ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > ADDF Lounge > Chit-Chat
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 04-12-18, 12:32 PM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 25,454 Times in 11,837 Posts
Lunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond repute
Re: The what's bothering you RIGHT NOW thread Part IV

Quote:
Originally Posted by midnightstar View Post
I think my phone is finally on its last legs. It fell on the floor by accident this morning and its now much harder to press some of the buttons. Need to look into getting a new phone soon i think.
Nobody seems to remember using real computers anymore. When I have asked
for tips on doing things (like sharing photos or memes) I get directions for how
to do it on an i-phone.

HOW can people see the stuff on such a small screen? My vision is so poor that
the bigger the screen the happier I am. I recently changed to a 23 inch monitor
and I still need to use large font to read some sites (like this one).

As far as I know, there is nothing positive about ADHD that people can't have w out ADHD. ~ ADD me
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Lunacie For This Useful Post:
acdc01 (04-12-18), aeon (04-12-18), midnightstar (04-12-18), PoppnNSailinMan (04-12-18), psychopathetic (04-13-18), stef (04-12-18)
Old 04-13-18, 10:30 AM

Monox D. I-Fly has a spectacular aura aboutMonox D. I-Fly has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little Nut View Post
Hi Monox, Keep in mind that this is coming from a guy that goes to great lengths to fold a bedsheet that most people don't worry about folding or not folding.

If you truly wish to reconcile with this person, what you recounted in your post would be a great start to the conversation IMO. Sincere, open, and honest. -LN
Thanks for your suggestion, but ever since I knew she has a problem with me, she said that she doesn't want to discuss anything with me.
Old 04-13-18, 12:34 PM
Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 1,351 Times in 781 Posts
Little Nut has much to be proud ofLittle Nut has much to be proud ofLittle Nut has much to be proud ofLittle Nut has much to be proud ofLittle Nut has much to be proud ofLittle Nut has much to be proud ofLittle Nut has much to be proud ofLittle Nut has much to be proud ofLittle Nut has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monox D. I-Fly View Post
Thanks for your suggestion, but ever since I knew she has a problem with me, she said that she doesn't want to discuss anything with me.
I believe you Monox, but it still seems the loss of this friendship is a big regret for you. If you really believe this person knows of your regret and its sincerity...OK. If not sure, I would try to make sure they did as unobtrusive as possible. Brief e-mail and brief explanation why an e-mail and not face-to-face. -LN
Sponsored Links
Old 04-13-18, 01:08 PM

Lunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little Nut View Post
Hi Monox, Keep in mind that this is coming from a guy that goes to great lengths to fold a bedsheet that most people don't worry about folding or not folding.

If you truly wish to reconcile with this person, what you recounted in your post would be a great start to the conversation IMO. Sincere, open, and honest. -LN
When I have tried to repair friendships that were wrecked by the other person's misunderstanding, the more they felt I was making excuses, or else blaming
them for the misunderstanding when they feel they were 100% right. Learned my lesson, now I explain once and if they cling to their mistaken belief, I let it go. Otherwise they feel I'm invalidating their belief and I know how that feels.

As far as I know, there is nothing positive about ADHD that people can't have w out ADHD. ~ ADD me
Old 04-13-18, 02:25 PM
Contributor

Funky1 is a glorious beacon of lightFunky1 is a glorious beacon of lightFunky1 is a glorious beacon of lightFunky1 is a glorious beacon of lightFunky1 is a glorious beacon of lightFunky1 is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lunacie View Post
When I have tried to repair friendships that were wrecked by the other person's misunderstanding, the more they felt I was making excuses, or else blaming
them for the misunderstanding when they feel they were 100% right. Learned my lesson, now I explain once and if they cling to their mistaken belief, I let it go. Otherwise they feel I'm invalidating their belief and I know how that feels.
This sounds eerily like my last serious relationship. Yay narcissism!
Old 04-13-18, 02:42 PM
Mod-A-holic

Thanked 31,458 Times in 14,483 Posts
sarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond repute

Someone tell me to go out back and clean the deck like I said I would. Its a beautiful night for "setting" and I want it to look cleaned up. Its not even that bad Im just really stupid.

I carried a watermelon?
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to sarahsweets For This Useful Post:
midnightstar (04-13-18), psychopathetic (04-13-18), stef (04-13-18)
Old 04-13-18, 03:39 PM
e-(((hug))) extraordinaire!

Thanked 14,369 Times in 7,154 Posts
psychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarahsweets View Post
Someone tell me to go out back and clean the deck like I said I would. Its a beautiful night for "setting" and I want it to look cleaned up. Its not even that bad Im just really AWESOME SAUCE.
Fixed.

How about this? You go clean up your deck just a bit, and I'll go fill a bag up of trash from my room?
I'm seriously honestly going to go do this .

We'll both feel better for it!

(((((((Awesome Sauce Sweets)))))))

(((((((MOM)))))))
I'll always fondly remember.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to psychopathetic For This Useful Post:
Lunacie (04-13-18), midnightstar (04-13-18), stef (04-13-18)
Old 04-13-18, 04:40 PM

Thanked 14,545 Times in 6,493 Posts
aeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond repute

1600mg ibuprofen and 4% lidocaine patch were doing little for the hip bursitis this morning.

