ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > ADDF Lounge > Chit-Chat
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Old 11-19-17, 01:16 AM

Thanked 34,026 Times in 15,406 Posts
peripatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond repute
Re: What Made You Smile Today?

my small girl has developed this new, lower timbre laugh that totally cracks me up. we were watching puffin rock and every time she'd see baba (he's her favourite...the little brother puffin) she would laugh this deep, rolling laugh.

it's awesome
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to peripatetic For This Useful Post:
Fuzzy12 (11-20-17), Unmanagable (11-20-17), WhiteOwl (11-19-17)
Old 11-19-17, 09:24 AM

FlipperTheWhale is a jewel in the roughFlipperTheWhale is a jewel in the roughFlipperTheWhale is a jewel in the rough

I let my cats out this morning. After a while one comes in to encourage me to come out and play with them. I was really tired, but it is a beautiful day out. A cold front is coming through and the winds are kicking. Glad the cat came and got me!
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to FlipperTheWhale For This Useful Post:
aeon (11-19-17), Little Missy (11-19-17), peripatetic (11-19-17), Unmanagable (11-21-17)
Old 11-19-17, 11:39 PM

Thanked 34,026 Times in 15,406 Posts
peripatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond repute

my small girl, after her bath when i was getting her ready for bed, put her hands to my temples and kissed my forehead. then she said "i love you mommy"... she makes my heart burst. i really can't ever leave her...it's, like, i know that intellectually, but when things like tonight happen, i understand it viscerally...
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to peripatetic For This Useful Post:
aeon (11-20-17), FlipperTheWhale (11-20-17), Fuzzy12 (11-20-17), Little Missy (11-20-17), midnightstar (11-20-17), OyVeyKitty (11-20-17), Unmanagable (11-20-17), WhiteOwl (11-19-17), wonderboy (11-19-17)
Sponsored Links
Old 11-20-17, 10:55 AM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 14,555 Times in 6,500 Posts
aeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond repute

spooning...because it just feels so damned good.

Cheers,
Ian
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to aeon For This Useful Post:
FlipperTheWhale (11-20-17), Fuzzy12 (11-20-17), Little Missy (11-20-17), peripatetic (11-20-17), Unmanagable (11-21-17), WhiteOwl (11-20-17)
Old 11-20-17, 05:23 PM
Purriendly feline moderator

Thanked 22,552 Times in 13,322 Posts
midnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond repute

Tigger deciding that her carrier that takes her to and from the vet is her bed
Ebony (1st January 2014 - 2nd March 2018)
Tigger (31st October 2014 - current)
"No human should ever hurt an animal" Jessie, Animal Farm

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to midnightstar For This Useful Post:
FlipperTheWhale (11-20-17), Unmanagable (11-21-17)
Old 11-21-17, 06:01 PM
Societal Malarkey Sorter

Thanked 17,792 Times in 8,903 Posts
Unmanagable has disabled reputation

The conversations that come about as a result of sharing homemade hula hoops in various areas. Never a dull moment. lol Side effects may include uncontrollable belly laughs while trying to defy gravity.

"You torment yourself wondering how they could not love your burning heart. And the answer darling, you are not the star you thought you were. You are the f******g universe and not everybody is an astronaut." ~Unknown
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Unmanagable For This Useful Post:
aeon (11-21-17), FlipperTheWhale (11-26-17), WhiteOwl (11-25-17)
Old 11-24-17, 09:28 PM

Thanked 1,561 Times in 861 Posts
finallyfound10 has a reputation beyond reputefinallyfound10 has a reputation beyond reputefinallyfound10 has a reputation beyond reputefinallyfound10 has a reputation beyond reputefinallyfound10 has a reputation beyond reputefinallyfound10 has a reputation beyond reputefinallyfound10 has a reputation beyond reputefinallyfound10 has a reputation beyond reputefinallyfound10 has a reputation beyond reputefinallyfound10 has a reputation beyond reputefinallyfound10 has a reputation beyond repute

