ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > ADDF Lounge > Chit-Chat
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 03-12-18, 04:44 PM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 25,720 Times in 12,000 Posts
Lunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond repute
Re: The what's bothering you RIGHT NOW thread Part IV

Just back from the vets . . . they're walk in only and very busy so it took a
couple of hours. Kiko's wounds are healing or starting to, but he has some
leakage from the tube that runs into his lower jaw and back out again.

And the vet says he can hear a heart murmur.

It wasn't there Friday because he wouldn't have been sedated. So either the
trauma or the bite itself caused this complication with a heart valve that's not
working quite right. Doesn't seem like anything to be too concerned about just
yet. We go back on Wednesday to hopefully get the tube removed.

As far as I know, there is nothing positive about ADHD that people can't have w out ADHD. ~ ADD me
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Lunacie For This Useful Post:
Fuzzy12 (03-12-18), midnightstar (03-12-18), psychopathetic (03-12-18), stef (03-12-18)
Old 03-12-18, 06:20 PM

Lunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaia.S View Post
That would mean that your vet is a very sneaky, unreliable, illegal person ;-)

But seriously, sometimes the mind can create very uncomfortable thoughts, to avoid even more uncomfortable ones. I think, that you love and miss her so much, that in your subconscious it's easier to believe in things like guilt and blame or conspiracy even, than to really feel your pain.

It could be very healing to watch the beautiful video you made of Ebony (i'm thinking now of the moments that inspired you to shoot those pictures), and just feel her as she was. Allow your tears, allow your smiles, be connected from the heart like you were before this happened. That's the only real thing anyway, everything else is just made up, nothing but stories in our heads because we can't accept what's really there (and therefor add all kinds of explanations to reality, even making it worse).

Yes you're not perfect and yes you're heartbroken, so yes you're capable of this intense love and yes to me, that makes you a wonderful cat mum, no matter what you could have done better or worse... you were HER cat mum, one of a kind (if she could make a video of you, it would not be about the things that were not there) XXX
That makes so much sense.

As far as I know, there is nothing positive about ADHD that people can't have w out ADHD. ~ ADD me
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Lunacie For This Useful Post:
psychopathetic (03-12-18), stef (03-12-18)
Old 03-12-18, 06:53 PM

Thanked 29,878 Times in 13,794 Posts
Fuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lunacie View Post
Just back from the vets . . . they're walk in only and very busy so it took a
couple of hours. Kiko's wounds are healing or starting to, but he has some
leakage from the tube that runs into his lower jaw and back out again.

And the vet says he can hear a heart murmur.

It wasn't there Friday because he wouldn't have been sedated. So either the
trauma or the bite itself caused this complication with a heart valve that's not
working quite right. Doesn't seem like anything to be too concerned about just
yet. We go back on Wednesday to hopefully get the tube removed.
Awww is kiko one of your cats? Or I think you said your dog got attacked by another dog? Sorry I don't remember anything properly these days.

Anyway huge hugs and speedy recovery!!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Fuzzy12 For This Useful Post:
Lunacie (03-12-18), psychopathetic (03-12-18)
Sponsored Links
Old 03-12-18, 07:00 PM

Fuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond repute

I have to email my manager to tell him I've got another eye infection. I could probably go to work but it's so contagious and I'd be mortified if anyone got infected from me. Also my eye is oozing stuff non stop so it's pretty yucky.

I'm really tempted to call him tomorrow so he can hear that my voice is pretty much gone as well. It's got nothing to do with the eye infection but I do sound ill. It would be too late though.i really should email now. I'm quite Embarrassed to call in sick already. I'd like to work from home till the infection clears up and I'm not sure how to word that in an eloquent way that doesn't make me sound lazy because I don't don't think I can do any work tomorrow because my eye is itching and watering non stop. So I'm obsessing about how to word that.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Fuzzy12 For This Useful Post:
Greyhound1 (03-12-18), Lunacie (03-12-18), psychopathetic (03-13-18)
Old 03-12-18, 08:18 PM
Mind Racing Moderator

Thanked 14,832 Times in 7,138 Posts
Greyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy12 View Post
I have to email my manager to tell him I've got another eye infection. I could probably go to work but it's so contagious and I'd be mortified if anyone got infected from me. Also my eye is oozing stuff non stop so it's pretty yucky.

I'm really tempted to call him tomorrow so he can hear that my voice is pretty much gone as well. It's got nothing to do with the eye infection but I do sound ill. It would be too late though.i really should email now. I'm quite Embarrassed to call in sick already. I'd like to work from home till the infection clears up and I'm not sure how to word that in an eloquent way that doesn't make me sound lazy because I don't don't think I can do any work tomorrow because my eye is itching and watering non stop. So I'm obsessing about how to word that.
I would call first thing rather than send an email. They may have questions and it’s so much more personal. I would respect a phone call much more than an email.

I don’t think you should have anything to worry about. I would apologize and say I have a raging eye infection and it’s very contagious. I would hate to infect any of our staff and it was recommended I stay home until it clears up.

