ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > CO-EXISTING CONDITIONS > Depression
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Old 10-27-18, 03:34 PM

BlimeyMooshroom is on a distinguished road
Is it weird that thinking about someone keeps me from being suicidal?

I don't know if this is a common coping mechanism, I tried googling it. I was wondering if anyone else here could relate to this.

Basically, when I feel down, I think about people I love or love me and inspire me.
Old 10-27-18, 05:01 PM
ADDvanced Contributor

CharlesH is a name known to allCharlesH is a name known to allCharlesH is a name known to allCharlesH is a name known to allCharlesH is a name known to allCharlesH is a name known to allCharlesH is a name known to all
Re: Is it weird that thinking about someone keeps me from being suicidal?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlimeyMooshroom View Post
Basically, when I feel down, I think about people I love or love me and inspire me.
Makes sense to me.
Old 10-27-18, 05:21 PM

BlimeyMooshroom is on a distinguished road

Ah, cool. Maybe it just seems odd to me because I never really felt that close to anyone since I tended to grow up very socially disconnected to social media and gaming addiction.
Sponsored Links
Old 10-27-18, 06:11 PM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 30,278 Times in 13,952 Posts
Fuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond repute

Makes perfect sense. Could be many reasons, eg maybe thinking of the people you love reminds you that you aren't alone or that you've someone to live for. Maybe it's soothing and relaxing. I'm not sure but I'm glad that you've got something or someone to hold on to. If you do feel suicidal or have a lot of suicidal ideation it's worth getting help for it or mentioning it to your doctor. It's nice that you've got a good coping mechanism but you shouldn't have to depend on it.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Fuzzy12 For This Useful Post:
CharlesH (10-27-18), MindBlind (11-03-18)
Old 10-27-18, 10:02 PM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 10,852 Times in 5,835 Posts
Rebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond repute

No not weird at all .
Old 11-02-18, 06:39 PM
ADDvanced Member

MindBlind is a jewel in the roughMindBlind is a jewel in the roughMindBlind is a jewel in the rough

No, thatís actually a very common coping strategy. Iím not sure why it would be weird. If it helps you to overcome those feelings, I say go for it.