ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > ADDF Lounge > Chit-Chat
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Old 06-07-18, 09:25 AM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 3,926 Times in 2,021 Posts
acdc01 has disabled reputation
Re: The what's bothering you RIGHT NOW thread Part V

Quote:
Originally Posted by psychopathetic View Post
Okay, did a bit more around my apartment. It's not where I want it...but besides my bathroom, I think that if I took the rest of my gathered up trash out (will be using a friend's truck to make a trip to the dump tomorrow) and vacuumed (and wiped my kitchen counters down)...my apartment would be passable for the inspection on Friday.
Good for you! And good luck on the inspection.
Old 06-07-18, 09:31 AM

Thanked 25,909 Times in 12,086 Posts
Lunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by psychopathetic View Post
Okay, did a bit more around my apartment. It's not where I want it...but besides my bathroom, I think that if I took the rest of my gathered up trash out (will be using a friend's truck to make a trip to the dump tomorrow) and vacuumed (and wiped my kitchen counters down)...my apartment would be passable for the inspection on Friday.
So that's nice.
But I want to do more before friday. I'll still have my friends over the help finish up tomorrow...
Then I need to start doing something different. Not sure what yet...I have ideas. Something's gotta change, or else my apartment is just going to be a disaster again here in a month. It's the same year after year.
Maybe I'll have my friend come hang out more here in my apartment...it's a cool looking place when it's clean. Having someone over might help motivate me to keep it looking okay?

Ah well...I'm SUPER freaking tired, even though I've gotten TONS of sleep this week. I can't keep my eyes open
This ^ I'm more likely to clean house if I know someone is coming to visit.

As far as I know, there is nothing positive about ADHD that people can't have w out ADHD. ~ ADD me
The Following User Says Thank You to Lunacie For This Useful Post:
psychopathetic (06-07-18)
Old 06-07-18, 09:34 AM

Thanked 6,477 Times in 3,092 Posts
Fraser_0762 has a reputation beyond reputeFraser_0762 has a reputation beyond reputeFraser_0762 has a reputation beyond reputeFraser_0762 has a reputation beyond reputeFraser_0762 has a reputation beyond reputeFraser_0762 has a reputation beyond reputeFraser_0762 has a reputation beyond reputeFraser_0762 has a reputation beyond reputeFraser_0762 has a reputation beyond reputeFraser_0762 has a reputation beyond reputeFraser_0762 has a reputation beyond repute

Back to drinking again. I just prefer it, as bad as that comes across.
The Following User Says Thank You to Fraser_0762 For This Useful Post:
Little Missy (06-07-18)
Sponsored Links
Old 06-07-18, 11:21 AM
Mod-A-holic

Thanked 32,266 Times in 14,933 Posts
sarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fraser_0762 View Post
Back to drinking again. I just prefer it, as bad as that comes across.
As long as you dont mind becoming an alcoholic or someone with substance use/binge drinking disorder then it doesnt matter what others think. The joke around AA is how many old active alcoholics do you know? The answer is few if any or none cause none of them live that long. I had a friend die literally from alcoholism about three months ago- she was 52.
An uncle- 55
And yes, I know people who are heavy drinkers everyday but never cross that addict line. They do not suffer the immediate/life changing consequences that the alcoholics do but they end up with cirrosis(SP) of the liver and various organ failures. So they may not DT off alcohol or drive drunk and go to jail- but they drink enough to damage themselves in the long run.
And I would be lying if I said I didnt know one single person who drank badly their whole lives and pulled off the normie act. I knew one old woman names Zelda. Drank these jugs of wine everyday.. died at 83 from phneumonia. Maybe you will be one of the lucky odds beating few.