I would then say, it’s oozing all over the place but will gladly come in if you think it’s a good idea. The oozing part should convince them you need to stay home.

I would try and make it seem like it’s their idea for you to stay home. Let them make them call and you will look good by offering to come in. I think, if you make the call it leaves more room for doubt.

You gotta play the game and don’t be afraid to be descriptive and make them feel like they made a wise decision having you stay home.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Greyhound1 For This Useful Post:
aeon (03-13-18), psychopathetic (03-13-18), stef (03-13-18)
Old 03-12-18, 08:40 PM

Ugh. I love Gambino's pizzas, but can't eat in because of the air freshener
they keep next to the cash register at the front door and use regularly.

So tonight I was in the mood for a Pepsi and ordered some 16 ounce bottles
of soda for each of us. Yeah, they stink like air freshener. I poured my Pepsi
into a cup and threw the bottle in the trash. All wrapped up.

But I was still smelling the stink ... my eyes are burning and my migraine is
starting to pound ... the bag the bottles were in stinks too. Added to trash and
wondering if I can ever order from Gambino's again. Not really. Ugh.

The Following User Says Thank You to Lunacie For This Useful Post:
psychopathetic (03-13-18)
Old 03-12-18, 10:26 PM
Mind Racing Moderator

Greyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Ugh. I love Gambino's pizzas, but can't eat in because of the air freshener
they keep next to the cash register at the front door and use regularly.

So tonight I was in the mood for a Pepsi and ordered some 16 ounce bottles
of soda for each of us. Yeah, they stink like air freshener. I poured my Pepsi
into a cup and threw the bottle in the trash. All wrapped up.

But I was still smelling the stink ... my eyes are burning and my migraine is
starting to pound ... the bag the bottles were in stinks too. Added to trash and
wondering if I can ever order from Gambino's again. Not really. Ugh.
You should let them know about that air freshener. Probably didn’t realize they may be losing customers. Maybe, they get rid of it and you get the pizza you love back minus the toxic air freshener.

You may want to word it very carefully and nicely though with a name like Gambino’s. Don’t want u swimming with the fishes.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Greyhound1 For This Useful Post:
psychopathetic (03-13-18), stef (03-13-18)
Old 03-12-18, 10:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greyhound1 View Post
You should let them know about that air freshener. Probably didnít realize they may be losing customers. Maybe, they get rid of it and you get the pizza you love back minus the toxic air freshener.

You may want to word it very carefully and nicely though with a name like Gambinoís. Donít want u swimming with the fishes.
I did mention it the first time I walked into that wall of stink. I pulled my mask
out of my pocket and got out as quickly as I could. Didn't take the time to ask
if I could talk to the owner/manager. Have been thinking of sending an email -
if I start by saying I love their pizza (especially the German pie) but I may have
to give up eating it because I'm so allergic to the air-freshener ... won't know
unless I try, huh?

Greyhound1 (03-13-18), psychopathetic (03-13-18)
Old 03-13-18, 05:23 AM
e-(((hug))) extraordinaire!

Thanked 14,751 Times in 7,348 Posts
psychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

OMG Fuzz Fuzz...that sucks so badly

Look...i REALLY wanna e-(((hug))) you...but oozing eye...ewwwwwwwww!

I'll tell you what!
I'll give you a e-(((hug)))...but it's gonna be waaaaaay over here...

---------------------------------------------> (((((((FUZZY)))))))

Grrrr, it must feel really bad to have to call in sick so soon...but I'm sure they'll understand.
I'm also sure you could use the breather too. It's crazy stressful to go back to work after as much time as it's been for you.
I'm glad to see you get some days off here...let you rest up a bit.

P.S.
I'm proud as hell of you Fuzzy!

(((((((MOM)))))))
I Miss You.

Last edited by psychopathetic; 03-13-18 at 05:38 AM..
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to psychopathetic For This Useful Post:
Fuzzy12 (03-13-18), Lunacie (03-13-18)
Old 03-13-18, 05:34 AM
e-(((hug))) extraordinaire!

Thanked 14,751 Times in 7,348 Posts
psychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond repute

(((((((Lun-Luns)))))))

That really sucks about Gambinos. I just google searched them and it looks great! Have you tried any of there pasta? I feel like I need a full family sized portion of their chicken alfredo in my belly right about now! lol...but omg, that description of the german pie pizza just gave me a pucker face something fierce! Sauerkraut on a pizza? Omg...NO NO!!! I can't sweep the idea of it from my mind fast enough! Icky, Icky, ICKY!
Now if you'll excuse me...I need to go watch some kitten videos on youtube to clear my mind of such horrifying thoughts!

I think it's a good idea to e-mail them about the air freshner. Maybe others have complained too? Man it'd be nice if they'd take it down so you could enjoy eating there once in a great while!

(((((((Lovely Gramma Luns)))))))

(((((((MOM)))))))
I Miss You.

