ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > PARENTS OF CHILDREN WITH ADD/ADHD > Children's Diagnosis & Treatment
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Children's Diagnosis & Treatment This forums is for parents to discuss issues related to diagnosis and treament of children with AD/HD

Old 10-02-08, 09:53 AM

sharkbayt28 is on a distinguished road
sluggish cognitive tempo

my son is 7 years old and i have tried vyvanse and focalin without success. He isnt hyper at all, in fact he is the opposite. He is very sluggish or lathargic almost. the two drugs we tried made it worse. are there any drugs that help this type that anyone knows about. it is really a struggle and i need help badly. thanks sharkbayt28
Old 10-06-08, 02:41 PM
ADDvanced Forum Guru

MGDAD has much to be proud ofMGDAD has much to be proud ofMGDAD has much to be proud ofMGDAD has much to be proud ofMGDAD has much to be proud ofMGDAD has much to be proud ofMGDAD has much to be proud ofMGDAD has much to be proud ofMGDAD has much to be proud ofMGDAD has much to be proud of
Re: sluggish cognitive tempo

Those are both excellent medication choices. If they do not work, I would look for other possible issues(with the Doctors help). Has he had full blood work done to rule other things out? Like a Thyroid problem?