ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > TREATMENT & MANAGEMENT > Medications > Vyvanse
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Vyvanse (lisdexamfetamine dimesylate)

Old 03-13-18, 10:31 AM

Sharon33 is on a distinguished road
Vyvanse- fuzziness and trouble focusing

Started on vyvanse yesterday. So far have had slight headaches, major cloudiness and general feeling of disconnection to myself, and much more difficulty focusing. Feels kind of like being drunk without the benefits. Is this normal in the beginning? I was told it can take a few weeks to settle... Is this all normal?
Old 03-14-18, 03:23 PM

Brian S is on a distinguished road
Re: Vyvanse- fuzziness and trouble focusing

You're not alone. I've been taking Vyvanse for a few years now, but it seems unpredictable and getting worse. Every day is different. I can have about three or four decent hours in the morning; then later in the day a general feeling of doom and fuzziness. 3pm and I stare into space feeling like I don't exist at all. Drunk without benefits - yes.
Old 03-18-18, 05:49 AM
Mod-A-holic

Thanked 32,567 Times in 15,079 Posts
sarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond repute

OP what is your dose and dosing schedule?

I carried a watermelon?
Sponsored Links
Old 03-22-18, 06:08 AM

simon1959 is on a distinguished road

Interesting to read the above as I'm about to start Vyvanse. I did take Dexedrine recreationally for a short period over forty years ago and thought Vyvase would be similar but from what I've read it's completely different. I was previously on Concertta 72mg which made me very high (which I didn't want) and unmotivated.
Old 03-22-18, 11:33 AM

lntense is on a distinguished road

In my experience it's a very unpredictable drug. I'm currently on it and really dislike the inconsistency. Adderall XR was much better for me, given not everyday it worked amazing due to various factors but at least I knew what to expect.

As soon as I can go back on adderall I am.
Old 03-22-18, 11:57 AM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 14,556 Times in 6,500 Posts
aeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond repute

mg for mg, Vyvanse is the weakest of all the amphetamine-based medications.

No surprise to me...I trialed it, and it was great...as long as I took 3x60mg capsules per day (yes, with doctor’s permission) so that I got the same amount of dextroamphetamine base as I would get from my usual Dexedrine.

A single 60mg was not at all efficacious.

To me, it is a crap drug. YMMV.

Cheers,
Ian
Old 03-26-18, 03:10 AM

simon1959 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharon33 View Post
Started on vyvanse yesterday. So far have had slight headaches, major cloudiness and general feeling of disconnection to myself, and much more difficulty focusing. Feels kind of like being drunk without the benefits. Is this normal in the beginning? I was told it can take a few weeks to settle... Is this all normal?
I have been on Vyvanse for a week or so. First on 30mg then 60mg. The first few hours on it are fine and very much like Dexedrine but after that I feel very unmotivated and unfocused.