People wondered how I could be joking and laughing whilst grimacing and gimping.

Gotta stay on the sunny side, dontcha know?

Well, anyway, onward with the 0.5mg lorazepam, that will help loosen the muscle spasms.

---

In other news, the color outside is well and truly foul...pea soup that someone dumped an ashtray in.

They are predicting 9-12 inches of snow, with significantly more in certain localized areas.

On the way home I will get some small amount of needed groceries and once home, park and nestle in.

Coffee, tunes, cleaning, more coffee, perhaps a wee dram of Scotch whisky, more tunes, snoozin’.

---

I was supposed to come into work this weekend to set up a new production computer but it doesn’t look like that is going to happen. Ugh...it would have been nice to have some additional high-rate hours, but so it goes.

Minnesota spring storms, thieving from my pocketses, the *******s.

Cheers,
Ian
Little Missy (04-14-18), Lunacie (04-13-18), psychopathetic (04-13-18), stef (04-13-18)
Old 04-13-18, 04:46 PM

psychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by psychopathetic View Post
I'll go fill a bag up of trash from my room?
I'm seriously honestly going to go do this .
Done!

I actually took 2 bags out!!

There's a sizable dent missing from my mountain in my room!!!

(((((((MOM)))))))

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to psychopathetic For This Useful Post:
aeon (04-13-18), Fuzzy12 (04-13-18), Lunacie (04-13-18), stef (04-13-18)
Old 04-13-18, 05:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aeon View Post
1600mg ibuprofen and 4% lidocaine patch were doing little for the hip bursitis this morning.

People wondered how I could be joking and laughing whilst grimacing and gimping.

Gotta stay on the sunny side, dontcha know?

Well, anyway, onward with the 0.5mg lorazepam, that will help loosen the muscle spasms.

---

In other news, the color outside is well and truly foul...pea soup that someone dumped an ashtray in.

They are predicting 9-12 inches of snow, with significantly more in certain localized areas.

On the way home I will get some small amount of needed groceries and once home, park and nestle in.

Coffee, tunes, cleaning, more coffee, perhaps a wee dram of Scotch whisky, more tunes, snoozin’.

---

I was supposed to come into work this weekend to set up a new production computer but it doesn’t look like that is going to happen. Ugh...it would have been nice to have some additional high-rate hours, but so it goes.

Minnesota spring storms, thieving from my pocketses, the *******s.

Cheers,
Ian
I heard your area can expect an accumulation of ice first. Get home safe and
stay there, right?

Quote:
Done!

Awesome!

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Lunacie For This Useful Post:
aeon (04-13-18), psychopathetic (04-13-18), stef (04-13-18)
Old 04-14-18, 04:50 AM
Mod-A-holic

Thanked 31,458 Times in 14,483 Posts
sarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Done!

In got the deck done as well and sat outside and had a fire last night. You and I are a good team psycho..what should be do today?

I carried a watermelon?
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to sarahsweets For This Useful Post:
Lunacie (04-14-18), OyVeyKitty (04-14-18), psychopathetic (04-14-18)
Old 04-14-18, 06:03 AM
Purriendly feline moderator

Thanked 22,042 Times in 13,026 Posts
midnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond repute

The radioactive-banana-skins thought keeps coming back
Ebony (1st January 2014 - 2nd March 2018)
Tigger (31st October 2014 - current)
"No human should ever hurt an animal" Jessie, Animal Farm

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to midnightstar For This Useful Post:
OyVeyKitty (04-14-18), psychopathetic (04-14-18)
Old 04-14-18, 06:12 AM
ADDvanced Member

OyVeyKitty has much to be proud ofOyVeyKitty has much to be proud ofOyVeyKitty has much to be proud ofOyVeyKitty has much to be proud ofOyVeyKitty has much to be proud ofOyVeyKitty has much to be proud ofOyVeyKitty has much to be proud ofOyVeyKitty has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by midnightstar View Post
The radioactive-banana-skins thought keeps coming back
What specifically is it that you're worried about with them? Did someone bring up the fact that bananas are slightly radioactive (like most other things on this planet, including cats and humans)? Would it help if you knew more about radioactivity and how it works? It's something I have studied a bit as part of chemistry, so maybe I can help with that?
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to OyVeyKitty For This Useful Post:
Lunacie (04-14-18), midnightstar (04-14-18), namazu (04-14-18), psychopathetic (04-14-18)
Old 04-14-18, 06:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarahsweets View Post
In got the deck done as well and sat outside and had a fire last night.
That's awesome!! Nice job Sweets!

Quote:
You and I are a good team psycho..what should be do today?
Sleep!
I'mma need at least 3 days of it to recover from yesterday!

I'm going to do another 2 bags today. I know it's not much...but already in the last 3 or 4 days I've gathered up 5 bags worth of trash and junk, and it's made a big dent in the (shameful) pile. I'm committed to doing at least 1 bag a day till it's all out.

(((((((MOM)))))))

The Following User Says Thank You to psychopathetic For This Useful Post:
Lunacie (04-14-18)
Old 04-14-18, 06:26 AM

(((((((Mids)))))))

What a frightful thing to worry about

(((((((MOM)))))))

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to psychopathetic For This Useful Post:
Lunacie (04-14-18), midnightstar (04-14-18), namazu (04-14-18)
Closed Thread