. Boss left. Replaced by another boss. Who is now leaving. Working on boss number 3. I'm hoping to sneak under the radar. There have been soooo many changes at work. I'm having trouble keeping up with them. New bosses, moved floors, new team, we are agile scrum entirely now.

So I guess the answer is thing have changed but I'm not entirely sure they have gotten better. Just got belittled today as a matter of fact.

Thanks for asking!

I think that kind of work environment is better for us in that there are bigger fish to fry so they don't pay too much attention to our issues unless it's really bad. I've experienced that in some of the jobs I've had though they weren't corporate settings.
Shame derives it's power from being unspeakable.
Shame corrodes the very part of us that believes we are capable of change.
Shame cannot survive being spoken. It can't survive empathy.

Old 10-17-18, 11:19 PM
Contributor

Lloyd_ is a glorious beacon of lightLloyd_ is a glorious beacon of lightLloyd_ is a glorious beacon of lightLloyd_ is a glorious beacon of lightLloyd_ is a glorious beacon of lightLloyd_ is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by LyrinMeow View Post
So I'm utterly distraught. I'm mostly whatevs but I got written up at work. I had two bad instances in a couple month period. Already was told, short discussion. A few months ago. I won't go into real details because I don't know the laws. So I get called in to sign a paper saying I messed 2 things up. 1) Being too slow (by 3 hours actually. I hit the milestone 3 hours late) and 2) kept missing stupid little details (YAY ADD) in a 400k document that they wanted done in a day. They say I told them that they could have it in a day. No. I said I'd see what I could do once I saw what was broken. I'm learning to avoid time frames like the plague. "How long will..." "Full specs, please."

So fine I have to meet with my boss once a week. Ok fine now I have to keep my time basically by the minute. (i hear other people are being told to do this too for what it' worth. Not sure what they did to **** them off) So for safety's sake so I don't scream at anyone tomorrow so I'm working from home tomorrow to cool down. THEN I was told "ok you can do that but you have to call in through the day" I have worked from home HOW many times over 3 and a half years and HOW many times have I ever been unreachable? None. I was trouble shooting a problem for a coworker in my doctors waiting room one day ffs. Its getting absolutely absurd. I'm not perfect and I will make mistakes but this seems like throwing out the baby with the bathwater.

"What went wrong here?" "This list of things." "Ok lets fix those things." Problem solved.

It's far easier to deal with people when you don't make their job the Spanish Inquisition.
Sounds to me one of your higher ups wants to get rid of you because he/she doesn't like you so he/she is trying to find any lame excuse to terminate you, not your fault, it happens sometimes to where you're going to meet and have to work with people who just for whatever stupid reason do not like you, it's happened to me before and they're people whom I preferred to not work with simply because I don't like how they run things, you're better off in those cases doing things that works best for you even if your supervisor doesn't want you to as long as you get the same results, **** em is what I say, you'll usually end up worse off trying to do it their way and make more mistakes as opposed to insubordination, you'll be surprised sometimes when you 'size someone up' how quickly the other person will back down, but of course as the saying goes you need to learn to 'pick and choose' your battles wisely, we're just conditioned due to our various intellectual malfunctions to cower down to any a'hole.

I'll also let you in on a little secret, ok? Everyone ****s up at work, it's just that you'll never hear about it when your boss does or perhaps you'll be the one that is always cleaning up after them as so happens to me but I mess up all the time and they're things I'm better at than not, some people are probably better at your job than you are BUT they're probably a lot more people who are just ****ups to don't care who do your job waaaay worse.

Just a few things to put into perspective.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Lloyd_ For This Useful Post:
Fuzzy12 (10-18-18), Little Missy (10-19-18)
Sponsored Links
Old 10-18-18, 10:46 PM
ADDvanced Member

SashaBV will become famous soon enough

I remember one job I had. I was written up once, apparently many were. The supervisor had bosses above her, of course. When she left (I think she was fired), she took the paperwork with her on the write-ups. Later on, the new supervisor asked me what I was written up for. It was maybe a year later and I said I don't remember. I'm no fool. They were trying to get the workers over a certain age out at that point. Nobody was fired unless they they were getting older (older = higher wage). That's a thing...they'd rather hire younger inexperienced people so wages are lower, plus avoiding paying retirement benefits later on, you know?