I PM'd Nicksgonefishin a long time ago to see how he was doing and he just wrote back that he's doing really well!! He got married and has two kids!!
Shame derives it's power from being unspeakable.
Shame corrodes the very part of us that believes we are capable of change.
Shame cannot survive being spoken. It can't survive empathy.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to finallyfound10 For This Useful Post:
aeon (11-25-17), FlipperTheWhale (11-26-17), Fuzzy12 (11-25-17), midnightstar (11-26-17), Unmanagable (11-24-17)
Old 11-25-17, 10:55 AM

Thanked 21,401 Times in 11,478 Posts
Little Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond repute

Do you believe in magic, in a young girl's heart? How the music can free her whenever it starts, and its magic if the spirit is groovy...

dancing in the driveway in the 60's, riding that gold metallic stingray with the furry tiger banana seat...

And in the end, the love you take; is equal to the love you make...Beatles Abbey Road 1969
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Little Missy For This Useful Post:
aeon (11-25-17), FlipperTheWhale (11-26-17), midnightstar (11-26-17)
Old 11-26-17, 03:05 PM
ADDvanced Contributor

Thanked 1,231 Times in 520 Posts
WhiteOwl has much to be proud ofWhiteOwl has much to be proud ofWhiteOwl has much to be proud ofWhiteOwl has much to be proud ofWhiteOwl has much to be proud ofWhiteOwl has much to be proud ofWhiteOwl has much to be proud ofWhiteOwl has much to be proud of

I came into the kitchen to find my daughter took the ham out of the freezer and was starting to open it. I said, "What are you doing? That's for Christmas!" She goes, "Oh, I just wanted some ham. This didn't just happen, you didn't see this!" WTH?!
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to WhiteOwl For This Useful Post:
aeon (11-26-17), FlipperTheWhale (11-26-17), Greyhound1 (11-26-17), Little Missy (11-26-17), midnightstar (11-26-17), OyVeyKitty (11-27-17), stef (11-28-17)
Old 11-26-17, 10:48 PM
Mind Racing Moderator

Thanked 15,043 Times in 7,234 Posts
Greyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond repute

Helping a friend today made me smile. Also, proud of doing something I was unsure I could do.

A great young man who I work with was having major steering problems with his Sonata. Fixing the issues was going to cost him $350 at mechanic shop.

He's only 25 and works very hard to support his wife and their 3 mos. old son and that would be a major setback for them. She works and is also in nursing school.

I am by no means a mechanic but I offered to fix it after researching the problem on YouTube. There was a very common problem with those models and several how to videos. His problem was identical to what the videos mentioned so, I figured and hoped that was it.

I had him order the part and come over today. I had him video everything in case I forgot where things went. Had lots of electrical plugs and panels to remove to get to power steering motor. Even had to disconnect and remove the fuse box and dash gauges to gain access.

Took apart the power steering motor and sure enough, the cheap rubber power steering coupler gear was totally destroyed. We had the right part and replaced it for $4.50 in about 2 hours. The steering feels like new again.

It was tough but very rewarding. I'm still smiling.
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Greyhound1 For This Useful Post:
aeon (11-27-17), FlipperTheWhale (11-26-17), Fuzzy12 (11-27-17), Little Missy (11-26-17), OyVeyKitty (11-27-17), stef (11-28-17), Unmanagable (11-28-17)
Old 11-28-17, 12:59 PM

aeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greyhound1 View Post
Helping a friend today made me smile. Also, proud of doing something I was unsure I could do.

A great young man who I work with was having major steering problems with his Sonata. Fixing the issues was going to cost him $350 at mechanic shop.

He's only 25 and works very hard to support his wife and their 3 mos. old son and that would be a major setback for them. She works and is also in nursing school.

I am by no means a mechanic but I offered to fix it after researching the problem on YouTube. There was a very common problem with those models and several how to videos. His problem was identical to what the videos mentioned so, I figured and hoped that was it.