The Following User Says Thank You to psychopathetic For This Useful Post:
Greyhound1 (03-14-18)
Old 03-13-18, 09:44 AM
Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 1,352 Times in 781 Posts
Little Nut has much to be proud ofLittle Nut has much to be proud ofLittle Nut has much to be proud ofLittle Nut has much to be proud ofLittle Nut has much to be proud ofLittle Nut has much to be proud ofLittle Nut has much to be proud ofLittle Nut has much to be proud ofLittle Nut has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by aeon View Post
It probably wouldnít be a winning strategy, but sometimes the morning fog and associated wtf is so bad that the wait for the Dex to kick in is just hell.

As such, direct injection to the jugular/carotid would be preferable...because the rest of the world canít wait, hence, neither can I.

Címon,
Ian

I'm either missing something or the dex kicked in between the first and second paragraph.
The Following User Says Thank You to Little Nut For This Useful Post:
Little Missy (03-13-18)
Old 03-13-18, 12:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by psychopathetic View Post
(((((((Lun-Luns)))))))

That really sucks about Gambinos. I just google searched them and it looks great! Have you tried any of there pasta? I feel like I need a full family sized portion of their chicken alfredo in my belly right about now! lol...but omg, that description of the german pie pizza just gave me a pucker face something fierce! Sauerkraut on a pizza? Omg...NO NO!!! I can't sweep the idea of it from my mind fast enough! Icky, Icky, ICKY!
Now if you'll excuse me...I need to go watch some kitten videos on youtube to clear my mind of such horrifying thoughts!

I think it's a good idea to e-mail them about the air freshner. Maybe others have complained too? Man it'd be nice if they'd take it down so you could enjoy eating there once in a great while!

(((((((Lovely Gramma Luns)))))))
Yep, we tried their pasta shortly after they opened. I don't remember if it was
great or mediocre, I only remember that their garlic bread was ordinary white
bread that had been toasted. WTF? I can do that at home.

Do you like a Reuben sammie? I think the German Pie is even better than a
Reuben. I wasn't sure the first time I ordered it, but dayum it's good.

The delivery guy either forgot to grab the bag with our bottled sodas, or they
forgot to hand the whole order to him, so he had to run back and grab those
for us. Because of the wait on drinks he brought a coupon for a free 1-topping
pizza ... don't want to waste that right? So yeah, I need to talk to the manager
about the stank.

The Following User Says Thank You to Lunacie For This Useful Post:
Old 03-13-18, 12:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by psychopathetic View Post
OMG Fuzz Fuzz...that sucks so badly

Look...i REALLY wanna e-(((hug))) you...but oozing eye...ewwwwwwwww!

I'll tell you what!
I'll give you a e-(((hug)))...but it's gonna be waaaaaay over here...

---------------------------------------------> (((((((FUZZY)))))))

Grrrr, it must feel really bad to have to call in sick so soon...but I'm sure they'll understand.
I'm also sure you could use the breather too. It's crazy stressful to go back to work after as much time as it's been for you.
I'm glad to see you get some days off here...let you rest up a bit.

P.S.
I'm proud as hell of you Fuzzy!
Thanks for the kind words. I could do with a pick me up and some hugs today. Yes it's pretty embarassing to have to call in sick so soon and IM not sure if having an eye infection is a good reason but my eyes are watering and oozing so it's probably not a good idea to hang about in a public space.

I was hoping to get some stuff done while im at Home but of course that didn't happen. Im so tired of myself. I feel like such a fraud.
The Following User Says Thank You to Fuzzy12 For This Useful Post:
Old 03-13-18, 01:15 PM

Quote:
Thanks for the kind words. I could do with a pick me up and some hugs today. Yes it's pretty embarassing to have to call in sick so soon and IM not sure if having an eye infection is a good reason but my eyes are watering and oozing so it's probably not a good idea to hang about in a public space.

I was hoping to get some stuff done while im at Home but of course that didn't happen. Im so tired of myself. I feel like such a fraud.
If the eye thing is contagious, of course you were right to stay home.
I'm sorry you are struggling with your immune system so much lately.
Reminds me of what my daughter has been dealing with for a few years.

Fuzzy12 (03-13-18), psychopathetic (03-13-18)
Old 03-13-18, 03:24 PM
Mind Racing Moderator

Quote:
I did mention it the first time I walked into that wall of stink. I pulled my mask
out of my pocket and got out as quickly as I could. Didn't take the time to ask
if I could talk to the owner/manager. Have been thinking of sending an email -
if I start by saying I love their pizza (especially the German pie) but I may have
to give up eating it because I'm so allergic to the air-freshener ... won't know
unless I try, huh?
Iím with you. Most air fresheners and many scented candles make my eyes water, burn and they usually give me a headache.

Especially, those Glade scented plug in types, I canít stand them!
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Greyhound1 For This Useful Post:
aeon (03-13-18), Little Missy (03-13-18), Lunacie (03-13-18), psychopathetic (03-13-18)
Closed Thread