ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > TREATMENT & MANAGEMENT > Medications > Adderall
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Adderall (four amphetamine salts)

Old 07-27-08, 12:09 AM

wjones1396 is on a distinguished road
HELP ADDERALL XR brain foggy...surreal zombie

okay i could really use some help on figuring out something...

started adderall xr 10mg about two weeks ago, after week one with some effect we moved up to two a day (because it wore off and i was rebounding around 3pm) with "proper time spacing. yes they are both xr. first one at 7am next one 6hrs later

here is the thing, my head/brain feels foggy and slow and things seem a bit surreal to me. hard to describe... but i feel kind stupid and slow in my thinking, always seem to be searching for thoughts, a bit difficult to express my thoughts into words when speaking. kinda like i have a head cold...
plus i SEEM to be in slow motion physically and mentally, and more deliberate in my activities, thoughts, physical movements.

also i seem to be frowning and not smiling at all, took a pic of self and i look unhappy, unapproachable, frowning...

i do seem more productive, and focused, and able to do those dull/pain in the **** tasks, am less impulsive, more thoughtful (ie think>decide>act) in actions and activities

is this "blunting" that people refer to? or are their other keywords that i could enter into the search box???

just spent two hrs reading adderall forum, and found nothing so far...

My presumed add types are:
2 Inattentive ADD- Easily distracted with a low attention span, but not hyperactive. Instead, often appears sluggish or apathetic
5 Limbic ADD- Moodiness, low energy. Socially isolated, chronic low-grade depression. Frequent feelings of hopelessness

any help, experience, suggestions, alternate med from somebody who experienced this and switched to something "better"

thank you kindly
Old 07-27-08, 11:23 PM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 2,587 Times in 1,214 Posts
ToneTone has a reputation beyond reputeToneTone has a reputation beyond reputeToneTone has a reputation beyond reputeToneTone has a reputation beyond reputeToneTone has a reputation beyond reputeToneTone has a reputation beyond reputeToneTone has a reputation beyond reputeToneTone has a reputation beyond reputeToneTone has a reputation beyond reputeToneTone has a reputation beyond reputeToneTone has a reputation beyond repute
Re: HELP ADDERALL XR brain foggy...surreal zombie

So you've been on XR for two weeks and a double-dosage for one week ...

I think your brain is likely to adjust and you will feel less sad and less zombie-like.

I too had that experience initially on Adderall ... I felt like my brain was "stuck" or "broken" or that my mind was simply empty. That stopped after 3 weeks or so ....

So I would try it for a couple of more weeks ... if you're still dissatisfied at that point, you can investigate other meds, etc ... But one week is often not long enough for the brain to adjust to fill in the "weak" spots created by the new med.

good luck.
Old 04-12-14, 08:00 AM
Jr Member

Swimby.72 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by wjones1396 View Post
okay i could really use some help on figuring out something...

started adderall xr 10mg about two weeks ago, after week one with some effect we moved up to two a day (because it wore off and i was rebounding around 3pm) with "proper time spacing. yes they are both xr. first one at 7am next one 6hrs later

here is the thing, my head/brain feels foggy and slow and things seem a bit surreal to me. hard to describe... but i feel kind stupid and slow in my thinking, always seem to be searching for thoughts, a bit difficult to express my thoughts into words when speaking. kinda like i have a head cold...
plus i SEEM to be in slow motion physically and mentally, and more deliberate in my activities, thoughts, physical movements.

also i seem to be frowning and not smiling at all, took a pic of self and i look unhappy, unapproachable, frowning...

i do seem more productive, and focused, and able to do those dull/pain in the **** tasks, am less impulsive, more thoughtful (ie think>decide>act) in actions and activities

is this "blunting" that people refer to? or are their other keywords that i could enter into the search box???

just spent two hrs reading adderall forum, and found nothing so far...

My presumed add types are:
2 Inattentive ADD- Easily distracted with a low attention span, but not hyperactive. Instead, often appears sluggish or apathetic
5 Limbic ADD- Moodiness, low energy. Socially isolated, chronic low-grade depression. Frequent feelings of hopelessness

any help, experience, suggestions, alternate med from somebody who experienced this and switched to something "better"

thank you kindly
Just switched from adderall ir 10 gm to XR 15 gm and i have the same problem! and thats very frustrating. I've been on Adderall ir for a month and did't help at all I only get some mellow well being feeling for an a hour or too then I get the bad crash side effects.

Now i'm taking Adderal XR 15 gm a day and I'm feeling exactly like what you experience with this meds.
Sponsored Links
Old 09-27-17, 06:07 PM
Jr Member

anonjwm is on a distinguished road

I know I'm bumping an old thread but this is basically how I am feeling with my dose. I made a post here about a week ago.

The only difference is I've been taking Adderall for over 7 years. And this just started overnight 9 days ago.

I have an appointment with my doctor in like a week.