ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > ADDF Lounge > Chit-Chat
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Old 06-17-18, 12:35 PM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 25,457 Times in 11,839 Posts
Lunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond repute
Re: The what's bothering you RIGHT NOW thread Part V

Quote:
Originally Posted by acdc01 View Post
Unusual side effect of retirement. I'm becoming more spacey than ever. Forgot to turn off burner, lost wetsuit, lost sisters phone, lost other stuff too - it's costing me a lot of money and impacting my safety.

Think it's cause every day now feels like a vacation and I've always been super spacey during vacation. It's the lack of a consistent schedule and too much exciting stimulus I think.
It's a pretty big change and you're not used to it yet.

Having some kind of rhythm helps, even if it's just planning to do laundry
the same day each week.

As far as I know, there is nothing positive about ADHD that people can't have w out ADHD. ~ ADD me
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Lunacie For This Useful Post:
acdc01 (06-18-18), psychopathetic (06-17-18)
Old 06-17-18, 01:57 PM
e-(((hug))) extraordinaire!

Thanked 14,369 Times in 7,154 Posts
psychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by acdc01 View Post
Unusual side effect of retirement. I'm becoming more spacey than ever.
[...]
Think it's cause every day now feels like a vacation and I've always been super spacey during vacation.
Or!
Maybe it's just cause you are getting really old!?

(((((((MOM)))))))
I'll always fondly remember.

The Following User Says Thank You to psychopathetic For This Useful Post:
acdc01 (06-18-18)
Old 06-17-18, 04:00 PM
Purriendly feline moderator

Thanked 22,053 Times in 13,034 Posts
midnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond repute

Reading a cat article in a magazine about euthanasia and its made me doubt my memory about poor Ebonys final days. The list of if your cat is showing these things its time to let her go list is this: if she is in constant pain, if she is not eating or drinking, if she is not behving normally andd if she is not interacting with family members. Even with three out of those four things (i was not sure about the pain thing and am still unsure if she was in pain) i am still doubting my choice.
Ebony (1st January 2014 - 2nd March 2018)
Tigger (31st October 2014 - current)
"No human should ever hurt an animal" Jessie, Animal Farm

Sponsored Links
Old 06-17-18, 04:26 PM

Lunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by midnightstar View Post
Reading a cat article in a magazine about euthanasia and its made me doubt my memory about poor Ebonys final days. The list of if your cat is showing these things its time to let her go list is this: if she is in constant pain, if she is not eating or drinking, if she is not behving normally andd if she is not interacting with family members. Even with three out of those four things (i was not sure about the pain thing and am still unsure if she was in pain) i am still doubting my choice.
Those three things are signs of pain.

Also I remember you saying that when she'd jump to the windowsill sometimes
it hurt her and she'd fall down.

As far as I know, there is nothing positive about ADHD that people can't have w out ADHD. ~ ADD me
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Lunacie For This Useful Post:
Fuzzy12 (06-17-18), midnightstar (06-18-18)
Old 06-17-18, 05:46 PM

Thanked 29,589 Times in 13,645 Posts
Fuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
You know more about cats than anyone I know. Please trust your judgment!! I think you made the right choice star!!
The Following User Says Thank You to Fuzzy12 For This Useful Post:
midnightstar (06-18-18)
Old 06-17-18, 06:26 PM

Quote:
Also, I don't think you're really doubting your choice.

I think you're missing her terribly and grieving for your loss.

Absolutely normal.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Lunacie For This Useful Post:
acdc01 (06-18-18), midnightstar (06-18-18), stef (06-18-18)
Old 06-18-18, 02:41 AM

midnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond repute

The vet mentionedeuthanasia before any tests were done, did i make the right call trying to save her by having the tests done? Was i a cruel meowmy for trying?

Old 06-18-18, 03:38 AM

Thanked 4,808 Times in 2,075 Posts
tudorose has a reputation beyond reputetudorose has a reputation beyond reputetudorose has a reputation beyond reputetudorose has a reputation beyond reputetudorose has a reputation beyond reputetudorose has a reputation beyond reputetudorose has a reputation beyond reputetudorose has a reputation beyond reputetudorose has a reputation beyond reputetudorose has a reputation beyond reputetudorose has a reputation beyond repute

