ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > ADULTS AND ADD/ADHD > Adults with ADD > Men with ADD/ADHD
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Men with ADD/ADHD This forum is for men to discuss issues related to being a man with AD/HD.

Old 08-18-18, 11:44 PM

GAM1988 is on a distinguished road
Dosage Working F/T and Studying

Hi Everyone,

Im new to this forum. Im looking for peoples thoughts

Background
Diagnosed with ADHD at 4YO
Started on Dexedrine at 6yo (1 morning 1 at lunch) through school.
Stoped at 13yo (own decision, embarrassed about taking medication)

To Date
I have struggled with my ADHD all my life it has impacted my work and previous study (Tafe level)
I attempted to start uni at the beginning of the year but couldn't concentrate and work life got worse.

I decided to seek getting put back on my medication and will be getting my script this week.

Here is my situation i work from 8am to 4pm then study in the evening (restarting uni next month). as i will be taking one at 7am (with Breakfast) and the second at lunchtime (base on the psychs initial plans) i feel im going to crash and burn before i get to study time.

i get up at 6am and usually go to bed around 9/10pm
after reading a lot on here. Im going to propose to her possible dosage 3 times a day to assist with both.
EG 7am, 12pm and 4/5pm

2 times worked well when i was younger because school was only 9am to 3pm.

I just want to get peoples thoughts on how their dosage works for them when they work full-time and study too?
Old 08-19-18, 06:47 AM
Mod-A-holic

Thanked 32,055 Times in 14,825 Posts
sarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Dosage Working F/T and Studying

Will it be IR or ER? If you go back to dex they make dex spansules. You could get on a combo of dex ir and dex spansules.

I carried a watermelon?
Old 08-19-18, 10:34 PM

I believe it is IR.

Im just concerned that if I only take 2 dosages a day I will crash and burn before I start to study in the evening. I read that it is only effective for 4-5hours.

so if I take one before work and 1 around lunch it will be ineffective when its time to study after work:-(

Need a clear brain from 7am until at least 8pm :-$
Sponsored Links
Old 08-20-18, 02:13 AM
ADDvanced Contributor

CharlesH is a name known to allCharlesH is a name known to allCharlesH is a name known to allCharlesH is a name known to allCharlesH is a name known to allCharlesH is a name known to allCharlesH is a name known to all

It's common for people to take 3 IR doses (morning, noon, early evening) or an XR dose in the morning followed by an IR booster dose in the early evening.
Old 08-20-18, 04:55 AM
Mod-A-holic

Thanked 32,055 Times in 14,825 Posts
sarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond repute

I am a fan of the xr/ir combo.

I carried a watermelon?
Old 09-01-18, 06:58 PM

Im now trialing 5mg 3 times a day. I'm still trying to work out the effectiveness at this point. I have noticed a great difference in behaviour, concentration and anxiety already but im not sure its where it needs to yet. I feel it is still touch and go.

I have spoken to the DR and I am trialing the 3 a day up from the 2 a day. I have pushed out the next dosage review for 3 weeks to give it time. I have talked about uping it to 10mg per dose with the idea if feels to be too much i can half it to 7.5mg.

how much do others take that are only on IR?

What are the differences that people found between underdosage, the sweet spot and over dosage?
Old 09-01-18, 11:53 PM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 6,122 Times in 2,885 Posts
Kunga Dorji has a reputation beyond reputeKunga Dorji has a reputation beyond reputeKunga Dorji has a reputation beyond reputeKunga Dorji has a reputation beyond reputeKunga Dorji has a reputation beyond reputeKunga Dorji has a reputation beyond reputeKunga Dorji has a reputation beyond reputeKunga Dorji has a reputation beyond reputeKunga Dorji has a reputation beyond reputeKunga Dorji has a reputation beyond reputeKunga Dorji has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by GAM1988 View Post
Im now trialing 5mg 3 times a day. I'm still trying to work out the effectiveness at this point. I have noticed a great difference in behaviour, concentration and anxiety already but im not sure its where it needs to yet. I feel it is still touch and go.

I have spoken to the DR and I am trialing the 3 a day up from the 2 a day. I have pushed out the next dosage review for 3 weeks to give it time. I have talked about uping it to 10mg per dose with the idea if feels to be too much i can half it to 7.5mg.

how much do others take that are only on IR?

What are the differences that people found between underdosage, the sweet spot and over dosage?

Now15mg twice daily.
It was 50mg distributed over 4 doses, but I no longer need that level.
I often take only 15mg as a single daily dose.

Whenever you see a crowd all rushing in the same direction on any one issue, run in the opposite direction.

There is neither fun nor profit to be had in polishing the brass knobs on a bandwagon.
Nicholas Nasseem Taleb.