I carried a watermelon?
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sarahsweets For This Useful Post:
acdc01 (06-08-18), Fraser_0762 (06-07-18)
Old 06-07-18, 11:37 AM

Thanked 6,477 Times in 3,092 Posts
Fraser_0762 has a reputation beyond reputeFraser_0762 has a reputation beyond reputeFraser_0762 has a reputation beyond reputeFraser_0762 has a reputation beyond reputeFraser_0762 has a reputation beyond reputeFraser_0762 has a reputation beyond reputeFraser_0762 has a reputation beyond reputeFraser_0762 has a reputation beyond reputeFraser_0762 has a reputation beyond reputeFraser_0762 has a reputation beyond reputeFraser_0762 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarahsweets View Post
As long as you dont mind becoming an alcoholic or someone with substance use/binge drinking disorder then it doesnt matter what others think. The joke around AA is how many old active alcoholics do you know? The answer is few if any or none cause none of them live that long. I had a friend die literally from alcoholism about three months ago- she was 52.
An uncle- 55
And yes, I know people who are heavy drinkers everyday but never cross that addict line. They do not suffer the immediate/life changing consequences that the alcoholics do but they end up with cirrosis(SP) of the liver and various organ failures. So they may not DT off alcohol or drive drunk and go to jail- but they drink enough to damage themselves in the long run.
And I would be lying if I said I didnt know one single person who drank badly their whole lives and pulled off the normie act. I knew one old woman names Zelda. Drank these jugs of wine everyday.. died at 83 from phneumonia. Maybe you will be one of the lucky odds beating few.

I realize drinking will more than likely bring me an early grave. But when you've got no other reason to continue anyway, then what does it really matter.
The Following User Says Thank You to Fraser_0762 For This Useful Post:
Little Missy (06-07-18)
Old 06-07-18, 11:39 AM
Purriendly feline moderator

Thanked 22,568 Times in 13,328 Posts
midnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fraser_0762 View Post
I realize drinking will more than likely bring me an early grave. But when you've got no other reason to continue anyway, then what does it really matter.

It matters to all of us on ADDF
Ebony (1st January 2014 - 2nd March 2018)
Tigger (31st October 2014 - current)
"No human should ever hurt an animal" Jessie, Animal Farm

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to midnightstar For This Useful Post:
acdc01 (06-08-18), Fraser_0762 (06-07-18)
Old 06-07-18, 12:09 PM

Sushuis is on a distinguished road

I have to pack for a ten-day-trip tomorrow that sounded like a great idea at the time, but I really don't have the energy for now. It's paid for and scheduled, full of interesting happenings and potential new friends..

All happened too fast, spring has gone by very quickly and I can't keep track of time no matter how many calendars and bullet journals I keep. Last week I was convinced it was Tuesday on Wednesday, and again on Thursday. Of course this led to me promising to be in two places at once. Sweet.

Also, apartment's a mess, grass needs cutting before I go and I forgot to feed the dogs again.

Sooo, what am I doing here instead of preparing for the trip...?
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Sushuis For This Useful Post:
acdc01 (06-08-18), psychopathetic (06-07-18), stef (06-07-18)
Old 06-07-18, 03:21 PM
e-(((hug))) extraordinaire!

Thanked 15,063 Times in 7,501 Posts
psychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sushuis View Post
I have to pack for a ten-day-trip tomorrow that sounded like a great idea at the time, but I really don't have the energy for now. It's paid for and scheduled, full of interesting happenings and potential new friends..

All happened too fast, spring has gone by very quickly and I can't keep track of time no matter how many calendars and bullet journals I keep. Last week I was convinced it was Tuesday on Wednesday, and again on Thursday. Of course this led to me promising to be in two places at once. Sweet.

Also, apartment's a mess, grass needs cutting before I go and I forgot to feed the dogs again.

Sooo, what am I doing here instead of preparing for the trip...?
this whole things is like a textbook example of ADD lol.

I sure hope your trip goes well! I bet once you're experiencing it, you're going to have SO much fun!!