I had him order the part and come over today. I had him video everything in case I forgot where things went. Had lots of electrical plugs and panels to remove to get to power steering motor. Even had to disconnect and remove the fuse box and dash gauges to gain access.

Took apart the power steering motor and sure enough, the cheap rubber power steering coupler gear was totally destroyed. We had the right part and replaced it for $4.50 in about 2 hours. The steering feels like new again.

It was tough but very rewarding. I'm still smiling.
I really loved reading this post...the first time, and again.

You are doing virtuous work to be sure.

I had some help, but back when Sexy Lexy needed a new timing belt (interference engine, dontcha know), water pump, cam seals, and radiator (among other bits and bobs), it all got done from PDF service manuals and one YouTube video.

And prior to that, the most I had done was brakes and rotors...and a bit of suspension arm stuff to keep the double wishbones flexy on my Sexy Lexy.

But when you do it for someone else...that’s just righteous.

Proper tools and proper documenting as you go along, and you’ll git ’er done.

To a Fellow Petrolhead,
Ian
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to aeon For This Useful Post:
Greyhound1 (11-28-17), Little Missy (11-28-17), stef (11-28-17)
Old 11-28-17, 05:59 PM
ADDvanced Contributor

Thanked 1,231 Times in 520 Posts
WhiteOwl has much to be proud ofWhiteOwl has much to be proud ofWhiteOwl has much to be proud ofWhiteOwl has much to be proud ofWhiteOwl has much to be proud ofWhiteOwl has much to be proud ofWhiteOwl has much to be proud ofWhiteOwl has much to be proud of

My blood pressure. It was actually in the normal range today at my dr. appt. I told him that I was eating healthier and exercising more. He said, "Kudos to you, keep doing what you're doing!" My therapist appt. went well, too. I actually have some clear directions on what to do over the next 2 weeks.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to WhiteOwl For This Useful Post:
aeon (11-28-17), Greyhound1 (11-29-17), Little Missy (11-28-17), stef (11-28-17)
Old 11-28-17, 06:15 PM

I’ve been given the opportunity to make some extra coin and it will be nearly effortless.

That said, it means I will skip a night’s sleep...for the most part.

I said yes.

Why am I smiling? Because I am a fool.

Cheers,
Ian
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to aeon For This Useful Post:
Greyhound1 (11-29-17), Little Missy (11-28-17), WhiteOwl (11-29-17)
Old 11-28-17, 10:21 PM
Mind Racing Moderator

Greyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by aeon View Post
I really loved reading this post...the first time, and again.

You are doing virtuous work to be sure.

I had some help, but back when Sexy Lexy needed a new timing belt (interference engine, dontcha know), water pump, cam seals, and radiator (among other bits and bobs), it all got done from PDF service manuals and one YouTube video.

And prior to that, the most I had done was brakes and rotors...and a bit of suspension arm stuff to keep the double wishbones flexy on my Sexy Lexy.

But when you do it for someone else...that’s just righteous.

Proper tools and proper documenting as you go along, and you’ll git ’er done.

To a Fellow Petrolhead,
Ian
Thanks so much aeon! It made my heart feel good and he is so appreciative that it was well worth it.

Unfortunately, it was probably more about me & feeling good about myself by helping a good friend than being righteous. It made me feel proud of myself.

Thanks for the kind words!
The Following User Says Thank You to Greyhound1 For This Useful Post:
aeon (11-29-17)
Old 11-29-17, 02:01 PM
Mind Racing Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by aeon View Post
I’ve been given the opportunity to make some extra coin and it will be nearly effortless.

That said, it means I will skip a night’s sleep...for the most part.

I said yes.

Why am I smiling? Because I am a fool.

Cheers,
Ian
Male escort?
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Greyhound1 For This Useful Post:
aeon (11-29-17), WhiteOwl (11-29-17)