ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > ADDF Lounge > Chit-Chat
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 04-14-18, 06:38 AM
Mod-A-holic

Thanked 32,019 Times in 14,809 Posts
sarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond repute
Re: The what's bothering you RIGHT NOW thread Part IV

Quote:
Originally Posted by psychopathetic View Post
That's awesome!! Nice job Sweets!

Sleep!
I'mma need at least 3 days of it to recover from yesterday!

I'm going to do another 2 bags today. I know it's not much...but already in the last 3 or 4 days I've gathered up 5 bags worth of trash and junk, and it's made a big dent in the (shameful) pile. I'm committed to doing at least 1 bag a day till it's all out.
Ok my bedroom is a disaster with piles of clothes everywhere.A lot has to be donated. I'll do two bags as well and report back.XXXOOO

I carried a watermelon?
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to sarahsweets For This Useful Post:
Lunacie (04-14-18), namazu (04-14-18), psychopathetic (04-14-18)
Old 04-14-18, 10:22 AM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 25,734 Times in 12,011 Posts
Lunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond repute

Sarah and psycho-bubba, good work you two.

Midsy, I am asking your brain to imagine something really fun and fulfilling
instead of horrible. I know your brain can do it.

I have a couple of people on facebook who send me wonderful short videos of
animals being silly and funny and loveable. I'll send you one right away.

As far as I know, there is nothing positive about ADHD that people can't have w out ADHD. ~ ADD me
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Lunacie For This Useful Post:
midnightstar (04-14-18), namazu (04-14-18), psychopathetic (04-14-18)
Old 04-14-18, 11:37 AM
Purriendly feline moderator

Thanked 22,476 Times in 13,280 Posts
midnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by OyVeyKitty View Post
What specifically is it that you're worried about with them? Did someone bring up the fact that bananas are slightly radioactive (like most other things on this planet, including cats and humans)? Would it help if you knew more about radioactivity and how it works? It's something I have studied a bit as part of chemistry, so maybe I can help with that?
For some reason my brain months ago latched onto the idea of radioactive banana skins, I was in therapy at the time and I told the therapist about that thought and he talked to me about it a bit and it went away, lately that thought has decided to start sneaking back again and my brain keeps twisting every argument back to "but banana skins do have radioactiveness" and then takes it further to "and by touching banana skins you're catching radioactiveness and apssing it on to Tigger and radioactiveness killed Ebony"
Ebony (1st January 2014 - 2nd March 2018)
Tigger (31st October 2014 - current)
"No human should ever hurt an animal" Jessie, Animal Farm

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to midnightstar For This Useful Post:
namazu (04-14-18), psychopathetic (04-14-18)
Sponsored Links
Old 04-14-18, 11:55 AM

Lunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by midnightstar View Post
For some reason my brain months ago latched onto the idea of radioactive banana skins, I was in therapy at the time and I told the therapist about that thought and he talked to me about it a bit and it went away, lately that thought has decided to start sneaking back again and my brain keeps twisting every argument back to "but banana skins do have radioactiveness" and then takes it further to "and by touching banana skins you're catching radioactiveness and apssing it on to Tigger and radioactiveness killed Ebony"
There are apparently three kinds of potassium in a banana, and only one of
them is radioactive . . . a teeny tiny little bit of radiation. Less than what we
actually have naturally in our bodies.

Just touching a banana skin doesn't pass any radiation through the skin
any more than touching a person passes their natural radiation to you.

Eating more than 200 bananas per day could give you radiation sickness.
Touching the skin of one banana won't harm you. At all. Ever.

As far as I know, there is nothing positive about ADHD that people can't have w out ADHD. ~ ADD me
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Lunacie For This Useful Post:
aeon (04-14-18), midnightstar (04-14-18), namazu (04-14-18), OyVeyKitty (04-14-18), psychopathetic (04-14-18)
Old 04-14-18, 12:37 PM
Contributor

Funky1 is a name known to allFunky1 is a name known to allFunky1 is a name known to allFunky1 is a name known to allFunky1 is a name known to allFunky1 is a name known to all

Woke up ready to kick some butt and do some hardcore studying for my A&P exam tomorrow, went to make coffee... and I'm out of coffee filters.
Old 04-14-18, 01:54 PM
ADDvanced Member

OyVeyKitty has much to be proud ofOyVeyKitty has much to be proud ofOyVeyKitty has much to be proud ofOyVeyKitty has much to be proud ofOyVeyKitty has much to be proud ofOyVeyKitty has much to be proud ofOyVeyKitty has much to be proud ofOyVeyKitty has much to be proud of

Quote:
Lunacie is absolutely right, there's no harm in touching bananas! Could you talk to your therapist about this again? I also want to say again that radioactivity is not contagious in any way. I'll try to explain it with an analogy if that helps any:

Radioactivity is exactly like a machine gun firing in all directions. Bullets go off at an incredible speed, but they either go through you or stop, and after that they're no longer dangerous at all. Like bullets become just a boring old ball of metal after they hit something thick enough, so too does the atomic particle become a boring old neutron or electron after it has hit something thick enough to stop it. It's the speed of the particle that is dangerous, not the particle in itself. That's all radioactivity is, it means something shoots off these tiny particles that are a part of itself. Getting hit with them won't make you shoot them off as well, they'll just either go through you or become absorbed by your body (at which point they are no longer dangerous or radioactive in any way.)

Sorry for the somewhat gory example, but it's really the best one I could come up with.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to OyVeyKitty For This Useful Post:
Funky1 (04-15-18), midnightstar (04-14-18), namazu (04-14-18), psychopathetic (04-14-18)
Old 04-14-18, 02:05 PM
Contrapunctual Moderator

Thanked 20,429 Times in 10,250 Posts
namazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond repute

I miss my old psychologist. She got me -- and challenged me -- in a way that my current psychologist doesn't quite do.