No Star you did what you felt was right
Lunacie (06-18-18)
Old 06-18-18, 03:40 AM

tudorose has a reputation beyond reputetudorose has a reputation beyond reputetudorose has a reputation beyond reputetudorose has a reputation beyond reputetudorose has a reputation beyond reputetudorose has a reputation beyond reputetudorose has a reputation beyond reputetudorose has a reputation beyond reputetudorose has a reputation beyond reputetudorose has a reputation beyond reputetudorose has a reputation beyond repute

I misread what you said so edited my response. Sorry if tou saw the first one and it didn't make any sense
Old 06-18-18, 04:42 AM

Maybe Ebony would have lived longer if i had stayed down here and moved into the city down here

tudo i didnt see your original message so dont worry

The Following User Says Thank You to midnightstar For This Useful Post:
tudorose (06-18-18)
Old 06-18-18, 08:18 AM

Thanked 6,451 Times in 3,077 Posts
Fraser_0762 has a reputation beyond reputeFraser_0762 has a reputation beyond reputeFraser_0762 has a reputation beyond reputeFraser_0762 has a reputation beyond reputeFraser_0762 has a reputation beyond reputeFraser_0762 has a reputation beyond reputeFraser_0762 has a reputation beyond reputeFraser_0762 has a reputation beyond reputeFraser_0762 has a reputation beyond reputeFraser_0762 has a reputation beyond reputeFraser_0762 has a reputation beyond repute

Or perhaps she wouldn't have lived as long if you did this?

You're getting too caught up on the ifs, buts and maybes. You don't know what would have happened if you had done things any differently, so quit beating yourself up about it. You made the choices that you believed were right at the time. The power of hindsight eludes all of us.

Accept the choices you've made. Accept that they were the choices you believed were right at the time. Accept that you did what you needed to do under the circumstances at that time. Accept that you can't go back and change anything and accept that even if you could, you'd still not be able to foresee the outcome of your choices.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Fraser_0762 For This Useful Post:
Adenosine (07-05-18), Lunacie (06-18-18), midnightstar (06-18-18)
Old 06-18-18, 12:32 PM
Contributor

Adenosine has a spectacular aura aboutAdenosine has a spectacular aura about

This guy wrote an article where he described obesity and diabetes as side effects of ADHD medication... because he was citing an article that misidentified antipsychotic drugs as common ADHD treatments. Dopamine antagonists. Drugs that more or less work the opposite way from stimulants. The authors have since corrected this error, but his post still contains it. Like... they literally use amphetamines to treat obesity in some cases. They're not as favored for that as they used to be, but they still cause appetite suppression and weight loss in a fair number of people as side effects. If you're gonna write an article against a particular set of medications, at least use the actual adverse effects as evidence instead of picking the nearly polar opposite drug class.
The Following User Says Thank You to Adenosine For This Useful Post:
Lunacie (06-18-18)
Old 06-18-18, 06:52 PM

Quote:
Maybe Ebony would have lived longer if i had stayed down here and moved into the city down here

tudo i didnt see your original message so dont worry
My cat did live longer but she didn't have the quality of life and that was very sad. She couldn't jump anymore. She didn't play anymore. She just existed. Which breaks your heart in a different way.

We put her on medication but it changed her personality and she wasn't the same. I felt like I lost my real relationship with her long before she died.

You can't change this just treasure the good moments that you had.

I miss my cat a lot. But I'm glad she's not suffering anymore.

Ebony knew you cared. Animals can feel that stuff. That's all you could do. You loved her. That's all she needed to know.
Fraser_0762 (06-19-18), Lunacie (06-18-18), midnightstar (06-19-18), peripatetic (06-18-18), stef (06-19-18)
Old 06-19-18, 03:50 AM
e-(((hug))) extraordinaire!

Thanked 14,369 Times in 7,154 Posts
psychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond repute

I wish you'd stop tormenting yourself mids.

I wish you'd take to heart some of the love, support and words given here.

I wish I could help ease your worries.

...but instead you torment yourself and get stuck in the "But what if's...".
And for as long as you listen to those more than you listen to those who care about you...there's really very little we can do.
It's very frustrating.

(((((((MOM)))))))
I'll always fondly remember.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to psychopathetic For This Useful Post:
Fraser_0762 (06-19-18), Lunacie (06-19-18), midnightstar (06-19-18), peripatetic (06-19-18), stef (06-19-18), tudorose (06-19-18)
Old 06-19-18, 10:22 AM

Sorry psycho i will try i promise

The Following User Says Thank You to midnightstar For This Useful Post:
Lunacie (06-19-18)