(((((((MOM)))))))
I Miss You.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to psychopathetic For This Useful Post:
acdc01 (06-08-18), Lunacie (06-07-18), Sushuis (06-23-18)
Old 06-08-18, 12:31 AM

Thanked 34,029 Times in 15,407 Posts
peripatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond repute

things are worsening and it's already the 7th.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to peripatetic For This Useful Post:
Fraser_0762 (06-08-18), Greyhound1 (06-08-18), Lunacie (06-08-18), midnightstar (06-08-18)
Old 06-08-18, 01:22 AM
Purriendly feline moderator

Thanked 22,568 Times in 13,328 Posts
midnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond repute

Hoping things start to get better for you soon peri

in other news, someone please remind me to check tiggers ears after work, she kept scratching one yesterday
Ebony (1st January 2014 - 2nd March 2018)
Tigger (31st October 2014 - current)
"No human should ever hurt an animal" Jessie, Animal Farm

The Following User Says Thank You to midnightstar For This Useful Post:
Lunacie (06-08-18)
Old 06-08-18, 01:29 AM

Thanked 34,029 Times in 15,407 Posts
peripatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond repute

i don't think they're going to get better. they came for me to take my night meds but somehow i'm still awake at half ten...what the ****?
The Following User Says Thank You to peripatetic For This Useful Post:
Fuzzy12 (06-08-18)
Old 06-08-18, 04:03 AM

Thanked 4,977 Times in 2,157 Posts
tudorose has a reputation beyond reputetudorose has a reputation beyond reputetudorose has a reputation beyond reputetudorose has a reputation beyond reputetudorose has a reputation beyond reputetudorose has a reputation beyond reputetudorose has a reputation beyond reputetudorose has a reputation beyond reputetudorose has a reputation beyond reputetudorose has a reputation beyond reputetudorose has a reputation beyond repute

I am in a world of pain because of jaw pain. I can't sleep on that side, I can't hardly talk smile. Pain is consuming me.
acdc01 (06-08-18), Fuzzy12 (06-08-18), Lunacie (06-08-18)
Old 06-08-18, 10:02 AM

Lunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond repute

A little boy went missing in my area about 3 months ago.

There was a lot of suspicion that the step-mom may have killed him.

Law enforcement and other people have been searching ever since.

Two weeks ago a private investigator got the step-mom to lead him

to where she had put the little boy's dead body 3 months ago.

She hadn't been charged with anything yet, waiting for the autopsy.

Early this morning she took away the only chance to ever know what

really happened to Lucas Hernandez because she shot herself dead.

As far as I know, there is nothing positive about ADHD that people can't have w out ADHD. ~ ADD me
The Following User Says Thank You to Lunacie For This Useful Post:
Greyhound1 (06-08-18)
Old 06-08-18, 12:43 PM
Mind Racing Moderator

Thanked 15,060 Times in 7,242 Posts
Greyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lunacie View Post
A little boy went missing in my area about 3 months ago.

There was a lot of suspicion that the step-mom may have killed him.

Law enforcement and other people have been searching ever since.

Two weeks ago a private investigator got the step-mom to lead him

to where she had put the little boy's dead body 3 months ago.

She hadn't been charged with anything yet, waiting for the autopsy.

Early this morning she took away the only chance to ever know what

really happened to Lucas Hernandez because she shot herself dead.
The world is such a messed up place. Last weekend some boaters found a new born dead within site of where I live. The baby was found floating in the ocean near an inlet.

They know the baby was born in a hospital recently because it still had a pin prick mark. They said on the news last night they think the new born drifted here from another county about 25 miles away. Didnít say why they suspected that.

There is a big hunt for the mother and the childís identity. Itís just so sad and heartbreaking.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Greyhound1 For This Useful Post:
Lunacie (06-08-18), midnightstar (06-08-18)
Old 06-08-18, 02:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greyhound1 View Post
The world is such a messed up place. Last weekend some boaters found a new born dead within site of where I live. The baby was found floating in the ocean near an inlet.

They know the baby was born in a hospital recently because it still had a pin prick mark. They said on the news last night they think the new born drifted here from another county about 25 miles away. Didnít say why they suspected that.

There is a big hunt for the mother and the childís identity. Itís just so sad and heartbreaking.
That's so sad. Poor baby.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Lunacie For This Useful Post:
Greyhound1 (06-08-18), midnightstar (06-08-18)