ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > ADDF Lounge > Chit-Chat
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Old 04-06-18, 06:44 AM
Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 1,353 Times in 782 Posts
Little Nut has much to be proud ofLittle Nut has much to be proud ofLittle Nut has much to be proud ofLittle Nut has much to be proud ofLittle Nut has much to be proud ofLittle Nut has much to be proud ofLittle Nut has much to be proud ofLittle Nut has much to be proud ofLittle Nut has much to be proud of
Re: What Made You Smile Today?

Sucked down a mug of Yirg and I don't need a spatula to get me off of the ceiling....

OTOH...yanno a 2nd mug would be nice.....
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Little Nut For This Useful Post:
psychopathetic (04-06-18), stef (04-06-18)
Old 04-06-18, 07:05 AM
e-(((hug))) extraordinaire!

Thanked 15,036 Times in 7,492 Posts
psychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond repute

I had to google search what yirg was lol.

I think I'd like to buy a really cheap coffee maker and force myself to drink it till I start to like it. I just wish I had something a bit extra to perk me up a little lol

(((((((MOM)))))))
I Miss You.

The Following User Says Thank You to psychopathetic For This Useful Post:
stef (04-06-18)
Old 04-06-18, 08:26 AM
Forum ADDvocate

Little Nut has much to be proud ofLittle Nut has much to be proud ofLittle Nut has much to be proud ofLittle Nut has much to be proud ofLittle Nut has much to be proud ofLittle Nut has much to be proud ofLittle Nut has much to be proud ofLittle Nut has much to be proud ofLittle Nut has much to be proud of

I am restraining the inner coffee geek.......VERY HARD...

I already had a love affair w/ coffee before I ventured further. If you don't really enjoy coffee already, I wouldn't suggest trying to cultivate one.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Little Nut For This Useful Post:
psychopathetic (04-06-18), stef (04-06-18)
Sponsored Links
Old 04-06-18, 10:14 AM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 14,555 Times in 6,500 Posts
aeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by psychopathetic View Post
I think I'd like to buy a really cheap coffee maker and force myself to drink it till I start to like it.
Don’t waste your money.

Starting with a good coffee maker means made right, tastes right, is right.

I got a conical burr grinder and good coffee maker, and right from the start, I could make better coffee than I could buy anywhere around me.

Add something like Illy medium roast and you’ve got the world by the tail.

And for me, with my early-hours befuddled brain, nothing is as sensuously wonderful as fresh-ground coffee beans, with just the right grind. One of life’s (somewhat) simple pleasures.

Cheers,
Ian
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to aeon For This Useful Post:
Little Missy (04-06-18), psychopathetic (04-06-18), stef (04-06-18)
Old 04-06-18, 11:05 AM

psychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond repute

I'm too broke for nice fancy things atm! lol grrr

My dad had a nice keurig machine...wish I still had access to that thing.

I don't hate coffee as is...it's just I need quite a bit of sweetener and cream in it. I think in time if I drank enough of it, I'd be able to adjust to the taste of it to a point where I could start drinking it with less and less sweetener/creamer.

(((((((MOM)))))))
I Miss You.

stef (04-07-18)
Old 04-07-18, 01:28 AM

Thanked 27,025 Times in 13,127 Posts
stef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond repute

Just to finally see some bits of green, looking outside this morning;
I'm certainly going to be a sneezing wreck by this evening, those lovely toxic trees along the boulevards are budding; (I bought zyrtec in case) , I don't even mind, because it just all looks so beautiful.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to stef For This Useful Post:
aeon (04-07-18), Kaia.S (04-07-18), psychopathetic (04-07-18)
Old 04-10-18, 11:05 AM

aeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond repute

I just received my All-Clad Copper Core 4qt. Sauté Pan.

It’s like a jewel, more lovely than I thought it would be.

And the weight...it is satisfyingly heavy. Not cast iron heavy,
but just heavy enough.

The Following User Says Thank You to aeon For This Useful Post:
stef (04-10-18)
Old 04-10-18, 12:00 PM
Forum ADDvocate

Gratz. Break it in w/ a Coq Au Vin? -LN
Old 04-10-18, 12:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little Nut View Post
Gratz. Break it in w/ a Coq Au Vin? -LN
I don’t think so, but your wordplay I find quite tasty.

Cheers,
Ian
stef (04-10-18)
Old 04-10-18, 02:23 PM

My rent went down yet again. I'm always shocked as I hear other neighbors in my apartment complex complain how their rent keeps increasing...but mine keeps decreasing. I've never had an increase.

Every so often they evaluate how much energy we've used, then adjust our rent accordingly...or something like that lol.
I though for sure mine was going to increase because last summer I ran my window air conditioner on high almost 24/7.

Anyhow...that's cool .

(((((((MOM)))))))
I Miss You.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to psychopathetic For This Useful Post:
Lunacie (04-25-18), stef (04-10-18)
Old 04-10-18, 04:28 PM

Thanked 27,025 Times in 13,127 Posts
stef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond repute

The word "yirg" at the top of this page

I just got a bluetooth keyboard that folds up into a small square, and it fits perfectly in the front pocket of this sleeve case thing i have for the kindle, and now i've got a little setup to work anywhere that has wifi
The Following User Says Thank You to stef For This Useful Post:
psychopathetic (04-10-18)
Old 04-10-18, 09:43 PM

So for an initial experiment, I diced and sautéed an onion.

It was beautiful. The distribution of heat was so perfectly even that there were no hot spots, no areas that were cool.

Every bit of onion turned the same golden color.

With a low heat, and I stirred only once.

That's a reason for me to be very excited. And happy.

There's an art to cooking, but there is also a science.

Control over variability leading to consistency and repeatability is a blessing.

It's a sauté pan. And in a way, it's lab ware.

Sometimes the joy of being a nerd cannot be expressed.

Cheers,
Ian
stef (04-10-18)
Old 04-11-18, 05:19 PM

A guy walked into our company with a big box of free Jimmy John’s sandwiches...ham and provolone, turkey breast, and veggie.

I know this will sound cheesy, but for a second I wondered if I had died.

Yay!,
Ian
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to aeon For This Useful Post:
psychopathetic (04-11-18), stef (04-11-18)
Old 04-11-18, 05:57 PM

That's freaking awesome Aeons

I've still not tried JJ's. It is on my wish list though!

(((((((MOM)))))))
I Miss You.

aeon (04-11-18)
Old 04-11-18, 05:58 PM

Old Granny Lun-Luns. She made me smile. Thanks for the shoulder Grams.

(((((((Luns)))))))

(((((((MOM)))))))
I Miss You.

Lunacie (04-25-18)