The current one's nice, and I like her, and she knows ADHD, but she's not as effective. But maybe I'm asking her to do the impossible.

I feel like I could use an in-home coach or something, but more than that, what I could really use is one of those tiny cartoon angels who sits on my shoulder and keeps the little devil who sits on the other shoulder in check.

I wish I were more functional. I wish I could be -- would be -- true to my word. I mean -- I am, in the sense that I don't make promises I don't fully intend to keep. But there's a huge gulf between intention and execution (a common refrain). And my ability to function is sufficiently variable -- well, of late, sufficiently poor -- that I haven't yet mastered the art of underpromising and overdelivering. If I could even underdeliver slightly less, that would be great.

Sigh.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to namazu For This Useful Post:
aeon (04-14-18), Lunacie (04-14-18), midnightstar (04-14-18), OyVeyKitty (04-14-18), psychopathetic (04-14-18), stef (04-14-18)
Old 04-14-18, 02:31 PM

midnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Lunacie is absolutely right, there's no harm in touching bananas! Could you talk to your therapist about this again? I also want to say again that radioactivity is not contagious in any way. I'll try to explain it with an analogy if that helps any:

Radioactivity is exactly like a machine gun firing in all directions. Bullets go off at an incredible speed, but they either go through you or stop, and after that they're no longer dangerous at all. Like bullets become just a boring old ball of metal after they hit something thick enough, so too does the atomic particle become a boring old neutron or electron after it has hit something thick enough to stop it. It's the speed of the particle that is dangerous, not the particle in itself. That's all radioactivity is, it means something shoots off these tiny particles that are a part of itself. Getting hit with them won't make you shoot them off as well, they'll just either go through you or become absorbed by your body (at which point they are no longer dangerous or radioactive in any way.)

Sorry for the somewhat gory example, but it's really the best one I could come up with.
Could radioactiveness have been what killed Ebony?

The Following User Says Thank You to midnightstar For This Useful Post:
OyVeyKitty (04-14-18)
Old 04-14-18, 02:45 PM
Contrapunctual Moderator

Thanked 20,429 Times in 10,250 Posts
namazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
No, I don't think so.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to namazu For This Useful Post:
aeon (04-14-18), midnightstar (04-14-18), OyVeyKitty (04-14-18), psychopathetic (04-14-18)
Old 04-14-18, 03:33 PM
ADDvanced Member

OyVeyKitty has much to be proud ofOyVeyKitty has much to be proud ofOyVeyKitty has much to be proud ofOyVeyKitty has much to be proud ofOyVeyKitty has much to be proud ofOyVeyKitty has much to be proud ofOyVeyKitty has much to be proud ofOyVeyKitty has much to be proud of

Quote:
namazu is right, that's not very likely at all. If she had been affected by radioactive materials then you would be too and you would likely be very ill. It sounds to me like she died from natural causes and had a lovely life with you and Tigs!
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to OyVeyKitty For This Useful Post:
Lunacie (04-14-18), midnightstar (04-14-18), namazu (04-14-18)
Old 04-14-18, 03:53 PM

Quote:
namazu is right, that's not very likely at all. If she had been affected by radioactive materials then you would be too and you would likely be very ill. It sounds to me like she died from natural causes and had a lovely life with you and Tigs!
Cancerous tumours took her, could the tumours have been caused by radioactiveness?

Old 04-14-18, 04:00 PM
ADDvanced Member

Quote:
Cancerous tumours took her, could the tumours have been caused by radioactiveness?
I'm not a doctor so I can't say for sure of course, but I really don't think so Midsy! It's much more likely that she just got cancer for some other reason. More importantly, there's nothing you could have done to prevent her medical problems and you did absolutely everything you could for her!
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to OyVeyKitty For This Useful Post:
midnightstar (04-14-18), namazu (04-14-18), psychopathetic (04-14-18), stef (04-14-18)
Old 04-14-18, 06:34 PM

Thanked 14,551 Times in 6,499 Posts
aeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond repute

I looked outside and I have never seen a snowstorm like this.

I don't know what the total is so far, but a space by the front door that is not a drift is over a foot deep.

And with the 35-40mph wind, even the air was pure white. I couldn't see the motorcycle shop across the street.

The joys of Spring in Minnesota.

Cheers,
Ian
Greyhound1 (04-14-18), Little Missy (04-14-18), Lunacie (04-14-18), namazu (04-14-18), OyVeyKitty (04-15-18), psychopathetic (04-14-18), stef (04-15-18)
Old 04-14-18, 06:55 PM

Thanked 21,264 Times in 11,393 Posts
Little Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by aeon View Post
I looked outside and I have never seen a snowstorm like this.

I don't know what the total is so far, but a space by the front door that is not a drift is over a foot deep.

And with the 35-40mph wind, even the air was pure white. I couldn't see the motorcycle shop across the street.

The joys of Spring in Minnesota.

Cheers,
Ian
No snow here, not a flake to be found. The Weather Bug LIES!

Hansa Branta time.

And in the end, the love you take; is equal to the love you make...Beatles Abbey Road 1969
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Little Missy For This Useful Post:
aeon (04-14-18), psychopathetic (04-14-18), stef (04-15-18)
Old 04-14-18, 07:22 PM

What is this snow you're speaking about? Is it that wet white stuff that I vaguely
remember from many, many, many years ago?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Lunacie For This Useful Post:
psychopathetic (04-14-18), stef (04-15-18)
Closed Thread