ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > TREATMENT & MANAGEMENT > Medications > Wellbutrin
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Wellbutrin (bupropion hcl)

Old 11-05-04, 09:31 AM
ADDvanced Member

dixiepeep has disabled reputation
When do you take your Wellbutrin? Day or Night.

I have found that Wellbutrin makes me sleepy during the day. anyone else have this problem?
Old 11-06-04, 11:24 PM
Contributor

broK is on a distinguished road
hi Dixiepeep-currently im taking 450 mg of wellbutrin (along /2 other meds),
& yes, when i started taking it i was started at 150 mg & it really made me drowsey. after about 2-3 weeks i really dont remember exactly but i began to take it in the am because it began to not make me so sleepy anymore.
that worked until dr upped my dose when it made me sleepy again, but not so badly or for so long.
so i guess in answer to your question, i used to take it at night, but now i take it in the am cause most of the bad side effects arnt so bad now.
Old 11-07-04, 01:14 AM
ADDvanced Forum Guru

exeter is on a distinguished road
I had the opposite effect. It kept me up at night. My doc said it probably would, because it's an activating/stimulating antidepressant. I take mine in the morning and have had no problems with it.

OTOH, Strattera made me VERY sleepy, which is part of the reason doc and I decided to add the Wellbutrin. Like most things med-related, it varies from person to person. If it makes you sleepy, take it at night. If it keeps you awake, take it in the morning.
Sponsored Links
Old 11-08-04, 09:12 AM
ADDvanced Member

dixiepeep has disabled reputation
It does not make me sleepy now that I have been on it a week but last week was rough taking it durind the day. I says it is a stimulant so I figured it might keep me up. Saturday and Sunday I took it the morning and I did okay except I am irritable as he**. I did get some housework done between ranting and I also was very tearful and I have not been like that in a while. I hope that side effect goes away too because you have to have a THICK skin to work where I work with the people I work with. thanks for your posts. This is week 2 starting at 300 mg.
Old 11-17-04, 05:48 PM
Forum Guru

cameron has a spectacular aura aboutcameron has a spectacular aura about
I haven't heard of wellbutrin making you sleepy! interesting. Its an anti-depressent, it shouldn't have that type of side effect. I guess everyone has different side effects, I don't know..I take it and never feel sleepy during the day. I do sometimes wake up early in the morning and have a hard time falling back to sleep.
Old 11-18-04, 03:53 AM
ADDvanced Forum Guru

I got the same irritability on 300 mg of Wellbutrin. It was funny... NO side effects whatsoever for 2 weeks, but as soon as I asked my doc for the prescription after I had used up the samples, WHAM, it hit me. I'd take 300 mg one day and be incredibly irritable, then, the next day, I'd take 150 mg and be normal. It was like a switch I could flip. I accidentally took 300 mg one day after my psychiatrist and I decided to back down to 150 again... you guessed it... I was a total @hole that day. :P

Oh well, at least it's better than the first time we tried 300, when it kept me up for 3 days straight and gave me a not so fun panic attack. :P
Old 11-18-04, 03:54 AM
ADDvanced Forum Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by cameron
I haven't heard of wellbutrin making you sleepy! interesting. Its an anti-depressent, it shouldn't have that type of side effect.
LOTS of antidepressants have sleepiness as a side effect. In fact, some are even used as sleep aids occasionally.