ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > CO-EXISTING CONDITIONS > Learning Disabilities (LD)
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Old 10-07-18, 05:01 AM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 27,039 Times in 13,132 Posts
stef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond repute
Re: learning disabilities are a realit

I don't have a learning disibility but I just get so mixed up with following instructions and directions. i have a good memory but it warps what I read or hear so I remember wrong information.
and i was sure all of these years, that this art museum was directly linked to a huge shopping complex but it's completely seperate ( i was trying to find a workspace thing last week and actually had to use google maps for a 5 min walk in what I thought was a totally familiar area).

I can't tell if this is getting worse with age, or if I'm more aware of it since treatment.
and maybe this actually a learning disibility ?
The Following User Says Thank You to stef For This Useful Post:
excel (10-07-18)
Old 10-07-18, 08:22 AM
ADDvanced Member

lisariver is a glorious beacon of lightlisariver is a glorious beacon of lightlisariver is a glorious beacon of lightlisariver is a glorious beacon of lightlisariver is a glorious beacon of light
Re: learning disabilities are a reality

To me the learning disabilities are for a reason, if you not for then for those around you and maybe both.

the only reason I can think we're all on this planet is to learn love, ourselves included.

you could be a super smart scientist, what good is that without love? Love is accessible to us all, it may involve life-long effort, but with it, miracles happen that supercede so-called intelligence.

But for some love is a farther goal than intelligence. How to trust amidst the hurt, how to feel when attacked, how to recognize yourself in another, how to drop all the safety protective measure that keep us distant, numb, avoiding...questions i ask myself.
The Following User Says Thank You to lisariver For This Useful Post:
excel (10-07-18)
Old 10-07-18, 08:29 AM
ADDvanced Member

lisariver is a glorious beacon of lightlisariver is a glorious beacon of lightlisariver is a glorious beacon of lightlisariver is a glorious beacon of lightlisariver is a glorious beacon of light

how to forgive...maybe the hardest but if you can do, it must be very liberating.
excel (10-07-18)
Sponsored Links
Old 10-07-18, 08:34 AM
ADDvanced Member

and don't the labels only fit when we accept society's outline of who we're supposed to be? Yes, we're trying to work within a framework built maybe by a majority but that doesn't lessen the importance of our contribution...be it just slowing down the gear teeth of the machine tearing through beauty.
excel (10-07-18)